|Name : djbdns
|Version : 1.05
||Vendor : rpmhelp_net
|Release : 19rph
||Date : 2003-03-18 04:47:35
|Group : System/Servers
||Source RPM : djbdns-1.05-19rph.src.rpm
|Size : 0.60 MB
|Packager : Vincent Danen < vdanen_mandrakesoft_com>
|Summary : djbdns DNS server
|Description : |
djbdns is a collection of Domain Name System tools. It includes several
* The dnscache program is a local DNS cache. It accepts recursive DNS
queries from local clients such as web browsers. It collects responses
from remote DNS servers.
* The tinydns program is a fast, UDP-only DNS server. It makes local DNS
information available to the Internet. It supports load balancing and
* The walldns program is a reverse DNS wall. It provides matching reverse
and forward records while hiding local host information.
* The rbldns program is an IP-address-listing DNS server. It uses DNS to
publish a list of IP addresses, such as RBL or DUL.
* The dns library handles outgoing and incoming DNS packets. It can be
used by clients such as web browsers to look up host addresses, hot names,
MX records, etc. It supports asynchronous resolution.
* The dnsfilter program is a parallel IP-address-to-host-name converter.
* The dnsip, dnsipq, dnsname, dnstxt, and dnsmx programs are simple
command-line interfaces to DNS.
* The dnsq and dnstrace programs are DNS debugging tools.
If you wish to replicate DNS information to secondary djbdns servers, you will
also need to install openssh and rsync to perform the actual replication.
This is not required unless you want to replicate to a secondary djbdns server
and is not required if your secondary is a BIND DNS server.
RPM found in directory: /mirror/ftp.rpmhelp.net/pub/9.1/RPMS