Changelog for patterns-base-update_test-20171206-lp152.mo.37.1.x86_64.rpm
* Wed Dec 02 2020 Ludwig Nussel - Use requires in update-test pattern so it also works when installing with recommends disabled.- Require update-test pattern from sw_management pattern instead of subtle supplements for same reason.
* Wed Dec 18 2019 Michal Suchanek - Support multiversion(kernel) with purge-kernels.service separated from dracut (jsc#SLE-10162).
* Tue Sep 24 2019 Ludwig Nussel - Need to explicitly have glibc-locale-base in patterns to make 32bit pattern have it too (boo#1142156).
* Thu May 02 2019 lnusselAATTsuse.de- recomment issue-generator in the minimal_base pattern rather than the release package (boo#1133636)
* Mon Apr 29 2019 Frederic Crozat - Move haveged from enhanced_base to minimal_base (bsc#1131369).
* Mon Apr 01 2019 lnusselAATTsuse.de- Remove btrfsmaintenance from patterns-base (boo#1063638)
* Tue Mar 26 2019 Fabian Vogt - Fix x11_raspberrypi (jsc#SLE-4142):
* Use only Requires, on JeOS recommmends and suggests are no-ops
* Remove xf86-input-void, obsolete (and not in SLE)
* Require base and x11 patterns
* Add some YaST modules, otherwise the control center is empty
* Tue Mar 19 2019 Simon Lees - Do not require openssh-askpass-gnome on openSUSE it doesn\'t make sense for most desktops (boo#1124865)- enhanced_base does not need to recommend sw_management or yast these are pulled in from enough other more sensible places.
* Thu Mar 07 2019 Andreas Färber - Add pattern x11_raspberrypi (fate#326509, jsc#SLE-4142) This is to cover the delta between SLES 15 GA and SP1 JeOS images to allow the user to recreate its IceWM desktop without requiring a lengthy list of packages.
* Wed Feb 27 2019 Fabian Vogt - Don\'t hard-require busybox-static in minimal_base (bsc#1126436)- Run pre_checkin.sh
* Tue Feb 19 2019 Frederic Crozat - ppc64-diag is required on ppc64le (bsc#1098849).
* Thu Feb 14 2019 Simon Lees - Add busybox-static to Minimal system so people can recover really broken systems
* Thu Jan 10 2019 kukukAATTsuse.de- Rename base pattern to \"Minimal Base System\" to match description and make clear, that this is not a full base system.- Rename minimal_base to \"Minimal Appliance Base\" to match description and avoid to have to patterns called \"Base System\" with different content.
* Fri Dec 07 2018 Stasiek Michalski - Adjust icons to state of yast2-theme package
* Thu Nov 22 2018 Richard Brown - Add transactional-update-zypp-config alongside transactional-update (boo#1111319)
* Wed Oct 10 2018 Richard Brown - transactional_base now requires base, recommends enhanced_base (bsc#1111311)
* Wed Sep 26 2018 kukukAATTsuse.de- Remove libnss_usrfiles2 from transactional server pattern
* Thu Sep 13 2018 Richard Brown - Make transactional_base pattern available for SLE (fate#326327)- Sync transactional_base pattern with Factory/patterns-base
* Wed Aug 15 2018 behlertAATTsuse.de- moved xfsprogs from enhanced_base pattern to minimal base pattern, changed \'suggests:\' to \'recommends:\' while doing so. [bsc#1095916]
* Mon May 28 2018 lnusselAATTsuse.de- explicitly include rsyslog in the base pattern to make sure logging goes to /var/log/messages as documented (bsc#1094841).
* Tue May 15 2018 lnusselAATTsuse.de- require distribution-release instead of openSUSE-release to avoid conflicts when migrating to SLE (boo#1089031)
* Mon May 14 2018 sfleesAATTsuse.de- Rework x11 pattern bsc#1086663- Recommend terminfo in minimal_base bsc#1081747- rpm doesn\'t need to be in base and minimal_base_conflicts- dont create transactional_base-32bit pattern.- Regenerate 32bit patterns
* Fri May 11 2018 lnusselAATTsuse.de- do not recommend ntp also in enhanced_base (boo#162331)
* Thu Apr 26 2018 lnusselAATTsuse.de- make everything in enhanced_base_opt really optional. It just increases the server install and SLE doesn\'t have the pattern at all either (bsc#1090189)
* Thu Apr 26 2018 lnusselAATTsuse.de- move ordering of patterns-base-base after gnome_x11 (bsc#1091102)
* Mon Apr 23 2018 rbrownAATTsuse.com- Rename readonly_root_tools to transactional_base (boo#1089095)- Correct transactional server role pattern to use enhanced_base (boo#1088884)
* Thu Apr 19 2018 fcrozatAATTsuse.com- Do not recommends on SLE patterns which aren\'t shipped on SLE.- Ensure recommends on ntfs-3g and ntfsprogs are enabled on SLE (bsc#1087242).
