|Name : lib64adns1
|Version : 1.4
||Vendor : (none)
|Release : 4pclos2011
||Date : 2011-07-26 16:19:31
|Group : System/Libraries
||Source RPM : adns-1.4-4pclos2011.src.rpm
|Size : 0.08 MB
|Packager : (none)
|Summary : Libraries needed to run applications using adns
|Description : |
adns is a resolver library for C (and C++) programs. In contrast with
the existing interfaces, gethostbyname et al and libresolv, it has the
* It is reasonably easy to use for simple programs which just want
to translate names to addresses, look up MX records, etc.
* It can be used in an asynchronous, non-blocking, manner. Many
queries can be handled simultaneously.
* Responses are decoded automatically into a natural representation
for a C program - there is no need to deal with DNS packet
* Sanity checking (eg, name syntax checking, reverse/forward
correspondence, CNAME pointing to CNAME) is performed
* Time-to-live, CNAME and other similar information is returned in
an easy-to-use form, without getting in the way.
* There is no global state in the library; resolver state is an
opaque data structure which the client creates explicitly. A
program can have several instances of the resolver.
* Errors are reported to the application in a way that distinguishes
the various causes of failure properly.
* Understands conventional resolv.conf, but this can overridden by
* Flexibility. For example, the application can tell adns to: ignore
environment variables (for setuid programs), disable sanity checks
eg to return arbitrary data, override or ignore resolv.conf in
favour of supplied configuration, etc.
* Believed to be correct ! For example, will correctly back off to
TCP in case of long replies or queries, or to other nameservers if
several are available. It has sensible handling of bad responses
This package contains all of adns libraries.
RPM found in directory: /mirror/www.pclinuxos.com/pclinuxos/apt/pclinuxos/64bit/RPMS.x86_64