Changelog for postgresql-docs-7.3.8-1tr.i586.rpm
Thu Oct 28 12:00:00 2004 Erlend Midttun 7.3.8-tr
- New upstream.
Wed Sep 29 12:00:00 2004 Oystein Viggen
- Patch tempfile issue
Thu Aug 26 12:00:00 2004 Erlend Midttun 7.3.7-1tr
- New upstream which fixes possible data loss.
Thu Nov 6 11:00:00 2003 Chr. Toldnes 7.3.4-1tr
- New upstream version fixes buffer overflow.
Wed Jun 18 12:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 7.3.3-2tr
- Big rebuild
Tue Jun 10 12:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 7.3.3-1em
- New upstream.
- No longer delete postgreq user/group when uninstalling.
- Make initscript run initdb correctly.
Thu Jun 5 12:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 7.3.2-9em
- Try to resolve file conflicts.
Sat May 10 12:00:00 2003 Gerald Dachs 7.3.2-8gd
- moved /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf to package postgresql
Fri May 9 12:00:00 2003 Gerald Dachs 7.3.2-7gd
- changed /var/run/pgsql to /var/run/postgresql
- added config files so that postgresql starts out of the box
Sat May 3 12:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 7.3.2-6em
- Try to fix the /var/log/pgsql file to directory conversion again.
Sat Mar 29 11:00:00 2003 Christian H. Toldnes 7.3.2-5ct
- Added some Debian patches. This one needs _lots_ of testing now, also
we should add a initscript configfile which control what interfaces to bind
Fri Mar 28 11:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 7.3.2-4em
Fri Mar 28 11:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 7.3.2-3em
- Changed init script to hopefully work this time.
- Removed i18n stuff from init script and moved it into the rpm.
- Added logging.
Mon Mar 24 11:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 7.3.2-2em
- Rebuilt against glibc 2.3.2.
Thu Mar 13 11:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 7.3.2-1em
- Upgraded to 7.3.2.
- Threw out the C++ and the ODBC interfaces as they are no longer part
of the main PostgreSQL package.
Wed Jan 22 11:00:00 2003 Tor Hveem 7.2.2-7th
- fixed $INITLOCK
Fri Jan 17 11:00:00 2003 Gerald Dachs 7.2.2-6gd
- recompiled against openssl-0.9.7
Wed Dec 4 11:00:00 2002 Christian H. Toldnes 7.2.2-5ct
- postgresql initscript now follows policy.
Mon Nov 4 11:00:00 2002 Erlend Midttun 7.2.2-4em
- New bison.
Mon Sep 23 12:00:00 2002 Erlend Midttun 7.2.2-3em
- The file patch2 used to patch is dynamically generated. Therefore
the patch fails every now and again -> Making it a sed script instead.
Wed Sep 11 12:00:00 2002 Erlend Midttun 7.2.2-2em
- Fixed includes.
Wed Sep 4 12:00:00 2002 Erlend Midttun 7.2.2-1tr
- New upstream version, fixes four security holes. From the advisory:
- in handling long datetime input
- in repeat()
- in lpad() and rpad() with multibyte
- in SET TIME ZONE and TZ env var
Fri Aug 23 12:00:00 2002 Christian H. Toldnes 7.2.1-1ct
- New upstream version
- Major cleanup, but still a bit messy
- Built for TSL-2.0 on gcc-3.2
Mon Mar 18 11:00:00 2002 Christian H. Toldnes
- Added \" that arised when we added \"zlib >= 1.1.4\"
Fri Mar 15 11:00:00 2002 Christian H. Toldnes
- Package cleanup, new release to ensure restart due to broken zlib.
- Added Prereq zlib >= 1.1.4
Thu Jul 5 12:00:00 2001 Oystein Viggen
- Although we want it, we don\'t have python 2.0 yet.
Mon Jun 18 12:00:00 2001 Olaf Trygve Berglihn
- Added patch for python 2.0 support.
Mon Jun 18 12:00:00 2001 Oystein Viggen
- Fix problem with postgres account creation.
Mon Jun 11 12:00:00 2001 Oystein Viggen
- Snapshot for TSL
- Don\'t include tk and jdbc (java)
Sat Jun 9 12:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- Sync up with Trond\'s set.
Thu Jun 7 12:00:00 2001 Trond Eivind Glomsrød
- Don\'t create postgres\' .bashrc from the server post script: include it instead
- Move the test packages from /usr/share/pgsql to /usr/lib/pgsql
- Move the symlinks libpq.so, libecpg.so, libpq++.so and libpgeasy.so to the devel subpackage from
- Source the i18n data from the .bashrc instead of in the initscript
Mon May 28 12:00:00 2001 Trond Eivind Glomsrød
- Handle i18n for database startup - backend needs to have the same locale everytime,
but this certainly can\'t be hardcoded to C either
- Fix stop, restart in initscript (#42217)
- Make database init _much_ less verbose
- other minor fixes to the initscript
Fri May 25 12:00:00 2001 Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Thu May 24 12:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- 7.1.2-0.1.1.PGDG PRERELEASE
- Changed versioning and release numbering a little for better flexibility,
-- particularly for distribution packagers.