* Thu Apr 19 2018 behlertAATTsuse.de- drop patterns-base-32bit pattern for s390 and s390x [bsc#1088669]- re-run create_32bit-patterns_file.pl
* Fri Apr 06 2018 fbuiAATTsuse.com- Don\'t install systemd-coredump by default on Leap (bsc#1083849)
* Thu Apr 05 2018 fbuiAATTsuse.com- Add systemd-coredump to the list of recommended packages of miminal_base Latest systemd package splitted off its coredump management facility into a sub-package. Recommend this package so this functionnality is still available by default on SLE (but will be disabled on Leap, see bsc#1083849). Also give the possibility to block it by using a soft dep (Recommends:). This might be needed on live images for example where space is rather low.
* Thu Apr 05 2018 sfleesAATTsuse.de- Remove grub variants from patterns bsc#1064265
* Wed Apr 04 2018 behlertAATTsuse.de- added timezone as recommended to minimal_base pattern [bsc#1085075]
* Tue Apr 03 2018 behlertAATTsuse.de- ethtool is available on SLE 15, moving out of \"opensuse only\" section [bsc#1087354]
* Wed Mar 21 2018 sfleesAATTsuse.de- Don\'t install rollback helper on openSUSE (See why is this even in here.... thread on openSUSE project mailing list) boo#1086584
* Tue Mar 13 2018 sfleesAATTsuse.de- add lightdm as a recommends to x11 pattern boo#1081760- regenerate 32bit patterns- Don\'t generate 32bit patterns for readonly_root_tools
* Tue Mar 06 2018 rbrownAATTsuse.com- Introduce readonly_root_tools pattern for Read-Only Root Filesystem (boo#1084149)
* Mon Feb 26 2018 okurzAATTsuse.com- put cron in base system (bsc#1072602)
* Mon Feb 19 2018 lnusselAATTsuse.de- fix pattern names packgeand() lines of 32bit patterns (bsc#1079353)- put chrony in base system (bsc#1072351)
* Mon Feb 12 2018 lnusselAATTsuse.de- fix pattern() provides to use %2d instead of dash to avoid rpm parsing the string as name-version (bsc#1079353)- don\'t recommend insserv-compat as anything sysvinit is obsolete
* Fri Jan 12 2018 fvogtAATTsuse.com- Don\'t require apparmor-docs, only recommend it- Require xorg-x11-fonts-core instead of xorg-x11-fonts- Don\'t require xorg-x11, only recommend it
* Fri Dec 15 2017 simonf.leesAATTsuse.com- Add lshw- lsvpd is only relevant on ppc systems
* Tue Dec 12 2017 simonf.leesAATTsuse.com- Provide chrony in base patterns (bsc#1072351, fate#323432)- Install pp64-diag and lsvpd by default (bsc#1072351)- Regenerate 32bit patterns
* Fri Dec 08 2017 fcrozatAATTsuse.com- Ensure xorg-x11-driver-input is required for x11 pattern, except on s390/390x where it doesn\'t exist.
* Fri Dec 08 2017 simonf.leesAATTsuse.com- Version: 20171206- Add obsoletes across all patterns (bsc#1071761)- Fix the formatting mess spec cleaner reintroduced (again)
* Thu Nov 30 2017 fcrozatAATTsuse.com- Recommends plymouth on SLE (bsc#1067481).
* Sun Nov 12 2017 lnusselAATTsuse.de- Add create_32bit-patterns_file.pl as source- guard some sle specifics with %is_opensuse
* Tue Oct 24 2017 fcrozatAATTsuse.com- Ensure openSUSE patterns aren\'t provided / obsoletes when building for SLE.- Add Recommend to enhanced_base: OpenIPMI bash-completion cpp cryptconfig expect ipmitool lvm2 m4 make mksh mutt quota supportutils sysfsutils tcsh w3m lsof psmisc sudo.- Add grub2-branding-SLE recommends on enhanced_base on SLE.- Fix description of minimal_base on SLE.
