Section: AFS Command Reference (8)
kas unlock - Unlocks a locked user account
<admin principal to use for authentication
] >>> << [-cell
<explicit list of authentication servers
kas u << -na <authentication ID >>>
<< [-a <admin principal to use for authentication] >>>
<< [-p <admin password] >>> << [-c <cell name] >>>
<< [-s <explicit list of authentication servers+] >>> [-no] [-h]
The kas unlock
command unlocks the Authentication Database entry namedby the -name
argument. An entry becomes locked when the user exceedsthe limit on failed authentication attempts, generally by providing thewrong password to either an AFS-modified login utility or the klog
command. Use the kas setfields
command to set the limit and the lockouttime, and the kas examine
command to examine the settings.
To unlock all locked user accounts at once, shutdown the kaserverprocess on every database server machine, and remove the/usr/afs/local/kaauxdb file from each one. The kaserver processrecreates the file as it restarts.
- -name <authentication ID>
- Names the Authentication Database entry to unlock.
- -admin_username <admin principal>
- Specifies the user identity under which to authenticate with theAuthentication Server for execution of the command. For more details, seethe kas(8) manpage.
- -password_for_admin <admin password>
- Specifies the password of the command's issuer. If it is omitted (asrecommended), the kas command interpreter prompts for it and does notecho it visibly. For more details, see the kas(8) manpage.
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, seethe kas(8) manpage.
- -servers <authentication servers>+
- Names each machine running an Authentication Server with which toestablish a connection. For more details, see the kas(8) manpage.
- Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For moredetails, see the kas(8) manpage.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options areignored.
In the following example, an administrator using the admin
accountunlocks the entry for jones
% kas unlock -name jones -admin_username admin Administrator's (admin) Password:
The issuer must have the ADMIN
flag set on his or her AuthenticationDatabase entry.
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/
> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It wasconverted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and RussAllbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.
- PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.