Section: AFS Command Reference (8)
uss help - Displays help for uss commands
+] >>> [-help
uss h << [-t <help string+] >>> [-h]
The uss help
command displays the complete online help entry (shortdescription and syntax statement) for each command operation codespecified by the -topic
argument. If the -topic
argument is omitted,the output includes the first line (name and short description) of theonline help entry for every uss
To list every uss command whose name or short description includes aspecified keyword, use the uss apropos command.
- -topic <help string>+
- Indicates each command for which to display the complete online helpentry. Omit the uss part of the command name, providing only theoperation code (for example, specify bulk, not uss bulk). If thisargument is omitted, the output briefly describes every uss command.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options areignored.
The online help entry for each uss command consists of the following twoor three lines:
- The first line names the command and briefly describes its function.
- The second line lists aliases for the command, if any.
- The final line, which begins with the string Usage, lists the command'soptions in the prescribed order. Online help entries use the same symbols(for example, brackets) as the reference pages in this document.
The following command displays the online help entry for the uss bulk
% uss help bulk uss bulk: bulk input mode Usage: uss bulk -file <bulk input file> [-template <pathname of template file>] [-verbose] [-cell <cell name>] [-admin <administrator to authenticate>] [-dryrun] [-skipauth] [-overwrite] [-pwexpires <password expires in [0..254] days (0 => never)>] [-pipe] [-help]
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/
> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It wasconverted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and RussAllbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.
- PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.