Changelog for libmpfr6-4.0.2-lp220.127.116.11.x86_64.rpm
* Wed Apr 01 2020 Richard Biener - Add cummulative patch mpfr-4.0.2-p6.patch fixing various bugs.
* Mon Jul 15 2019 Martin Liška - Add floating-point-format-no-lto.patch in order to fix assembler scanning (boo#1141190).
* Fri Feb 01 2019 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to mpfr 4.0.2
* Cummulative bugfix release, includes mpfr-4.0.1-cummulative-patch.patch.
* Thu May 17 2018 antoine.belvireAATTopensuse.org- Fix %install_info_delete usage:
* It has to be performed in %preun not in %postun.
* See https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Conventions_RPM_Macros#.25install_info_delete.
* Wed May 02 2018 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Add mpfr-4.0.1-cummulative-patch.patch. Fixes
* A subtraction of two numbers of the same sign or addition of two numbers of different signs can be rounded incorrectly (and the ternary value can be incorrect) when one of the two inputs is reused as the output (destination) and all these MPFR numbers have exactly GMP_NUMB_BITS bits of precision (typically, 32 bits on 32-bit machines, 64 bits on 64-bit machines).
* The mpfr_fma and mpfr_fms functions can behave incorrectly in case of internal overflow or underflow.
* The result of the mpfr_sqr function can be rounded incorrectly in a rare case near underflow when the destination has exactly GMP_NUMB_BITS bits of precision (typically, 32 bits on 32-bit machines, 64 bits on 64-bit machines) and the input has at most GMP_NUMB_BITS bits of precision.
* The behavior and documentation of the mpfr_get_str function are inconsistent concerning the minimum precision (this is related to the change of the minimum precision from 2 to 1 in MPFR 4.0.0). The get_str patch fixes this issue in the following way: the value 1 can now be provided for n (4th argument of mpfr_get_str); if n = 0, then the number of significant digits in the output string can now be 1, as already implied by the documentation (but the code was increasing it to 2).
* The mpfr_cmp_q function can behave incorrectly when the rational (mpq_t) number has a null denominator.
* The mpfr_inp_str and mpfr_out_str functions might behave incorrectly when the stream is a null pointer: the stream is replaced by stdin and stdout, respectively. This behavior is useless, not documented (thus incorrect in case a null pointer would have a special meaning), and not consistent with other input/output functions.
* Wed Feb 07 2018 astiegerAATTsuse.com- update to 4.0.1:
* Improved MPFR manual
* bug fixes, including mpfr_div_ui, mpfr_div rounding issue
* Tue Jan 02 2018 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to mpfr 4.0.0
* The \"dinde aux marrons\" release.
* MPFR now depends on GMP 5.0+ instead of 4.1+.
* API change: Applications that call GMP\'s mp_set_memory_functions function to change the allocators must first call the new function mpfr_mp_memory_cleanup in all threads where MPFR is potentially used; this new function is currently equivalent to mpfr_free_cache. The reason is that the way memory allocation is done by MPFR has changed (again), so that the current GMP allocators are used (since for some applications, the old allocators may become invalid). Note: Freeing the caches like this might have a performance impact on some particular applications; if this is an issue, this could be handled for a future MPFR version.
* Mini-gmp support via the --enable-mini-gmp configure option (experimental).
* The minimum precision MPFR_PREC_MIN is now 1, with rounding defined as in the errata of IEEE 754-2008 and in the following IEEE 754 revision (ties rounded away from zero).
* Shared caches for multithreaded applications. New function mpfr_free_cache2.
* Partial support of MPFR_RNDF (faithful rounding).
* New functions: mpfr_fpif_export and mpfr_fpif_import to export and import numbers in a floating-point interchange format, independent both on the number of bits per word and on the endianness.
* New function mpfr_fmodquo to return the low bits of the quotient corresponding to mpfr_fmod.
* New functions mpfr_flags_clear, mpfr_flags_set, mpfr_flags_test, mpfr_flags_save and mpfr_flags_restore to operate on groups of flags.
* New functions mpfr_set_float128 and mpfr_get_float128 to convert from/to the __float128 type (requires --enable-float128 and compiler support).
* New functions mpfr_buildopt_float128_p and mpfr_buildopt_sharedcache_p.
* New functions mpfr_rint_roundeven and mpfr_roundeven, completing the other similar round-to-integer functions for rounding to nearest with the even-rounding rule.
* New macro mpfr_round_nearest_away to add partial emulation of the rounding to nearest-away (as defined in IEEE 754-2008).
* New functions mpfr_nrandom and mpfr_erandom to generate random numbers following normal and exponential distributions respectively.
* New functions mpfr_fmma and mpfr_fmms to compute a
*d and a
* New function mpfr_rootn_ui, similar to mpfr_root, but agreeing with the rootn function of the IEEE 754-2008 standard.
* New functions mpfr_log_ui to compute the logarithm of an integer, mpfr_gamma_inc for the incomplete Gamma function.
* New function mpfr_beta for the Beta function (incomplete, experimental).
