Section: AFS Command Reference (1)
fs help - Displays help for fs commands
+] >>> [-help
fs h << [-t <help string+] >>> [-h]
The fs help
command displays the complete online help entry (shortdescription and syntax statement) for each command operation codespecified by the -topic
argument. If the -topic
argument is omitted,the output includes the first line (name and short description) of theonline help entry for every fs
To display every fs command whose name or short description includes aspecified keyword, use the fs apropos command.
- -topic <help string>+
- Indicates each command for which to display the complete online helpentry. Omit the fs part of the command name, providing only theoperation code (for example, specify setacl, not fs setacl). If thisargument is omitted, the output briefly describes every fs command.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options areignored.
The online help entry for each fs command consists of the following two orthree lines:
- The first line names the command and briefly describes its function.
- The second line lists aliases for the command, if any.
- The final line, which begins with the string Usage, lists the command'soptions in the prescribed order. Online help entries use the same symbols(for example, brackets) as the reference pages in this document.
The following command displays the online help entry for the fs setacl
% fs help setacl fs setacl: set access control list aliases: sa Usage: fs setacl -dir <directory>+ -acl <access list entries>+ [-clear] [-negative] [-help]
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/
> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It wasconverted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and RussAllbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.
- PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.