- Release numbering comment at top of spec, where it\'s more useful.
- Trimmed changelog to 7.1.x. See the last 7.0.3\'s specfile for the 7.0
-- changlog, and the last 6.5.3\'s specfile for the changelog prior to
Sun May 20 12:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- _really_ got Python version agnosticism working.
Sat May 19 12:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- 7.1.1-3.PGDG Release
- Python version agnosticism.....
Tue May 15 12:00:00 2001 Trond Eivind Glomsrød
- Use openssl
- Make it obsolete subpackages if they aren\'t built
Mon May 14 12:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- 7.1.1-2.PGDG Release.
- Appended .PGDG to release string to differentiate our RPM set from the others.
- /bin/sh fix in initscript
- README.rpm-dist updates.
Mon May 14 12:00:00 2001 Bernhard Rosenkraenzer 7.1.1-0.7
- Rebuild with new readline
Thu May 10 12:00:00 2001 Trond Eivind Glomsrød
- Initial 7.1.1
Mon May 7 12:00:00 2001 Trond Eivind Glomsrød
- Specify shell when running commands through su in the initscript, to avoid problems
when people switch the postgres user to use tcsh
Thu Apr 19 12:00:00 2001 Trond Eivind Glomsrød
- JDBC driver for Postgresql 7.1
Sun Apr 15 12:00:00 2001 Trond Eivind Glomsrød
- slightly different versioning scheming, will go back to the official
later when I\'m sure the package is ready to use
Fri Apr 13 12:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- 7.1 RELEASE
- 7.1-1 RPM RELEASE
- Change to COPTS -- strip out -ffastmath -- Considered Harmful.
- Back to old versioning scheme, kept teg\'s other fixes.
- README.rpm-dist updated.
- PGVERSION updated all-around (hopefully!)
- Couple of fixes from Peter E.
- Rearrange dependencies -- only the -libs subpackage is required for most stuff
- Removed broken and confusing logrotate script.
Mon Apr 9 12:00:00 2001 Trond Eivind Glomsrød
- chown considered harmful - removed
- fix dangling symlimks (pg_crc.c)
- libpq.so changes for maximum compatiblity
- different versioning scheme, to avoid trouble later
- remove temporary perl file from the file list
- fix spelling error in tcl description
- mark odbcinst.ini as a config file
- use %defattr on packages which didn\'t have it
Sat Apr 7 12:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- Integrated the PL/Perl stuff from Karl DeBisschop --conditional.
- Packaging reorg: added contrib and docs subpackages.
- Removed sgml source docs from main package --> docs subpackage.
- Removed contrib tree from main package --> contrib subpackage.
- Contrib tree is now prebuilt -- HOWEVER, very little install work is
-- currently done with this.
Fri Apr 6 12:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- Quickie RC3. There will be a 7.1RC3-2 shortly with other stuff.
Tue Apr 3 12:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- eliminate versioning information for ancilliary files in prep for CVS.
- Fix docs mixup.
Tue Mar 27 12:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- RC1 quickie.
Tue Mar 20 11:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- Beta 6 initial build.
- Use make install-all-headers instead of cpio hack for devel headers.
- Split out the libs into the libs subpackage.
- Updated initscript to use pg_ctl to stop
- Updated initscript to initdb and start postmaster with LC_ALL=C to
-- prevent index corruption.
Sun Jan 28 11:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- Return to \'pgsql\' directories instead of \'postgresql\'
- Better perl patches.
Mon Jan 15 11:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- Edit patches to get rid of some cruft.
- Eliminate some more pre-7.1 specfile baggage that is no longer necessary.
- Moved pg_id to server
- added Makefile.global and pg_config to devel
- Corrected /usr/include/pgsql to /usr/include/postgresql
- Fixed some configure options. Will be trying the configure macro next release
- Since it is terminally ill in this version pg_upgrade is _gone_.
- Thanks to Peter E for a good review.
Sun Jan 14 11:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- Running regression. 1 on the release-o-meter.
- Minor patches to get regression running right.
- Initscript tweaking -- the old test for a database structure fails with 7.1\'s new structure.
Sat Jan 13 11:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- Perl 5 needs to be built with PREFIX set on the Makefile, not GNUmakefile....
- The 7.1 build is different from the 7.0 build -- see the configure line.
- NOTE: many files that used to be in /usr/share/postgresql are now in /usr/share/postgresql!
- by request, conditional packages are now supported. See the top of the spec.
- Fixed the server postinstall problems.
Mon Jan 8 11:00:00 2001 Lamar Owen
- First 7.1 beta test-build