Changelog for libparted0-3.2-22.2.x86_64.rpm
* Tue Feb 20 2018 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- libparted: Canonicalize /dev/md/ paths (bsc#1078820) - add: libparted-canonicalize-dev-md-paths.patch - add: tests-add-helper-require_swap_.patch - add: tests-add-dev-md-check-to-t6100.patch
* Mon Feb 19 2018 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- libparted: Fix partition device naming for all devices (bsc#1078820, bsc#1081547) - The \"_part%d\" suffix which has been used for SLE10 compatibility is wrong now as the kernel does not use that any more and uses \"p%d\" instead. - amend: libparted-partition-naming.patch - refresh: libparted-fix-nvme-partition-naming.patch - refresh: libparted-fix-NVDIMM-partition-naming.patch
* Fri Jan 26 2018 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- libparted: dasd: Use BLKRRPART only when needed (bsc#1065197, bsc#1067435) - add: libparted-use-BLKRRPART-only-when-needed.patch
* Fri Dec 22 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Amend patch headers (no functional change)
* Tue Dec 19 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- fatresize: Fix getting the device name from partition name (boo#959181) - add: fatresize-fix-getting-dev-name.patch
* Tue Nov 21 2017 sebastian.parschauerAATTsuse.com- Fix the resizepart and rm command (bsc#1058667) - fix asking for the partition end for resizepart in interactive mode when the partition is busy - allow resizepart shrinking and rm of busy partitions in script mode by adding the --ignore-busy option - allow growing busy partitions in script mode by default - print a warning when shrinking a non-busy partition in script mode - fix help text printing of long options without short option - remove: parted-do-not-warn-when-shrinking-in-script-mode.patch - add: parted-add-ignore-busy-option.patch - add: parted-fix-resizepart-and-rm-command.patch
* Mon Nov 13 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Escape printed device path in machine mode (bsc#1066467) - add: parted-escape-printed-device-path.patch
* Mon Oct 23 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Add support for NVDIMM devices (bsc#1064446) - add: libparted-Add-support-for-NVDIMM-devices.patch - add: libparted-fix-NVDIMM-partition-naming.patch)
* Wed Sep 20 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Prepare to fix the resizepart command (bsc#1058667) - add: libparted-BLKPG_RESIZE_PARTITION-uses-bytes.patch - add: libparted-fix-udev-cookie-leak.patch - add: tests-check-extended-partition-length.patch
* Wed Sep 13 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Make SUSE parted pass all tests in upstream test suite - add: tests-set-optimal-blocks-for-scsi_debug.patch - add: tests-increase-scsi_debug-tmo.patch - add: tests-use-wait_for_dev_to_-functions.patch - add: tests-wait_for_-loop.patch - add: tests-update-t0220-t0280-for-swap-flag.patch - add: tests-adapt-to-SUSE.patch
* Wed Sep 13 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Fix partition naming for dm devices not ending in a digit and also fix resizing of dm partitions (bsc#1056508) - amend: libparted-partition-naming.patch
* Thu Aug 24 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Drop using deprecated configure option \"--disable-Werror\"- Drop (SUSE specific) support for hybrid pMBR (gpt_sync_mbr label) (fate#317849, bsc#1041322) - remove: parted-gpt-mbr-sync.patch - remove: libparted-ppc-prepboot-in-syncmbr.patch - remove: parted-workaround-windows7-gpt-implementation.patch - refresh patches- libparted: Fix starting CHS in protective MBR (bsc#969165) - add: libparted-fix-starting-CHS-in-protective-MBR.patch
* Tue Aug 15 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Fix s390x --wipesignatures regression caused by fate#320525 (bsc#1047031) - amend: parted-implement-wipesignatures-option.patch - refresh: 0002-dasd-enhance-device-probing.patch
* Fri Aug 11 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Amend parsing of empty GPT partition names to require quoted empty strings \'\"\"\' or \"\'\'\" (bsc#1023818, boo#1032562) - amend: parted-mkpart-allow-empty-gpt-part-name.patch
