Changelog for zlib-devel-1.2.9-2.1.x86_64.rpm
Mon Jan 2 13:00:00 2017 mpluskalAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.2.9:
* Improve compress() and uncompress() to support large lengths
* Allow building zlib outside of the source directory
* Fix bug when level 0 used with Z_HUFFMAN or Z_RLE
* Fix bugs in creating a very large gzip header
* Add uncompress2() function, which returns the input size used
* Dramatically speed up deflation for level 0 (storing)
* Add gzfread() and gzfwrite(), duplicating the interfaces of fread() and fwrite()
* Add crc32_z() and adler32_z() functions with size_t lengths
* Many portability improvements
- Drop patches included in upstream:
- Drop zlib-1.2.7-improve-longest_match-performance.patch
* not accepted by upstream for two releases
* rebasing no longer possible
Sun Dec 4 13:00:00 2016 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Include fixes for bnc#1003580 bnc#1003579 bnc#1003577 bnc#1013882:
* zlib-bnc1003580.patch refreshed
* zlib-bnc1013882.patch CVE-2016-9843
Thu Sep 24 14:00:00 2015 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Trim descriptions to fit target audience. Update RPM group
Mon Jul 13 14:00:00 2015 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Require zlib-devel in zlib-devel-static to fix previous change
Tue Jun 30 14:00:00 2015 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Bring back zlib-devel-static. Needed by binutils
Wed Jun 24 14:00:00 2015 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Remove zlib-devel-static, nothing should use libz.a anyway.
- Package minizip library, everything using it should now pull
minizip-devel and unbundle it bnc#935864
Thu Sep 25 14:00:00 2014 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Install examples to cover another angle from bnc#890228
- Cleanup with spec-cleaner
Mon Jul 29 14:00:00 2013 mvyskocilAATTsuse.com
- zlib-format.patch, backport missing sle11 feature back to openSUSE
Sat May 11 14:00:00 2013 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.2.8
* Add new inflateGetDictionary() function
* Fix bug where gzopen() immediately followed by gzclose()
would write an empty file instead of an empty gzip stream.
* Fix bug in gzclose() when gzwrite() runs out of memory
Tue Mar 5 13:00:00 2013 mvyskocilAATTsuse.com
- libz1-32bit obsoletes zlib-32bit <= 1.2.7 (fixes bnc#806310)
Sat Dec 15 13:00:00 2012 schwabAATTlinux-m68k.org
- Add zlib-devel-static to baselibs.conf, needed for binutils testsuite
- Migrate zlib- to libz1-
Thu Nov 22 13:00:00 2012 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Replace %make_install by normal make install;
the former is a constant source of agony in older or non-SUSE.
Mon Oct 22 14:00:00 2012 cooloAATTsuse.com
- buildignore checks for now to get bootstrapping working
Mon Oct 15 14:00:00 2012 mvyskocilAATTsuse.com
- add longest_match performance patch (fate#314093)
* suggested by IBM, sent upstream
- rename the main library package to libz1 according Shared
- profiling build can be enabled via build --with profiling
- use the human-readable package description from zlib.net
- add rpmlintrc
Mon May 7 14:00:00 2012 joop.boonenAATTopensuse.org
- Update to 1.2.7
* Fix bug in gzclose_w() when gzwrite() fails to allocate memory
* Add \"x\" (O_EXCL) and \"e\" (O_CLOEXEC) modes support to gzopen()
* Add gzopen_w() in Windows for wide character path names
* Fix type mismatch between get_crc_table() and crc_table
- Passed the spec file through spec cleaner
Thu Feb 9 13:00:00 2012 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- Remove redundant tags/sections
Thu Dec 22 13:00:00 2011 meissnerAATTsuse.de
- use configure options for library paths. Also fixes
the pkg-config file to not have /usr/local bnc#738169
Wed Dec 7 13:00:00 2011 cooloAATTsuse.com
- zlib has it\'s own spdx license, so use it :)
Sat Nov 19 13:00:00 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- Do not include the codename in soversion.
Sat Nov 19 13:00:00 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- This is zlib 184.108.40.206 codename \"motley\"
- Fix bug and add consts in contrib/puff [Oberhumer]
- Fix static-only-build install in Makefile.in
- Add libz.a dependency to shared in Makefile.in for parallel builds
- Spell out \"number\" (instead of \"nb\") in zlib.h for total_in, total_out
- Fix bug in zlib.h for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS set and _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE not
- Add comment in zlib.h that adler32_combine with len2 < 0 makes no sense
- Make NO_DIVIDE option in adler32.c much faster (thanks to John Reiser)
- Fix zlib.h LFS support when Z_PREFIX used
- Avoid deflate sensitivity to volatile input data
- Avoid division in adler32_combine for NO_DIVIDE
- Clarify the use of Z_FINISH with deflateBound() amount of space
- Use u4 type for crc_table to avoid conversion warnings
- Apply casts in zlib.h to avoid conversion warnings
- Add OF to prototypes for adler32_combine_ and crc32_combine_ [Miller]
- Improve inflateSync() documentation to note indeterminancy
- Add deflatePending() function to return the amount of pending output
- Check that pointers fit in ints when gzprint() compiled old style
- Add dummy name before $(SHAREDLIBV) in Makefile [Bar-Lev, Bowler]
Sun Nov 13 13:00:00 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
-open file descriptors with O_CLOEXEC but only in the·
gzopen() case, not in gzdopen() as that would change
the calling application\' semantics.