* Fri Oct 20 2017 kukukAATTsuse.de- Remove salt-minion from base [bsc#1064266]
* Mon Oct 16 2017 simonf.leesAATTsuse.com- minimal_base doesn\'t need to be visable in yast- Basesystem and Documentation don\'t need 32bit patterns- Regenerate 32bit patterns
* Thu Oct 12 2017 kukukAATTsuse.de- Move tar to minimal pattern, too many low level tools assume tar is installed by default
* Wed Oct 11 2017 cooloAATTsuse.com- Recommend glibc-locale from minimal_base not enhanced_base, we install in en_US, so we need a locale one way or the other. Requiring it from enhanced_base now to make sure it\'s part of regular installations (but can be disabled for e.g. chroots with C locale - bsc#1057377)
* Mon Oct 09 2017 sfleesAATTsuse.de- base pattern now obsoletes and provides Minimal to make SLES-12 upgrades smoother (bsc#1062164)- x11_enhanced pattern now obsoletes and provides Minimal to make SLED-12 upgrades smoother (bsc#1062164)- Source pattern-definition-32bit.txt correctly
* Sun Oct 08 2017 cooloAATTsuse.com- Do not provide x11 in x11_enhanced but require it- Move basic X11 apps to x11 pattern and Firefox to x11_enhanced- Remove tcl and tk from default installation
* Fri Oct 06 2017 kukukAATTsuse.de- Rename xterm-bin back to xterm, we still have xterm.rpm
* Fri Oct 06 2017 kukukAATTsuse.de- Remove libnss_compat2 (dropped, still part of glibc) and libnss_nis2 (needs to be together with ypbind)
* Fri Oct 06 2017 kukukAATTsuse.de- Remove again added pam-modules, this package deprecated since many years.
* Fri Sep 22 2017 sfleesAATTsuse.de- Bring back in other patterns, from sle
* sw_management- Update enhanced_base and x11_enhanced based off SLES minimal and x11_enhanced patterns
* Tue Sep 19 2017 sfleesAATTsuse.de- Split the following patterns into patterns-enhanced-base
* sw_management- Remove minimal_base_conflicts (not in SLE we can probably live without)- Major changes to X11 package, to line up with SLES, new package will be added in patterns-enhanced-base to keep openSUSE/SLED compaitible- Add documentation from SLE- Copy 32bit support from SLE (x86 package removed)- slight change to apparmor packages to match sle- recommend salt-minion only on SLE- Remove ppc only requires from base
* Tue Sep 19 2017 sfleesAATTsuse.de- set many
*_opt patterns to only build on openSUSE- Add some is_opensuse sections for packages not in SLE- Move certain packages from
*_opt when they are not in SLE
* xterm (xterm-bin added in place)
* x11-tools- Move packages from x11-opt to x11 so x11-opt is openSUSE only
* xtermset- Rework of enhanced_base
* Move from enhanced_base to enhanced_base_opt
* Move from enhanced_base_opt to enhanced_base
* xz (now recommended rather then suggested)
* Move or remove the following packages to console
* w3m- Remove certain packages from patterns where they are not shipped in SLE15
* enhanced_base / enhanced_base_opt
* utempter (only lib in factory)
* freeglut (dropped from factory)
* xorg-x11-driver-input (compatability meta package)
* xpdf-poppler (dropped from factory)
* freeglut (dropped from factory)- Remove the 32 and 64bit patterns- move ntp work around for boo#936378 to patterns-yast- remove systemd from enhanced_base_opt (already included elsewhere)- swap SuSEfirewall2 to firewalld following SLE-15- no longer recommend alternate shells (users who want to change know how to install them)
* zsh- Recommend nano in enhanced_base boo#1034493- Console pattern only recommends things not requires them- tgt removed (in yast where it shoud be)- open-iscsi just needs to be in the media patterns boo#393589
* Mon Sep 18 2017 dleuenbergerAATTsuse.com- Add libnss_compat2 and libnss_nis2 to minimal_base: they were integrated into glibc before.
* Wed Aug 30 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Introduce a wrapper pattern \'basesystem\'. One pattern cannot provide two names. This is likely to disappear soon again, but helps for an easier migration/cleanup run (and fixes boo#1049997).
* Thu Jul 13 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Move glibc-32bit and glibc-locale-32bit recommends from base_enhanced to x86 (boo#947161).- No longer recommend nss-mdns-32bit by the x11 pattern.- Mark 64bit pattern as invisible.
* Thu Jul 06 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Make pattern minimal_base visible: there are quire some scripts relying on this to install containers.
* Mon Jul 03 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Drop sash recommends: sash is being removed from Tumbleweed.
* Fri Jun 16 2017 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Drop xinetd from patterns as if someone really needs it they should rather pick it up. Today soultion for the problem is the systemd socket service.
