Changelog for python3-pycurl-220.127.116.11-81.1.x86_64.rpm
Wed Feb 6 13:00:00 2019 alarrosaAATTsuse.com
- Set LANG to en_US.UTF8 to fix the tests
Wed Dec 19 13:00:00 2018 mceplAATTsuse.com
- Add missing setuptools BR
Fri Nov 2 13:00:00 2018 vcizekAATTsuse.com
- Don\'t run tests that fail randomly or under load
* add disable_randomly_failing_tests.patch
Thu Sep 6 14:00:00 2018 mceplAATTsuse.com
- Switch to multibuild, so that we don\'t need testing BuildRequires
Thu Aug 30 14:00:00 2018 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Add patch to match up Fedora on how we detect tls backend on runtime
Wed Aug 29 14:00:00 2018 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Make sure we build on Leap 42.3
Thu Aug 9 14:00:00 2018 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Start excluding flaky tests
Tue Jul 10 14:00:00 2018 mceplAATTsuse.com
- Update to 18.104.22.168:
* Added perform_rb and perform_rs methods to Curl objects to
return response body as byte string and string, respectively.
* Added OPT_COOKIELIST constant for consistency with other
* PycURL is now able to report errors triggered by libcurl
via CURLOPT_FAILONERROR mechanism when the error messages are
not decodable in Python\'s default encoding (GitHub issue #259).
* Added getinfo_raw method to Curl objects to return byte strings
as is from libcurl without attempting to decode them
(GitHub issue #493).
* When adding a Curl easy object to CurlMulti via add_handle,
the easy objects now have their reference counts increased so that
the application is no longer required to keep references to them
to keep them from being garbage collected (GitHub issue #171).
* PycURL easy, multi and share objects can now be weak referenced.
* set_ca_certs now accepts byte strings as it should have been
* Use OpenSSL 1.1 and 1.0 specific APIs for controlling thread locks
depending on OpenSSL version (patch by Vitaly Murashev).
* Fixed a crash when closesocket callback failed (patch by
Gisle Vanem and toddrme2178).
* Added CURLOPT_PROXY_SSLCERT, CURLOPT_PROXY_SSLCERTTYPE,
CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYPEER (libcurl 7.52.0+,
patch by Casey Miller).
* Added CURLOPT_PRE_PROXY (libcurl 7.52.0+, patch by ziggy).
* Added SOCKET_BAD constant and it is now recognized as a valid
return value from OPENSOCKET callback.
Fri Feb 2 13:00:00 2018 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Disable tests on arm platforms as they are very flaky there,
on multiple runs always different failures
Fri Feb 2 13:00:00 2018 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Disable strict aliasing as reported by the rpm checks
Tue Jan 30 13:00:00 2018 vcizekAATTsuse.com
- Since version 7.58.0, curl may be compiled with libssh instead of
libssh2 which differ in supported functionality (bsc#1078329)
* add pycurl-libssh.patch
- update license
Fri Dec 8 13:00:00 2017 arunAATTgmx.de
- refreshed patch increase_test_timeout.diff (updated line number)
- removed patch pycurl-no-runtime-curlvercheck.patch (included upstream)
- update to version 22.214.171.124:
* This release collects fixes and improvements made over the past
two years,notably updating Windows dependencies to address DNS
resolution andTLS connection issues.
Tue Aug 8 14:00:00 2017 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com
- Cleanup Requires and BuildRequires
Wed Jun 21 14:00:00 2017 alarrosaAATTsuse.com
- Add increase_test_timeout.diff so tests don\'t fail when obs is
overloaded and it takes more than 1 second to start a service.
Thu Jun 8 14:00:00 2017 lnusselAATTsuse.de
- exclude http2 and ssh tests if curl(-mini) doesn\'t support it
Tue Dec 20 13:00:00 2016 jmatejekAATTsuse.com
- update for multipython build
- merge python3 project
- update and apply pycurl-no-runtime-curlvercheck.patch
- run test suite
- single doc package for all pythons
Sat Feb 6 13:00:00 2016 arunAATTgmx.de
- update to version 7.43.0:
* Highlights of this release:
+ Binary wheels are now built for Windows systems.
+ setopt_string method added to Curl objects to permit setting
string libcurl options that PycURL does not know about.
+ curl module can now be imported on Windows again.
+ OPENSOCKETFUNCTION callback is now invoked with the address as
bytes on Python 3 as was documented.
+ Support for many libcurl options and constants was added.
Sat Jan 30 13:00:00 2016 arunAATTgmx.de
* update copyright year
* update patch
- update to version 7.21.5:
* Highlights of this release:
+ Socket callbacks are now fully implemented
\"CURLOPT_CLOSESOCKETFUNCTION\"). Unfortunately this required
changing \"OPENSOCKETFUNCTION\" API once again in a
backwards-incompatible manner. Support for \"SOCKOPTFUNCTION\" and
\"CLOSESOCKETFUNCTION\" was added in this
release. \"OPENSOCKETFUNCTION\" now supports Unix sockets.
