Changelog for bfsprogs-2.12b-2tr.i586.rpm
Thu Sep 15 14:00:00 2005 Bipin S 2.12b-2tr
- SECURITY FIX: unintentional grant of privileges by umount
- umount in util-linux allows local users with unmount permissions to gain privileges
via the -r (remount) option, which causes the file system to be remounted with just
the read-only flag, which effectively clears the nosuid, nodev, and other flags.
The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org)
has assigned the name CAN-2005-2876 to this issue.
Fri Sep 17 14:00:00 2004 Erlend Midttun 2.12b-1tr
- New upstream.
Mon Mar 15 13:00:00 2004 Chr. Toldnes 2.11x-10tr
- Removed patch that breaks rpc dependent mounting.
Wed Feb 4 13:00:00 2004 Oystein Viggen 2.11z-7tr
- Add selinux support for sunchild
Fri Dec 12 13:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 2.11z-6tr
- Big rebuild
Mon Jun 23 14:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 2.11z-5tr
- Added %defattr.
Wed Jun 18 14:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 2.11z-4tr
- Big rebuild
Fri Jun 13 14:00:00 2003 Roland Kruse 2.11z-3rk
- login: kill off login shell when killed (Patch6)
Mon May 26 14:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 2.11z-2em
- fileutils, textutils, sh-utils -> coreutils.
Fri May 23 14:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 2.11z-1em
- New upstream.
Wed Apr 23 14:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 2.11y-7em
- Wrong path on pam.d
Tue Apr 22 14:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 2.11y-6em
- Seems shadow-utils was somewhat broken, so we use login from here.
Mon Mar 24 13:00:00 2003 Erlend Midttun 2.11y-5em
- Rebuilt against glibc 2.3.2.
Wed Jan 8 13:00:00 2003 Goetz Bock 2.11y-4bg
- added crypto-loop patch
- changed requires kernel > ... to conflicts kernel < ...
Thu Dec 19 13:00:00 2002 Goetz Bock 2.11y-3bg
- removed NLS
- changed an info to a html page
Thu Dec 19 13:00:00 2002 Goetz Bock 2.11y-2bg
- cant count error
Thu Dec 19 13:00:00 2002 Goetz Bock 2.11y-1bg
- don\'t pack agetty manpage twice
- new upstream
- a lot of buildrequirements
- added the remaining tools
- seperated mkfs. utilities into progs
Mon Jul 22 14:00:00 2002 Nico Erfurth 2.11t-1ne
- Upgraded to 2.11t
- Moved the pam-files to shadow-utils
- Use mkfs.cramfs instead of mkcramfs
- Removed some patches, and rebuiled other ones
- Added agetty sub-package, we really should have a full featured
getty in tsl
- added pivot_root,mkfs.bfs,mkfs.cramfs,fsck.cramfs
Tue Jul 16 14:00:00 2002 Christian H. Toldnes 2.11f-10ct
- removed /bin/login, /usr/bin/chfn, /usr/bin/chsh, /usr/bin/newgrp, and
/usr/sbin/vipw with man pages, as these now are part of shadow-utils
according to LSB.
Wed Jul 3 14:00:00 2002 Nico Erfurth 2.11f-9ne
- Fixed a local build-problem (wrong patches in my SOURCE-dir)
Fri Jun 21 14:00:00 2002 Nico Erfurth 2.11f-8ne
- Added support for LargeFiles
- Removed some unneeded usages of $RPM_OPT_FLAGS
- Wiped the %ifarch-macros, we don\'t support other archs than x86
Mon Jun 3 14:00:00 2002 Gerald Dachs
- added mkcramfs, need by 2.4.x boot kernel
Wed Oct 17 14:00:00 2001 Christian H. Toldnes
- Fix login/pam problem
Wed Oct 3 14:00:00 2001 Christian H. Toldnes
- Fix a segfault problem when guessing wrong fs-type
Tue Jul 17 14:00:00 2001 Oystein Viggen
- Fix a problem with /etc/shadow modes using vipw
Thu Jun 28 14:00:00 2001 Oystein Viggen
- Hopefully fixed bug in login.c where tty was closed after fork()
Thu Jun 21 14:00:00 2001 Oystein Viggen
- New upstream version: 2.11f
- Add some previously excluded files
Tue Jun 5 14:00:00 2001 Erlend Midttun
- Updated to 2.11d.
Tue Mar 13 13:00:00 2001 Alexander Reelsen
- Picked up 2.10s
- Removed pam_console/kbdrate stuff
- Built mount/losetup out of this package
- Minor spec file cleanup
Wed Jan 26 13:00:00 2000 Erlend Midttun
- Added spesific Req\'s and disabled autoreq to avoid dependencies on packages
only needed for tests
Tue Jan 25 13:00:00 2000 Erlend Midttun
- Moved man and info pages to comply with FHS
Thu Jan 20 13:00:00 2000 Jeff Johnson
- strip newlines in logger input.
Mon Jan 10 13:00:00 2000 Jeff Johnson
- rebuild with correct ncurses libs.