* Thu Jun 08 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Rename pattern minimal_base-conflicts to minimal_base_conflicts: we fall into a neat trap with Provides: pattern() = minimal_base-conflicts As this is translated to RPM lingo, meaning \'minimal_base\' is the \'version\' and \'conflicts\' the \'release\'; so anything requiring pattern() = minimal_base is satisfied by minimal_base-conflicts directly too (boo#1043348).
* Thu May 18 2017 lnusselAATTsuse.de- Recommend zypper-lifecycle-plugin in sw_management for stable distributions
* Thu May 11 2017 sfleesAATTsuse.de- Proper fixes for the last change re generic_server,
* console should require enhanced_base so its functionally the same as x11
* base should require minimal_base
* remove the following from base again as they are in minimal base
* other minor tidyup\'s
* Wed May 10 2017 dleuenbergerAATTsuse.com- Re-introduce generic_server pattern: it requires minimal_base and basesystem (including zypper) and recommends yast2_basis. The use of the \'pure\' console pattern did not work out as expected: none of the management tools are part of the generic console toolset (which is correct).
* Wed May 03 2017 kukukAATTsuse.de- Add system users and groups to minimal_base
* Fri Apr 28 2017 jengelhAATTinai.de- Compact %install routine; replace old RPM shell vars by macros.
* Fri Apr 28 2017 dleuenbergerAATTsuse.com- Do not require autoyast2 by base pattern.
* Fri Apr 28 2017 dleuenbergerAATTsuse.com- Do not install salt-minion on every machine possible. This does belong to machines that are managed by salt, which is for larger setups. \'Common\' installs won\'t need this.
* Wed Mar 15 2017 sfleesAATTsuse.de- Create new base split package from old package- Macros split into patterns-rpm-macros package
* Mon Mar 06 2017 sfleesAATTsuse.de- Implement changes for the pattern split without actually splitting
* Remove the following patterns.
* generic_server (merged into console)
* Minimal-Base, Base and Enhanced Base refactored to be closer to how they appear in SLE.
* command-not-found and susepaste added to console and x11 patterns as recmmends, this was requested by those providing opensuse support.
* Sun Mar 05 2017 sor.alexeiAATTmeowr.ru- Require dbus(org.freedesktop.Notifications) in mate_basis: a notification daemon is a must.- Recommend mate-notification-daemon in mate_basis as a preferred option.- Suggest linphone instead of ekiga in mate_internet.
* Sun Feb 26 2017 fabianAATTritter-vogt.de- Replace kwrite with kate
* Sat Feb 11 2017 fabianAATTritter-vogt.de- Replace mozilla-kde4-integration with kmozillahelper
* Mon Feb 06 2017 dleuenbergerAATTsuse.com- Bump version to 20170206.
* Fri Feb 03 2017 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Replace liberation-fonts with liberation2-fonts Recommends: With the current freetype2 we have in Tumbleweed, liberation2-fonts is more visually pleasing.
* Thu Feb 02 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Drop devel_java pattern from the DVD: space constrains call for this action. The pattern of course stays available in the repos.
* Wed Jan 25 2017 tiwaiAATTsuse.de- Drop gsynaptics Recommends from XFCE and LXDE patterns (boo#1010202): This drags xf86-input-synaptics and blocks the libinput usage as a consequence although we\'ve already wanted to move to libinput.
* Tue Jan 10 2017 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Drop gnome-nettool Recommends from patterns-openSUSE-gnome and patterns-openSUSE-gnome_internet. Gnome-nettool is deprecated upstream and is no longer a package we want to install by default.
* Tue Jan 10 2017 fabianAATTritter-vogt.de- Remove konqueror references from patterns, one browser in the default installation is enough
* Tue Jan 03 2017 rbrownAATTsuse.de- Remove non_oss from the recommends of GNOME, KDE & MATE patterns
* Fri Dec 09 2016 sfleesAATTsuse.de- Major cosmetic cleanup, No functional changes. Changes found by running zypper --whatprovides on each name listed in the pattern then fixing the differences.
* Update packages that have been renamed
* Drop packages that have been absorbed into other packages
* Fri Nov 18 2016 astiegerAATTsuse.com- Fix spelling of Enlightenment boo#1010967
* Wed Oct 26 2016 alarrosaAATTsuse.com- Recommend kdeconnect-kde in the kde_plasma pattern. This plasma widget adds a lot to the user experience.
* Wed Oct 26 2016 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Drop aisleriot from recommended packages. App still depends on gconf, and we do not want to pull in gconf just for a game by default.
* Thu Oct 20 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- The DVD is exploding in size: + Drop devel_qt4 pattern from the DVD; the world has moved to Qt5. The pattern stays available in the online repos. + Drop the devel_gnome pattern: serious GNOME devs won\'t be using this from the DVD: most rely on jhbuild or at least on the content of the online repo.