+ Many other libcurl options and constants have been added to
+ When \"pycurl\" module initialization fails, \"ImportError\" is
raised instead of a fatal error terminating the process.
+ Usability of official Windows builds has been greatly improved
Tue Nov 3 13:00:00 2015 arunAATTgmx.de
- update to version 126.96.36.199:
* python and nosetests binaries can now be overridden when running
the test suite (patch by Kamil Dudka).
* Files needed to run the test suite are distributed in sdist
(patch by Kamil Dudka).
Mon Nov 2 13:00:00 2015 arunAATTgmx.de
- update to version 188.8.131.52:
* C sources made 64-bit clean on Windows.
* Support for building against Python 3.5 added to winbuild.py.
* Fixed build on Windows when using MS SDK 8.1+ or MSVC 14/2015
(patch by Gisle Vanem).
* Added automatic SSL library detection on CentOS 6 by loading
libcurl shared library in setup.py. This automatic detection is
meant to permit installing pycurl seamlessly via `pip install pycurl`
on CentOS; as such, it is only employed when no other configuration
options or configuration environment variables are given to setup.py
(original patch by Francisco Alves).
* Added --libcurl-dll option to setup.py to take SSL library
information out of libcurl shared library (original patch by
Francisco Alves). This option is only usable
with Python 2.5 or higher.
* --with-ssl, --with-gnutls and --with-nss options to setup.py now
result in PycURL explicitly linking against the respective SSL
library. Previously setup.py relied on curl-config to supply the
needed libraries in this case.
* List and tuples are now accepted in all positions of HTTPPOST
* Tuples are now accepted for options taking list values (e.g.
* Fixed a use after free in HTTPPOST when using FORM_BUFFERPTR with
a Unicode string (patch by Clint Clayton).
* Fixed a memory leak in HTTPPOST for multiple FORM_BUFFERPTR
(patch by Clint Clayton).
* option constants were mistakenly defined on Curl
instances but not on CurlMulti instances. These option constants
are now defined on CurlMulti instances and on pycurl module,
but not on Curl instances.
* Fixed several memory leaks when setting string options to
Unicode values failed.
* Fixed a memory leak when using POSTFIELDS with unicode objects
on Python 2 (patch by Clint Clayton).
* Official support for Python 2.4 and 2.5 dropped. PycURL is no
longer tested against these Python versions on Travis.
* Added CURLAUTH_NEGOTIATE (libcurl 7.38.0+), CURLAUTH_NTLM_WB
(libcurl 7.22.0+), CURLAUTH_ONLY (libcurl 7.21.3+),
* Added CURLOPT_SERVICE_NAME (libcurl 7.43.0+).
* Added CURLOPT_PROXY_SERVICE_NAME (libcurl 7.43.0+).
* Added CURLE_SSL_CRL_BADFILE, CURLE_SSL_INVALIDCERTSTATUS
(libcurl 7.41.0+), CURLE_SSL_ISSUER_ERROR and
CURLE_SSL_PINNEDPUBKEYNOTMATCH (libcurl 7.39.0+).
* Added CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYSTATUS (libcurl 7.41.0+).
* Added CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1_0, CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1_1
and CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1_2 (libcurl 7.34.0+).
* The second argument of DEBUGFUNCTION callback is now of type bytes on
Python 3. When response body contains non-ASCII data and
DEBUGFUNCTION is enabled, this argument would receive non-ASCII data.
Which encoding this data is in is unknown by PycURL, and e.g. in
the case of HTTP requires parsing response headers. GitHub issue
[#210], patch by Barry Warsaw with help from Gregory Petukhov.
* Fixed build on GCC 4.4.5 (patch by Travis Jensen).
* Added CURLOPT_GSSAPI_DELEGATION, CURLGSSAPI_DELEGATION_FLAG,
CURLGSSAPI_DELEGATION_NONE and CURLGSSAPI_DELEGATION_POLICY_FLAG
(libcurl 7.22.0+, patch by Dmitry Ketov).
Wed Mar 25 13:00:00 2015 mciharAATTsuse.cz
- Run testsuite during build
Wed Mar 25 13:00:00 2015 mciharAATTsuse.cz
- Update to 184.108.40.206:
* Added CURLPROXY_SOCKS4A and CURLPROXY_SOCKS5_HOSTNAME.
* setup.py now prints PycURL-specific option help when -h is used.
* LibreSSL is now supported (patch by JiCiT.)
