MAN page from RedHat 7.X reiserfs-utils-3.6.25-2.i386.rpm
Section: Maintenance Commands (8)
Updated: January 2001Index
reiserfsck - check a Linux Reiserfs file system
] [-l logfilename
] [ --logfile logfilename]device
It looks for reiserfs filesystem on a device, replays transactions which are to be replayed and either check or repair the filesystem
- is the special file corresponding to the device (e.g /dev/hdXX forIDE disk partition or /dev/sdXX for SCSI disk partition).
- This checks filesystem consistency. This is a default action. It maybe used on a filesystem mounted read-only
- This rebuilds filesystem tree using leaf nodes found on thedevice. Normally, you do not need this, but if you have to rebuildtree - please backup whole partition first or at least the mostimportant data if you can mount the partition.
- --interactive, -i
- This makes reiserfsckto stop after each pass completed.
- --logfile filename, -l filename
- makesreiserfsckto put info about found corruptions in logfile rather than on stderr
- When it is set - reiserfsckassumes that it is called by fsck -A and just returns even if filesystem seems not umounted cleanly
This version ofreiserfsck
has been written by Hans Reiser <reiserAATTidiom.com>.
There are probably few of them. Please, report bugs to Hans Reiser <reiserAATTidiom.com>.
Faster recovering, signal handling, objectid sharing, etc.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.