* Tue Oct 18 2016 mvetterAATTsuse.com- boo#1005324: adding pavucontrol-qt without pulseaudio does not make sense.
* Wed Oct 12 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Do not recommend tracker, tracker-gui and brasero for the XFCE Desktop: Tracker is well integrated into the GNOME Desktop and GNOME Applications, but XFCE itself can\'t do much with its database (boo#1002454).
* Fri Oct 07 2016 mvetterAATTsuse.com- Update LXQt pattern:
* New core packages: lxqt-l10n, lxqt-sudo
* Non core packages who still belong to LXQt upstream organization: obconf-qt, pavucontrol-qt
* Replace gwenview by lximage-qt.
* Thu Sep 22 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update GNOME pattern to be more in line with the GNOME Core application recommendations: + brasero: only suggested instead of recommended. Writing optical media is no longer the \'standard\'. By suggesting it, we ensure the programs stays on the media though. + gnome-clocks and gnome-logs: newly recommended tools.
* Thu Sep 22 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Demote libreoffice-base-extenstions from Recommends to Suggests: we already don\'t explicitly recommend Base (which also does not make much sense for most users) - so the extensions make even less sense. Keeping it as suggests ensures it still ends up on the media though.
* Fri Sep 16 2016 alarrosaAATTsuse.com- Added kdebase4-workspace-libs Recommend to the kde_plasma pattern so qt4 apps use the breeze style instead of depending on indirect requirements to install that package.
* Mon Sep 05 2016 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Drop gnome-web-photo Recommends from gnome_utilities pattern.
* Thu Aug 25 2016 badshah400AATTgmail.com- Suggest instead of Recommend inkscape for the gnome_imaging_opt pattern, so that it is not pulled in by default on default GNOME pattern installs. Inkscape is a specialised app that users should install on their system if they need it, and the other desktop patterns (e.g. KDE) do not install it by default either.
* Thu Aug 25 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Add the \'generic_server\' pattern to the DVD.
* Mon Aug 22 2016 jengelhAATTinai.de- Drop sox, vorbis-tools from console, this does not feel like the right place for them. Same for wodim.
* Tue Aug 09 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- No longer recommend gnome-games-recommended by gnome_games but the actual games directly: iagno, lightsoff, quadrapassel, gnome-chess, gnome-mahjongg, gnome-mines, gnome-sudoku, swell-foop. The resulting installation pattern is the same.
* Mon Aug 08 2016 lnusselAATTsuse.de- remove references to rsh, smpppd, checkinstall. The packages got dropped long ago.
* Thu Jul 28 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Use lightdm instead of lxdm for LXDE.
* Thu Jul 14 2016 fvogtAATTsuse.com- Add yast2-qt-branding-openSUSE to rest_cd_
* patterns to get the default look of the installation wizard
* Mon Jul 04 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Drop kstars from kde_edutainment pattern: we need to gain some space on the DVD again.
* Fri Jul 01 2016 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Drop itrace, we don\'t have it on media anymore
* Sat Jun 18 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Updates to pattern rest_cd_x11 (Rescue CD): + Always use kernel-default (never kernel-desktop): The kernel configurations have been merged and kernel-default provides all features. Same for ndiswrapper-kmp-default + Drop useless recommends, that would only matter if the rescue CD were installable: cracklib-dict-full, pullin-fluendo-mp3, + Replace mupdf with evince (33MB vs 3.5 MB, the GTK3 stack is already there anyway).
* Mon Jun 13 2016 mvetterAATTsuse.com- Add LightDM to LXQt pattern- Require LXQt core components for LXQt pattern instead of only recommending them
* Fri Jun 10 2016 sfleesAATTsuse.de- Add LightDM to enlightenment pattern (boo#951558)
* Mon Jun 06 2016 mvetterAATTsuse.com- Add a note about obconf-qt in lxqt pattern.- Add qterminal recommends to lxqt pattern.
* Mon May 30 2016 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Remove comments that do not make sense- Remove pm-utils -> obsoleted by systemd- Remove tmpwatch -> now handled by systemd- Do not suggest and recommend elilo -> we have grub2 only supported- Do not recommend gfxboot -> we have grub2
* Fri May 27 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Drop icedtea-web recommends from gnome and kde patterns.
* Thu May 26 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- No longer recommend xorg-x11-Xvnc by the x11 pattern (boo#981663).
* Wed May 18 2016 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- remove lilo and grub from patterns
* Tue May 17 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Add unbound to the DVD patterns (boo#972499).