Tue Dec 7 13:00:00 1999 Matt Wilson
- updated to util-linux 2.10c
- deprecated IMAP login mail notification patch17
- deprecated raw patch22
- depricated readprofile patch24
Tue Dec 7 13:00:00 1999 Bill Nottingham
- add patch for readprofile
Thu Nov 18 13:00:00 1999 Michael K. Johnson
- tunelp should come from util-linux
Tue Nov 9 13:00:00 1999 Jakub Jelinek
- kbdrate cannot use /dev/port on sparc.
Wed Nov 3 13:00:00 1999 Jakub Jelinek
- fix kbdrate on sparc.
Wed Oct 27 14:00:00 1999 Bill Nottingham
- ship hwclock on alpha.
Tue Oct 5 14:00:00 1999 Bill Nottingham
- don\'t ship symlinks to rdev if we don\'t ship rdev.
Tue Sep 7 14:00:00 1999 Cristian Gafton
- add rawIO support from sct
Mon Aug 30 14:00:00 1999 Preston Brown
- don\'t display \"new mail\" message when the only piece of mail is from IMAP
Fri Aug 27 14:00:00 1999 Michael K. Johnson
- kbdrate is now a console program
Thu Aug 26 14:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- hostid is now in sh-utils. On sparc, install hostid as sunhostid (#4581).
- update to 2.9w:
- Updated mount.8 (Yann Droneaud)
- Improved makefiles
- Fixed flaw in fdisk
Tue Aug 10 14:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- tsort is now in textutils.
Wed Aug 4 14:00:00 1999 Bill Nottingham
- turn off setuid bit on login. Again. :(
Tue Aug 3 14:00:00 1999 Peter Jones,
- hostid script for sparc (#3803).
Tue Aug 3 14:00:00 1999 Christian \'Dr. Disk\' Hechelmann
- added locale message catalogs to %file
- added patch for non-root build
- vigr.8 and /usr/lib/getopt man-page was missing from file list
- /etc/fdprm really is a config file
Fri Jul 23 14:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- update to 2.9v:
- cfdisk no longer believes the kernel\'s HDGETGEO
(and may be able to partition a 2 TB disk)
Fri Jul 16 14:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- update to 2.9u:
- Czech more.help and messages (Jiří Pavlovský)
- Japanese messages (Daisuke Yamashita)
- fdisk fix (Klaus G. Wagner)
- mount fix (Hirokazu Takahashi)
- agetty: enable hardware flow control (Thorsten Kranzkowski)
- minor cfdisk improvements
- fdisk no longer accepts a default device
- Makefile fix
Tue Jul 6 14:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- update to 2.9t:
- national language support for hwclock
- Japanese messages (both by Daisuke Yamashita)
- German messages and some misc i18n fixes (Elrond)
- Czech messages (Jiří Pavlovský)
- wall fixed for /dev/pts/xx ttys
- make last and wall use getutent() (Sascha Schumann)
[Maybe this is bad: last reading all of wtmp may be too slow.
Revert in case people complain.]
- documented UUID= and LABEL= in fstab.5
- added some partition types
- swapon: warn only if verbose
Fri Jun 25 14:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- update to 2.9s.
Sat May 29 14:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- fix mkswap sets incorrect bits on sparc64 (#3140).
Thu Apr 15 14:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- on sparc64 random ioctls on clock interface cause kernel messages.
Thu Apr 15 14:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- improved raid patch (H.J. Lu).
Wed Apr 14 14:00:00 1999 Michael K. Johnson
- added patch for smartraid controllers
Sat Apr 10 14:00:00 1999 Cristian Gafton
- fix logging problems caused by setproctitle and PAM interaction
Wed Mar 31 14:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- include docs and examples for sfdisk (#1164)
Mon Mar 29 14:00:00 1999 Matt Wilson
- rtc is not working properly on alpha, we can\'t use hwclock yet.
Fri Mar 26 13:00:00 1999 Cristian Gafton
- add patch to make mkswap more 64 bit friendly... Patch from
Thu Mar 25 13:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- include sfdisk (#1164)
- fix write (#1784)
- use positive logic in spec file (%ifarch rather than %ifnarch).
- (re)-use 1st matching utmp slot if search by mypid not found.
- update to 2.9o
- lastb wants bad logins in wtmp clone /var/run/btmp (#884)
Thu Mar 25 13:00:00 1999 Jakub Jelinek
- if hwclock is to be compiled on sparc,
it must actually work. Also, it should obsolete
clock, otherwise it clashes.
- limit the swap size in mkswap for 2.2.1+ kernels
by the actual maximum size kernel can handle.