* New function mpfr_get_q to convert a floating-point number into rational.
* The mpfr_dump function is now described in the manual; its output format has slightly changed.
* The mpfr_eint function now returns the value of the E1/eint1 function for negative argument.
* The behavior of the mpfr_set_exp function changed, as it could easily yield undefined behavior in some cases (this modifies both the API and the ABI).
* In function mpfr_urandom, the next random state no longer depends on the current exponent range and the rounding mode. The exceptions due to the rounding of the random number are now correctly generated, following the uniform distribution.
* Functions mpfr_grandom and mpfr_root are deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
* Complete rewrite of function mpfr_sum, which now works in all cases (the old one could take all the memory and/or crash with inputs of different magnitudes in case of huge cancellation or table maker\'s dilemma). The sign of an exact zero result is now specified, and the return value is now the usual ternary value. Note that the position of \"const\" in the mpfr_sum prototype has been fixed (the manual was correct); user code should not be affected.
* Old, deprecated macros mpfr_add_one_ulp and mpfr_sub_one_ulp removed. The mpfr_next
* functions should be used instead.
* Internally, improved caching: a minimum of 10% increase of the precision is guaranteed to avoid too many recomputations.
* Added internal small-precision mpz_t pool, which aims to avoid the overhead of memory allocation, in particular. New function mpfr_free_pool.
* Added configure option --enable-assert=none to avoid checking any assertion.
* The --enable-decimal-float configure option no longer requires - -with-gmp-build, and support for decimal floats is now automatically detected by default (similarly for support for __float128).
* Updated tuning parameters.
* Better support for Automake 1.13+ (now used to generate the tarball).
* Dropped K&R C compatibility.
* Improved MPFR manual.
* New MPFRbench program (see the tools/bench directory).
* Major speedup in mpfr_add, mpfr_sub, mpfr_mul, mpfr_div and mpfr_sqrt when all operands have the same precision and this precision is less than twice the number of bits per word, e.g., less than 128 on a 64-bit computer.
* Speedup by a factor of almost 2 in the double <--> mpfr conversions (mpfr_set_d and mpfr_get_d).
* Speedup in mpfr_log1p and mpfr_atanh for small arguments.
* Speedup in the mpfr_const_euler function (contributed by Fredrik Johansson), in the computation of Bernoulli numbers (used in mpfr_gamma, mpfr_li2, mpfr_digamma, mpfr_lngamma and mpfr_lgamma), in mpfr_div, in mpfr_fma and mpfr_fms.
* Test coverage: 96.3% lines of code.
* Bug fixes. In particular: a speed improvement when the --enable-assert or --enable-assert=full configure option is used with GCC; mpfr_get_str now sets the NaN flag on NaN input and the inexact flag when the conversion is inexact. For a full list, see http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-3.1.6/#fixed and the same section for any previous 3.1.x version (follow the links in the \"Changes...\" sections).
* Microsoft Windows: Added support for thread-safe DLL (shared library). Tested with MinGW, ICC and MSVC.
* Limited pkg-config support.
* Autotools: Under Linux, make sure that the old dtags (when supported) are used if LD_LIBRARY_PATH is defined; otherwise \"make check\" would check an installed, compatible MPFR library found in LD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of the one that has been built with \"make\".
* New: optional \"make check-gmp-symbols\", mainly for binary distributions, to check that MPFR does not use GMP internal symbols (experimental).
* Tue Sep 12 2017 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to mpfr 3.1.6 release
* Includes mpfr-3.1.5-p9.patch
* Tue Jul 25 2017 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Add mpfr-3.1.5-p9.patch with cummulative patches to patchlevel p9, obsoletes mpfr-3.1.5-p8.patch.
* Wed Jun 07 2017 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Add mpfr-3.1.5-p8.patch with cummulative patches to patchlevel p8.
* Fri Nov 11 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Follow openSUSE Packaging Guidelines: do not packae static libraries: + Pass --disable-static to configure.
* Tue Sep 27 2016 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to mpfr 3.1.5:
* C++11 compatibility.
* Bug fixes (see and ChangeLog file).
* More tests.
* Sun Mar 06 2016 astiegerAATTsuse.com- mpfr 3.1.4, incorporating the cumulative patch, plus a number of upstream fixes- removing mpfr-3.1.3-patch1to12.patch
* Wed Feb 17 2016 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Add cummulative patch mpfr-3.1.3-patch1to12.patch
* Bug fixes (see
* Sun Jun 21 2015 astiegerAATTsuse.com- update to 3.1.3:
* Better support for Automake 1.13+ (now used to generate the tarball).
* Improved MPFR manual.
* Bug fixes (see and ChangeLog file)- drop upstreamed mpfr-3.1.2-patch11.diff
* Sun Mar 01 2015 mpluskalAATTsuse.com- Cleanup spec file with spec-claner- Add gpg signature
* Thu Jan 08 2015 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Add mpfr-3.1.2-patch11.diff to fix possible buffer overflow in mpfr_strtofr (CVE-2014-9474). [bnc#911812]