* Fri May 13 2016 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- add devel_osc_build pattern
* Thu Mar 31 2016 dmuellerAATTsuse.com- enable dmidecode/numactl/efibootmgr for aarch64
* Sun Mar 27 2016 badshah400AATTgmail.com- Update GNOME patterns: + Remove gnome-font-viewer from all GNOME patterns (still leave it in the mate-
* patterns). + rest_cd_gnome: - Drop gnome_games pattern to save space, add back a few games as Recommends instead (we don\'t want a completely game free LiveCD after all!). - Drop mc. - Drop backup and rescue utilities: ddrescue, gnu_ddrescue, grsync, lftp. - Drop krb5-client and pam_krb5. - Drop gparted, more suited to the rescue cd than here. - Drop ldap utilities: pam_ldap, nss_ldap.- All patterns: Drop input-utils, package has been long dropped from Factory.
* Mon Mar 21 2016 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Replace xchat by hexchat everywhere
* Thu Mar 03 2016 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Fix pattern name/summary for python3 developement- Fix pattern for KF5 with wrong python3-kde3 that never existed- Add back tlp to laptop pattern which was dropped by previous changeset
* Wed Jan 27 2016 tittiatcokeAATTgmail.com- Obsolete the kde4bindings for perl, python, ruby and mono. They haven\'t been ported and are obstructing the switch of Akonadi to its Frameworks port
* Sun Jan 24 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Do not require midori on the Rescue CD: we already have Firefox on it; midori pulling in webkit makes it just too big.
* Sat Jan 23 2016 dleuenbergerAATTsuse.com- Replace cdrecord in console pattern again with wodim: as long as kiwi hard requires wodim, we can\'t require cdrecord from the pattern.
* Thu Jan 14 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Drop deja-dup from GNOME patterns: it was added back in the days when we increased the live CD from 650MB to 1000MB in order to help fill up the space - but now we are struggling to keep below the 1000MB limit.- Drop tango-icon-theme from the GNOME base pattern: it\'s been a while that GNOME relied on anything but adwaita and hicolor.
* Tue Jan 12 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Recommend pinentry-gnome3 from the GNOME pattern (boo#961472).
* Sun Jan 10 2016 tittiatcokeAATTgmail.com- Adjust the KDE/PLASMA patterns:
* Move to the new KF5 based KDEPIM suite as default
* Move to kf5 based gwenview
* Also recommend plasma5-pa for the kde_multimedia pattern instead of kmix
* drop all kdeartwork related packages. This has been dropped completely upstream
* minor corrections
* Fri Jan 01 2016 davejplaterAATTgmail.com- Replaced wodim with well maintained cdrecord in console pattern.
* Fri Dec 18 2015 mkubecekAATTsuse.cz- kde_plasma: hard dependencies have been added recently for packages that either are far from necessary or have reasonable alternatives some users may prefer; soften these to Recommends: + plasma5-pk-updates + plasma5-pa + dragonplayer
* Sat Nov 21 2015 badshah400AATTgmail.com- Update GNOME patterns: + gnome_imaging_opt: Drop xsane, GNOME already includes simple-scan serving the same purpose. + gnome_internet: - Drop gftp, gwibber, smuxi, xchat-gnome. - Replace pan by evolution-rss. + gnome_utilities: Drop conduit, kerneloops-applet, pdfmod, synapse, tasque and the-board.
* Wed Nov 18 2015 tittiatcokeAATTgmail.com- Remove kdeartwork4-screensavers from the kde-utilities pattern. This saves space on the LiveCD and is useless on a Plasma5 desktop
* Mon Nov 16 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Drop valgrind-devel from devel_kde pattern: it is not very common to require that by devs.
* Mon Nov 16 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update GNOME patterns: + Replace shotwell with gnome-photos. + Drop alacarte: it makes only very limited sense since GNOME 3. + Drop system-config-printer-applet: GNOME 3 does not have a try to properly display it.
* Thu Nov 12 2015 cooloAATTsuse.com- bump version
* Wed Nov 11 2015 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- readd dejavu-fonts on coolo\'s request (comment in request#343080)
* Wed Nov 11 2015 mlatimerAATTsuse.com- Remove kernel-xen (and omnibook-kmp-xen) from xen_server pattern as kernel-default now includes pvops capabilities.
* Thu Nov 05 2015 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- install google-roboto-fonts instead of dejavu-fonts in -fonts pattern, add noto-sans to -fonts_opt pattern [bnc#951898]
* Mon Nov 02 2015 mlinAATTsuse.com- According to icewm changes https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/342069 use icewm-default as recommends instead of icewm-lite.