- fix kbdrate on sparc, patch by J. S. Connell
Wed Mar 24 13:00:00 1999 Matt Wilson
- added pam_console back into pam.d/login
Tue Mar 23 13:00:00 1999 Matt Wilson
- updated to 2.9i
- added hwclock for sparcs and alpha
Mon Mar 22 13:00:00 1999 Erik Troan
- added vigr to file list
Sun Mar 21 13:00:00 1999 Cristian Gafton
- auto rebuild in the new build environment (release 12)
Thu Mar 18 13:00:00 1999 Cristian Gafton
- remove most of the ifnarch arm stuff
Mon Mar 15 13:00:00 1999 Michael Johnson
- added pam_console.so to /etc/pam.d/login
Thu Feb 4 13:00:00 1999 Michael K. Johnson
- .perms patch to login to make it retain root in parent process
for pam_close_session to work correctly
Tue Jan 12 13:00:00 1999 Jeff Johnson
- strip fdisk in buildroot correctly (#718)
Mon Jan 11 13:00:00 1999 Cristian Gafton
- have fdisk compiled on sparc and arm
Mon Jan 11 13:00:00 1999 Erik Troan
- added beos partition type to fdisk
Wed Dec 30 13:00:00 1998 Cristian Gafton
- incorporate fdisk on all arches
Sat Dec 5 13:00:00 1998 Jeff Johnson
- restore PAM functionality at end of login (Bug #201)
Thu Dec 3 13:00:00 1998 Cristian Gafton
- patch top build on the arm without PAM and related utilities, for now.
- build hwclock only on intel
Wed Nov 18 13:00:00 1998 Cristian Gafton
- upgraded to version 2.9
Thu Oct 29 13:00:00 1998 Bill Nottingham
- build for Raw Hide (slang-1.2.2)
- patch kbdrate wackiness so it builds with egcs
Tue Oct 13 14:00:00 1998 Erik Troan
- patched more to use termcap
Mon Oct 12 14:00:00 1998 Erik Troan
- added warning about alpha/bsd label starting cylinder
Mon Sep 21 14:00:00 1998 Erik Troan
- use sigsetjmp/siglongjmp in more rather then sig\'less versions
Fri Sep 11 14:00:00 1998 Jeff Johnson
- explicit attrs for setuid/setgid programs
Thu Aug 27 14:00:00 1998 Cristian Gafton
- sln is now included in glibc
Sun Aug 23 14:00:00 1998 Jeff Johnson
- add cbm1581 floppy definitions (problem #787)
Mon Jun 29 14:00:00 1998 Jeff Johnson
- remove /etc/nologin at end of shutdown/halt.
Fri Jun 19 14:00:00 1998 Jeff Johnson
- add mount/losetup.
Thu Jun 18 14:00:00 1998 Jeff Johnson
- update to 2.8 with 2.8b clean up. hostid now defunct?
Mon Jun 1 14:00:00 1998 David S. Miller
- \"more\" now works properly on sparc
Sat May 2 14:00:00 1998 Jeff Johnson
- Fix \"fdisk -l\" fault on mounted cdrom. (prob #513)
Fri Apr 24 14:00:00 1998 Prospector System
- translations modified for de, fr, tr
Sat Apr 11 14:00:00 1998 Cristian Gafton
- manhattan rebuild
Mon Dec 29 13:00:00 1997 Erik Troan
- more didn\'t suspend properly on glibc
- use proper tc
*() calls rather then ioctl\'s
Sun Dec 21 13:00:00 1997 Cristian Gafton
- fixed a security problem in chfn and chsh accepting too
long gecos fields
Fri Dec 19 13:00:00 1997 Mike Wangsmo
- removed \".\" from default path
Tue Dec 2 13:00:00 1997 Cristian Gafton
- added (again) the vipw patch
Wed Oct 22 14:00:00 1997 Michael Fulbright
- minor cleanups for glibc 2.1
Fri Oct 17 14:00:00 1997 Michael Fulbright
- added vfat32 filesystem type to list recognized by fdisk
Fri Oct 10 14:00:00 1997 Erik Troan
- don\'t build clock on the alpha
- don\'t install chkdupexe
Thu Oct 2 14:00:00 1997 Michael K. Johnson
- Update to new pam standard.
Thu Sep 25 14:00:00 1997 Cristian Gafton
- added rootok and setproctitle patches
- updated pam config files for chfn and chsh
Tue Sep 2 14:00:00 1997 Erik Troan
- updated MCONFIG to automatically determine the architecture
- added glibc header hacks to fdisk code
- rdev is only available on the intel
Fri Jul 18 14:00:00 1997 Erik Troan
- update to util-linux 2.7, fixed login problems
Wed Jun 25 14:00:00 1997 Erik Troan
- Merged Red Hat changes into main util-linux source, updated package to
development util-linux (nearly 2.7).
Tue Apr 22 14:00:00 1997 Michael K. Johnson
- LOG_AUTH --> LOG_AUTHPRIV in login and shutdown
Mon Mar 3 13:00:00 1997 Michael K. Johnson
- Moved to new pam and from pam.conf to pam.d
Tue Feb 25 13:00:00 1997 Michael K. Johnson
- pam.patch differentiated between different kinds of bad logins.
In particular, \"user does not exist\" and \"bad password\" were treated
differently. This was a minor security hole.