It is responsability of the caller to ensure O_CLOEXEC is used
in such scenario.
Tue Oct 4 14:00:00 2011 uliAATTsuse.com
- cross-build fix: use %__cc macro (not %configure, this is not
Fri Aug 26 14:00:00 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- Use __attribute__ target in SSE optimized functions
so the compiler defines __MMX__ __SSE__ etc, this probably
only matters in 32 bit. what version to use is still
determined at runtime by cpuid.
Mon Jun 27 14:00:00 2011 dimstarAATTopensuse.org
- bnc#652333: Change LICENSE text to not have version, which
changes too often and invalidates the text everytime.
Mon May 30 14:00:00 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- Fix two bugs that will break ia64 systems only.
Fri May 27 14:00:00 2011 mvyskocilAATTsuse.cz
- fix bnc#679345: zlib segfaults when passing NULL to gzopen
* return NULL checks back to gz_open
Thu May 12 14:00:00 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- Update SSE patches, fixes bugs in PPC implementation
- X86 improvements.
Sat May 7 14:00:00 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- Update SSE2/MMX patches to their current version.
per request of the author.
* This are integrated now,including support for a number
of additional archs and fixes ARM patches bugs.
Mon Apr 18 14:00:00 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- Update SSE2/MMX patches tp version 3
now with comments,performance numbers,and ia64 support
Wed Mar 30 14:00:00 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- Update SSE2/MMX patches to version 2.
Tue Mar 15 13:00:00 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- Add highly experimental patches to use SSE2/SSSE3/MMX in zlib
this makes the library up to 6 times faster.
Sun Jan 9 13:00:00 2011 meissnerAATTsuse.de
- do not use compiler profile information, as the testsuite fails
when using it.
Tue Dec 21 13:00:00 2010 meissnerAATTsuse.de
- Add dependency to make it build in a parallel world.
Tue Dec 7 13:00:00 2010 cristian.rodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- use compiler profile information to make libz slightly faster.
Tue Sep 21 14:00:00 2010 dimstarAATTopensuse.org
- Simplified version of zlib-lfs.patch. Should also resolve issues
arising with various combination of LFS derinfes.
Tue Sep 14 14:00:00 2010 dimstarAATTopensuse.org
- Add zlib-lfs.patch: Fix Large File Support. Patch comes from the
Tue Aug 10 14:00:00 2010 dimstarAATTopensuse.org
- Update to version 1.2.5:
+ fixes bugs in gzseek() and gzeof()
- Changes from version 1.2.4:
+ Fixed bugs in adler32_combine(), compressBound(), and
+ Wholesale replacement of gz
* functions with faster versions
+ As part of that, added gzbuffer(), gzoffset(), gzclose_r(), and
+ Faster Z_HUFFMAN_ONLY and Z_RLE compression for images and
other specialized compression
+ Added flush options Z_BLOCK to deflate() and Z_TREES to
inflate() for finer control
+ Added inflateReset2() and inflateMark() functions, the latter
to aid in random access applications
+ Added LFS (Large File Summit) support for 64-bit file offsets
and many other portability improvements
+ Updated examples in examples/ and updated third-party
contributions in contrib/
- Drop obsolete patches:
- Rebased zlib-1.2.2-format.patch
- Clean spec file using spec-cleaner.
- BuildRequire to have proper pkgconfig() provides.
Mon Jun 28 14:00:00 2010 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- use %_smp_mflags
Sat Dec 12 13:00:00 2009 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- add baselibs.conf as a source
Tue Nov 24 13:00:00 2009 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- refresh patches with fuzz=0
Fri Apr 24 14:00:00 2009 msebenAATTsuse.cz
- added LICENSE file, for GPL licensed contrib files, however
they are not used to build our zlib library (bnc#490107)
- added zlib-1.2.3-686.patch - update license text (bnc#490107)
Sat Mar 21 13:00:00 2009 crrodriguezAATTsuse.de
- there is one valid use case of static zlib in \"qemu\" package
split a -devel-static subpackage, please do not BuildRequire
this package unless you are 100% sure you need it, if in doubt
mail either the security team or me.