* Thu Oct 29 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- Remove flash from patterns
* Fri Oct 23 2015 sor.alexeiAATTmeowr.ru- Hard-require very basic parts of MATE in mate_basis pattern.- Recommend mate-tweak and hexchat (instead of xchat) in mate pattern.
* Wed Oct 21 2015 hrvoje.senjanAATTgmail.com- kde_plasma now require plasma5-pk-updates package- Remove apper recommends in kde pattern
* Tue Oct 20 2015 hrvoje.senjanAATTgmail.com- Add recommends for baloo5-tools and baloo5-kioslaves to kde_plasma pattern (boo#948810)- Given that video playback with vlc on Qt 5.5 is broken ATM, default to dragonplayer in plasma
* Sun Oct 18 2015 hrvoje.senjanAATTgmail.com- Adjust kde plasma pattern to current state of things: require plasma5-pa instead of kmix- Let plasma pattern be more useful: require at least one video player (vlc-qt)
* Thu Oct 15 2015 mlatimerAATTsuse.com- Suggest libvirt-daemon-lxc for both Xen and KVM patterns. [bsc#947242]
* Fri Oct 09 2015 schwabAATTsuse.de- Recommend grub2-arm64-efi on aarch64- create_macros: use %global instead of %define
* Thu Oct 08 2015 cooloAATTsuse.com- drag in updatetest packages if with_betatest is defined in the project (Leap for now)
* Thu Oct 01 2015 bwiedemannAATTsuse.com- Add generic_server pattern
* Thu Sep 24 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Recommend systemd-32bit in the rest_dvd_core pattern.
* Wed Sep 23 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Also fix the KDE CD: sssd-32bit is recommended there too, so also recommend systemd-32bit.
* Wed Sep 23 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- When recommending sssd-32bit, also recommend systemd-32bit: the systemd-pam modules are needed in this case too (not strictly a requirement, but pam-config -a --systemd fails on a 64bit system when pam-32bit is installed but the 32bit pam modules are not).
* Tue Sep 22 2015 mvetterAATTsuse.com- Add basic lxqt pattern
* Fri Sep 18 2015 p.drouandAATTgmail.com- create mate_internet and mate_office_opt patterns- Recommend newly created patterns instead of GNOME\'s ones; recommending GNOME\'s intall plenty of packages unwanted by regular users
* Tue Sep 08 2015 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- added stix-fonts and ctan-latinmodern-fonts to fonts_opt [bnc#944629]
* Mon Sep 07 2015 hguoAATTsuse.com- Introduce four recently developed Yast modules into yast2 pattern
* Fri Aug 28 2015 trcsAATTgmx.com- Do not recommend lxpanel-plugin-power-manager in %package lxde: dropped upstream. https://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce-announce/2015-May/000423.html
* Fri Aug 28 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- tweak haskell_platform pattern
* Thu Aug 27 2015 lnusselAATTsuse.de- need to allow binutils in minimal
* Tue Aug 04 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- add haskell_platform pattern
* Sun Jul 19 2015 cooloAATTsuse.com- downgrade broken requires from leechcraft pattern
* Thu Jul 16 2015 mlinAATTsuse.com- drop out dhcpcd
* Wed Jul 15 2015 sor.alexeiAATTmeowr.ru- Adapt MATE patterns to MATE 1.10+.
* Tue Jul 14 2015 arnaudAATTversini.eu- Recommend OpenJDK 8 instead of OpenJDK 7.
* Mon Jun 29 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Recommend NTP at least until boo#936378 is fixed and YaST is not trying to configure a service that\'s not there.
* Thu Jun 25 2015 lnusselAATTsuse.de- remove minimal conflict with perl, perl-Bootloader-YAML draws it in via perl-YAML-LibYAML- since we have perl now anyways recommending vim is no problem anymore either
* Tue Jun 23 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Remove kdebase4-wallpapers from the kde pattern.
* Tue Jun 23 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Remove gnucash and gnucash-docs from the patterns due to space constraints on the DVD media.
* Mon Jun 22 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Drop gnome-do and hamster-applet from gnome_utilities pattern.
* Thu Jun 11 2015 lnusselAATTsuse.de- tweak minimal pattern to make it smaller again:
* omit kernel. In theory YaST will add it for real installations.
