MAN page from RedHat 7.X reiserfs-utils-3.6.25-2.i386.rpm
Section: Maintenance Commands (8)
Updated: January 2001Index
] [-b blocknumber
It helps sometimes to solve problems with reiserfs filesystems. Being called w/o options it prints super block of reiserfs filesystem found on the device
- is the special file corresponding to the device (e.g /dev/hdXX forIDE disk partition or /dev/sdXX for SCSI disk partition).
- print contents of journal
- print formatted nodes of the filesystem
- print contents of direct items
- print contents of bitmap (not very useful)
- print objectid map (not very useful)
- scans the partition and prints a line when any kind of reiserfs formatted nodes found
- -b blocknumber
- print specified block of the filesystem-p
- This exists to help reiserfsck debugging. If reiserfsck fails -you may extract filesystem metadata with debugreiserfs -p /dev/xxx |gzip-c > xxx.gz. We download that data and make the filesystem similarto your with gunzip -c xxx.gz | unpack /dev/xxx (unpack is includedinto reiserfsprogs package). This usually allows to reproduce anddebug the problem quickly. When data file is not too large.
This version of debugreiserfs
has been written by Hans Reiser <reiserAATTidiom.com>.
There are probably few of them. Please, report bugs to Hans Reiser <reiserAATTidiom.com>.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.