* Thu Aug 10 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- parted: mkpart: Allow empty string \"\" for the GPT partition name in script mode (bsc#1023818, boo#1032562) - add: parted-mkpart-allow-empty-gpt-part-name.patch
* Thu Jun 15 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Add a swap flag for dasd/gpt and handle it like gdisk/fdasd (bsc#1044536, fate#314888) - add: parted-mkpart-set-a-swap-flag-if-available.patch - add: libparted-set-swap-flag-on-GPT-partitions.patch - add: libparted-dasd-add-swap-flag-handling-for-DASD-CDL.patch
* Wed May 24 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Fix printing DASD/CDL partition flags \"lvm\" and \"raid\" (bsc#1040163, fate#314888) - add: libparted-dasd-improve-lvm-raid-flag-handling.patch
* Tue May 16 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Enhance fdasd detection and probing (bsc#935127, fate#320525) - add: 0001-fdasd-geometry-handling-updated-from-upstream-s390-t.patch - add: 0002-dasd-enhance-device-probing.patch - add: 0003-parted-fix-build-error-on-s390.patch - add: 0004-fdasd.c-Safeguard-against-geometry-misprobing.patch - add: 0005-libparted-Remove-fdasd-geometry-code-from-alloc_meta.patch - refresh: libparted-dasd-update-and-improve-fdasd-functions.patch - refresh: libparted-dasd-add-new-fdasd-functions.patch
* Thu May 11 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Add support for RAM drives for not erasing them when printing their partitions (bsc#1006834) - add: libparted-Add-support-for-RAM-drives.patch
* Tue May 02 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Use latest fdasd/vtoc code base from s390-tools (fate#321531) - add: libparted-dasd-unify-vtoc-handling-for-cdl-ldl.patch - add: libparted-dasd-update-and-improve-fdasd-functions.patch - add: libparted-dasd-add-new-fdasd-functions.patch
* Thu Apr 27 2017 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- libparted: Don\'t warn if the HDIO_GET_IDENTITY ioctl isn\'t supported (bsc#964012, bsc#1001967) - add: libparted-dont-warn-if-no-HDIO_GET_IDENTITY.patch- Amend patch description: - libparted-open-the-device-RO-and-lazily-switch-to-RW.patch
* Tue Aug 09 2016 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Sync with SLES-12 SP2 for bsc#979275 - amend: libparted-open-the-device-RO-and-lazily-switch-to-RW.patch
* Tue Aug 09 2016 sparschauerAATTsuse.de- Correctly flush caches before reading from the device (bsc#989751) - amend: libparted-open-the-device-RO-and-lazily-switch-to-RW.patch - refresh: libparted-Add-support-for-NVMe-devices.patch
* Sat Jun 18 2016 jengelhAATTinai.de- install_info should run in %preun; otherwise the files to operate are gone already.- Drop with-pic: only useful for static libs (which are not built)
* Tue Jun 14 2016 puzelAATTsuse.com- Detect NVMe devices and fix the nvme partition naming scheme (bsc#982169) - libparted-Add-support-for-NVMe-devices.patch - libparted-fix-nvme-partition-naming.patch
* Thu May 26 2016 puzelAATTsuse.com- Update parted-implement-wipesignatures-option.patch: - Move functionality to libparted (bsc#980834)- libparted: open the device RO and lazily switch to RW only if necessary (bsc#979275) - libparted-open-the-device-RO-and-lazily-switch-to-RW.patch
* Wed May 18 2016 puzelAATTsuse.com- implement --wipesignatures option (bsc#943623, fate#319893) - parted-implement-wipesignatures-option.patch
* Fri Mar 11 2016 puzelAATTsuse.com- libparted: Use read only when probing devices on linux - libparted-Use-read-only-when-probing-devices-on-linu.patch (bsc#967375)
* Thu Sep 10 2015 fvogtAATTsuse.com- Update parted-gpt-mbr-sync.patch to fix bsc#945068 Basically just a copy of gpt_alloc with minor modifications now
* Tue May 26 2015 puzelAATTsuse.com- Remove \'udevadm\' from Requires; parted no longer calls \'udevadm settle\'
* Thu May 21 2015 puzelAATTsuse.com- Add note to specfile to remove parted-resize-alias-to-resizepart.patch compatibility patch once bnc#931765 is resolved.