* don\'t install yast anymore. Should work in theory
* remove adjtimex, hopefully not used anymore
* remove SuSEfirewall2, needs full perl which is huge
* remove eject, ntfs-3g and ntp, sysfsutils not really needed
* remove release-notes-openSUSE, pulls in perl
* remove vim, needs full perl :-(
* require zypper instead of software stack pattern to avoid additional recommends
* blacklist perl, python-base and binutils to avoid recommended packages pulling them in
* Wed Jun 03 2015 tittiatcokeAATTgmail.com- Specifically obsolete the kdebase4-workspace-devel package by the kde_plasma pattern to prevent issues during an upgrade
* Tue May 05 2015 simonAATTsimotek.net- e17 pattern is now the enlightenment pattern and installs the latest enlightenment release rather then e17.- The enlightenment pattern now recommends the following useful applications Mozzila-Firefox desktop-data-openSUSE xdg-user-dir clementine vlc leafpad mupdf
* Thu Apr 30 2015 tittiatcokeAATTgmail.com- Add kdepim apps to the kde patterns.
* Tue Apr 28 2015 tittiatcokeAATTgmail.com- Fix some kde4 left over patterns
* Mon Apr 27 2015 tittiatcokeAATTgmail.com- The right package name is breeze and not breeze5 :(
* Fri Apr 24 2015 tittiatcokeAATTgmail.com- Correction of the KDE related patterns
* Ensure the right ones are required
* Renamed devel_frameworks to devel_kde_frameworks
* Thu Apr 23 2015 tittiatcokeAATTgmail.com- Update of all KDE related patterns
* Plasma 5 desktop is the new default
* _kde4_ patterns renamed to _kde_
* Dropped the obsolete patterns for plasma5
* A new devel patterns was added to pull in the KDE Frameworks development packages.
* Tue Apr 21 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Drop gstreamer-0_10 dependencies: this has not been maintained for a couple years - if packages still rely on it, they are required to ensure the presence on their own. No more help from the patterns.
* Wed Apr 08 2015 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org- Bump version number.
* Wed Apr 08 2015 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org- Do not make \"bootcycle\" part of any pattern, it has to be either dropped or fixed to work with grub2.
* Sun Mar 29 2015 trcsAATTgmx.com- Add some changes in LXDE\'s pattern to lighten the desktop, reduce the dependence on other desktops and improve user experience
* Removed duplicated Recommends: lxdm line
* Removed Suggests: moonlight-plugin
* Removed suggestion of libreoffice-gnome if arch is x86_64
* Recommend Atril instead of MuPDF
* Recommend HexChat instead of XChat
* Recommend lxpanel-plugin-power-manager
* Recommend Pidgin instead of Empathy
* Recommend pk-update-icon
* Sat Mar 28 2015 gberAATTopensuse.org- Replace rhythmbox with pragha as the default audio player for Xfce, see http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-xfce/2014-08/msg00000.html
* Sat Mar 14 2015 javierAATTopensuse.org- Replace tomcat6 with tomcat
* Sat Feb 07 2015 hrvoje.senjanAATTgmail.com- Add some new packages to plasma 5 pattern: konsole5, kwrite5, kmix5 (boo#907604), kcm-touchpad5
* Mon Jan 05 2015 lslezakAATTsuse.cz- Replace subversion by git in the devel_yast pattern (bnc#911635)
* Wed Dec 17 2014 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- gnome-icon-theme is deprecated in favor of adwaita-icon-theme (which we don\'t need to put in a pattern, as it\'s a dependency to a complete GTK+ 3.0 installation).
* Wed Dec 17 2014 mpluskalAATTsuse.com- Replace microcode_ctl with ucode-amd and ucode-intel
* Tue Dec 09 2014 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Reorder patterns in the Desktop Environment group: GNOME. KDE4, Plasma5, XFCE, LXDE, Enlightment, MATE, Fonts, X Windows System.
* Sun Nov 30 2014 p.drouandAATTgmail.com- Prefer gparted to gnome-disk-utility by default in Mate environment
* Wed Nov 26 2014 cooloAATTsuse.com- let\'s remove some devel patterns from DVD
* Sat Nov 22 2014 p.drouandAATTgmail.com- Add mate-polkit to mate-basis pattern; fix boo#905679
* Sat Nov 08 2014 p.drouandAATTgmail.com- Add gnome-main-menu to mate_basis pattern; fix boo#904096
* Wed Nov 05 2014 gberAATTopensuse.org- prefer the YaST Qt frontend in Xfce and LXDE as well since libyui-gtk and libyui-gtk-pkg are unmaintained and have been removed
* Fri Oct 17 2014 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Add adobe-source
* fonts to fonts_opt pattern (boo#901756).
* Tue Oct 14 2014 badshah400AATTgmail.com- Pattern sw_management_gnome: Add back gnome-software as recommended package- Pattern gnome_internet: Add NetworkManager-openconnect-gnome as recommended package (boo#900009).
* Mon Oct 13 2014 badshah400AATTgmail.com- Pattern gnome_utilities: Add gnome-weather as recommended package.