* Fixed an oversight that broke PycURL building against libcurl 7.19.4
through 7.21.1. The bug was introduced in PycURL 7.19.5.
* Tests are now included in source distributions again, thanks to
Kamil Dudka and Johan Bergstroem.
* Added CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM and CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT (libcurl 7.20.0+)
and CURLOPT_MAIL_AUTH (libcurl 7.25.0+).
* Tests removed from source and binary distributions.
* Documentation greatly improved. Quickstart guide added.
* pycurl.Curl, pycurl.CurlMulti and pycurl.CurlShare are now classes
rather than factory functions. Previously, the classes were \"hidden\"
(they were accessible as e.g. type(pycurl.Curl()), but could not be
instantiated, nor could class methods be obtained from the classes.
Please see this mailing list post for further information:
* When passing a file-like object to READDATA option, PycURL was
mistakenly looking for write method on this object. Now read method
is looked up, as would be expected.
* Python 3.4 is now officially supported.
* Windows packages now build libcurl against zlib.
* CherryPy is no longer required for the test suite, ssl module from
the Python standard library is used instead.
* Fixed a reference leak of SOCKET and TIMER callbacks on
CurlMulti instances, thanks to Ben Darnell.
* Fixed build against openssl on cygwin, where pycurl needs to link
against libcrypto rather than libssl.
* Added CURLOPT_SSH_KNOWNHOSTS (libcurl 7.19.6+).
* Added CURLE_FTP_ACCEPT_FAILED (libcurl 7.24.0+).
Mon May 26 14:00:00 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Removed part of patch that breaks now necessary things:
- Specify ssl type since it is not automatically detected.
Wed May 21 14:00:00 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Removed patch specific to python3-pycurl: pycurl-python3.patch
- Rebase patch: pycurl-no-runtime-curlvercheck.patch
Tue May 20 14:00:00 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Update to version 220.127.116.11
* Added --avoid-stdio setup.py option to avoid passing FILE
pointers from Python to libcurl. Applies to Python 2 only.
* Added CURLMOPT_CHUNK_LENGTH_PENALTY_SIZE,
multi options (patch by Jakob Truelsen).
* SSL detection logic changed to consult `curl-config --static-libs`
even if `curl-config --libs` succeeded. This should achieve
pre-7.19.3 behavior with respect to automatic SSL detection
(patch by Andjelko Horvat).
- Update to version 7.19.3
* Added CURLOPT_NOPROXY.
* Added CURLINFO_LOCAL_PORT, CURLINFO_PRIMARY_PORT and
CURLINFO_LOCAL_IP (patch by Adam Jacob Muller).
* When running on Python 2.x, for compatibility with Python 3.x,
Unicode strings containing ASCII code points only are now accepted
in setopt() calls.
* PycURL now requires that compile time SSL backend used by libcurl
is the same as the one used at runtime. setup.py supports
- -with-ssl, --with-gnutls and --with-nss options like libcurl does,
to specify which backend libcurl uses. On some systems PycURL can
automatically figure out libcurl\'s backend.
If the backend is not one for which PycURL provides crypto locks
(i.e., any of the other backends supported by libcurl),
no runtime SSL backend check is performed.
* Default PycURL user agent string is now built at runtime, and will
include the user agent string of libcurl loaded at runtime rather
than the one present at compile time.
* PycURL will now use WSAduplicateSocket rather than dup on Windows
to duplicate sockets obtained from OPENSOCKETFUNCTION.
Using dup may have caused crashes, OPENSOCKETFUNCTION should
now be usable on Windows.
* A new script, winbuild.py, was added to build PycURL on Windows
against Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2 and 3.3.
* Added CURL_LOCK_DATA_SSL_SESSION (patch by Tom Pierce).
* Added E_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT (patch by Romuald Brunet).
* setup.py now handles --help argument and will print PycURL-specific
configuration options in addition to distutils help.
* Windows build configuration has been redone:
PYCURL_USE_LIBCURL_DLL #define is gone, use --use-libcurl-dll
argument to setup.py to build against a libcurl DLL.
CURL_STATICLIB is now #defined only when --use-libcurl-dll is not
given to setup.py, and PycURL is built against libcurl statically.
- -libcurl-lib-name option can be used to override libcurl import
* Added CURLAUTH_DIGEST_IE as pycurl.HTTPAUTH_DIGEST_IE.
* Added CURLOPT_POSTREDIR option and CURL_REDIR_POST_301,
CURL_REDIR_POST_302, CURL_REDIR_POST_303 and CURL_REDIR_POST_ALL
constants. CURL_REDIR_POST_303 requires libcurl 7.26.0 or higher,
all others require libcurl 7.19.1 or higher.
* PycURL now supports Python 3.1 through 3.3. Python 3.0 might
work but it appears to ship with broken distutils, making virtualenv
not function on it.
* PycURL multi objects now have the multi constants defined on them.
Previously the constants were only available on pycurl module.
The new behavior matches that of curl and share objects.
* PycURL share objects can now be closed via the close() method.
* PycURL will no longer call `curl-config --static-libs` if
`curl-config --libs` succeeds and returns output.
Systems on which neither `curl-config --libs` nor
`curl-config --static-libs` do the right thing should provide
a `curl-config` wrapper that is sane.
* Added CURLFORM_BUFFER and CURLFORM_BUFFERPTR.
* pycurl.version and user agent string now include both
PycURL version and libcurl version as separate items.
* Added CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS.
* PycURL can now be dynamically linked against libcurl on Windows
if PYCURL_USE_LIBCURL_DLL is #defined during compilation.
* Breaking change: opensocket callback now takes an additional
(address, port) tuple argument. Existing callbacks will need to
be modified to accept this new argument.
- Update to version 18.104.22.168
* Re-release of 22.214.171.124 with minor changes to build Windows packages
due to botched 126.96.36.199 files on PyPi.
- Update to version 188.8.131.52 [requires libcurl-7.19.0 or better] - 2013-10-08
* Fixed a bug in a commit made in 2008 but not released until 184.108.40.206
which caused CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS to not correctly increment reference
count of the object being given as its argument, despite libcurl not
copying the data provided by said object.
* Added support for libcurl pause/unpause functionality,
via curl_easy_pause call and returning READFUNC_PAUSE from
read callback function.
- Update to version 220.127.116.11 [requires libcurl-7.19.0 or better] - 2013-09-23
* Test matrix tool added to test against all supported Python and
* Python 2.4 is now the minimum required version.
* Source code, bugs and patches are now kept on GitHub.
* Added CURLINFO_CERTINFO and CURLOPT_CERTINFO.
* Added CURLOPT_RESOLVE.
* PycURL can now be used with Python binaries without thread
* gcrypt is no longer initialized when a newer version of gnutls
* Marked NSS as supported.
* Fixed relative URL request logic.
* Fixed a memory leak in util_curl_init.
* Added CURLOPT_USERNAME and CURLOPT_PASSWORD.
* Fixed handling of big timeout values.
* Added GLOBAL_ACK_EINTR.
* setopt(..., None) can be used as unsetopt().
* CURLOPT_RANGE can now be unset.
* Write callback can return -1 to signal user abort.
* Reorganized tests into an automated test suite.
* Added CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION and CURLOPT_SEEKDATA.
* Cleaned up website.
* Fix pycurl.reset() (patch by ).
* Fix install routine in setup.py where
certain platforms (Solaris, Mac OSX, etc)
would search for a static copy of libcurl (dbp).
* Fixed build on OpenSolaris 0906 and other platforms on which
curl-config does not have a --static-libs option.
* No longer keep string options copies in the
Curl Python objects, since string options are
now managed by libcurl.
- Add additional dependencies
- Remove no longer necessary patch:
Fri Aug 30 14:00:00 2013 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- remove runtime curl version check and __DATE__ __TIME__ usage
Fri Apr 5 14:00:00 2013 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Add Source URL, see https://en.opensuse.org/SourceUrls
Sat Apr 28 14:00:00 2012 highwaystar.ruAATTgmail.com
- added python3 package
- spec file slighly cleaned (old buildroot macro replaced)
Thu Jan 12 13:00:00 2012 cooloAATTsuse.com
- change license to be in spdx.org format
Tue Sep 20 14:00:00 2011 saschpeAATTsuse.de
- Renamed package to \'python-pycurl\' to match upstream name
- Removed authors from description
Wed Feb 10 13:00:00 2010 jfunkAATTfunktronics.ca
- Update to 7.19.0:
* Added CURLFILE, ADDRESS_SCOPE and ISSUERCERT options,
as well as the APPCONNECT_TIME info.
* Added PRIMARY_IP info (patch by
Yuhui H ).
* Added support for curl_easy_reset through a
new \'reset\' method on curl objects
(patch by Nick Pilon ).
* Added support for OPENSOCKET callbacks.
See \'tests/test_opensocket.py\' for example
usage (patch by Thomas Hunger ).
- Version 7.18.2:
* Added REDIRECT_URL info and M_MAXCONNECTS option
(patch by Yuhui H ).
* Added socket_action() method to CurlMulti objects.
See \'tests/test_multi_socket_select.py\' for example
usage (patch by Yuhui H ).
* Added AUTOREFERER option.
* Allow resetting some list operations (HTTPHEADER,
QUOTE, POSTQUOTE, PREQUOTE) by passing an empty
list to setopt (patch by Jim Patterson).
- Split off doc subpackage