* Tue May 05 2015 puzelAATTsuse.com- Do not warn about shrinking a partition if script mode is used (bnc#929189) - add: parted-do-not-warn-when-shrinking-in-script-mode.patch
* Wed Feb 11 2015 puzelAATTsuse.com- Update to parted-3.2; Notable changes: - Added new partition type flag, esp, to set the type to 0xEF on MS-DOS. Also aliased to boot on GPT to set the UEFI ESP GUID. - You can now choose to ignore errors about partitions that overlap, or are longer than the disk. This allows you to use parted to repair the problem. - When attempting to manipulate a mounted partition, parted now issues a warning that you can choose to ignore, instead of an error. - When creating a loop label, it automatically comes with a partition using the whole disk. - parted -l no longer lists device-mapper devices other than dmraid whole disks. - Added new Linux-specific partition GUID type code (0FC63DAF-8483-4772-8E79-3D69D8477DE4) for Linux filesystem data on GPT disks. This type code is now assigned as the default partition type code for new partitions holding Linux filesystems. - Added new \"msftdata\" flag to identify partitions holding NTFS or FAT filesystems on GPT disks. This flag corresponds to a GPT type code of EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7 (\"Microsoft Basic Data\"). Since Linux filesystem partitions formerly used this type code, this flag may optionally be set on Linux partitions to make the partition table type codes match former configurations in case the new Linux filesystem type code causes problems with some utility. Note that this flag cannot be removed from NTFS or FAT partitions within parted except by setting a competing flag, such as \"boot\" (which sets the type code used by EFI System partitions) or \"msftres\" (which sets the \"Microsoft Reserved\" type code). - Many bugfixes (see /usr/share/doc/packages/parted/NEWS)- merge parted-fix-cciss-partition-naming.patch, libparted-fix-mmcblk-partition-name.patch, fix-dm-partition-name.patch into libparted-partition-naming.patch- Add parted-resize-alias-to-resizepart.patch- Add libparted-avoid-libdevice-mapper-warnings.patch- drop patches (in upstream): - fix-error-informing-the-kernel.patch - Fix-help-text-for-disk_-set-toggle.patch - libparted-Avoid-dasd-as-default-disk-type-while-probe.patch - libparted-add-support-for-EAV-DASD-partitions.patch - libparted-add-support-for-implicit-FBA-DASD-partition.patch - libparted-copy-pmbr_boot-when-duplicating-GPT-disk.patch - libparted-initialize-dasd-part-type.patch - libparted-mklabel-to-support-EAV-DASD.patch - libparted-mklabel-to-support-EDEV-DASD.patch - parted-Add-Intel-Rapid-Start-Technology-partition.patch - parted-GPT-add-support-for-PReP-GUID.patch - parted-btrfs-support.patch - parted-resize-command.patch- drop do-not-create-dm-nodes.patch: Not needed anymore since parted DM handling has been reworked.- modified more-reliable-informing-the-kernel.patch: No longer call \'udevadm settle\' as it was causing issues.- add patches from upstream (post-3.2): - lib-fs-resize-prevent-crash-resizing-FAT16.patch - libparted-device-mapper-uses-512b-sectors.patch - parted-dont-crash-in-disk_set-when-disk-label-not-found.patch- refresh patches
* Fri Nov 14 2014 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- No longer perform gpg validation; osc source_validator does it implicit: + Drop gpg-offline BuildRequires. + No longer execute gpg_verify.
* Thu Sep 11 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- Add an \"implicit_partition_table\" disk flag to mark FBA DASD disks with fake partition (bnc#894585) - libparted-dasd-implicit-partition-disk-flag.patch- refresh following patches to fix build: - parted-type.patch - parted-mac.patch - parted-Add-Intel-Rapid-Start-Technology-partition.patch
* Sat Sep 06 2014 andreas.stiegerAATTgmx.de- Keyring contained no less than 374 public keys. Replace with project members only keyring from project page.
* Mon Aug 18 2014 fcrozatAATTsuse.com- Add obsoletes/provides to baselibs.conf.
* Fri Jul 25 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- Fix a bug where cylinders can be treated by parted as exact location, which prevents it from adjusting partition/start end. (bnc#880369) - libparted-make-sure-not-to-treat-percentages-and-cyls-as-exact.patch
* Fri Jul 18 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- Make informing the kernel by BLKRRPART (specific to s390) more robust by sleeping between every retry and by placing exclusive file lock on the blockdevice (bnc#886005) - libparted-make-BLKRRPART-more-robust.patch
* Wed Jul 16 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- Improve DASD label handling; backport following patches from upstream (bnc#887333): - libparted-add-support-for-implicit-FBA-DASD-partition.patch - libparted-add-support-for-EAV-DASD-partitions.patch - libparted-mklabel-to-support-EAV-DASD.patch - libparted-Avoid-dasd-as-default-disk-type-while-probe.patch - libparted-mklabel-to-support-EDEV-DASD.patch
* Thu May 29 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- Allow bigger snap radius if cylinders are used as units (bnc#879387): - add: libparted-allow-bigger-snap-radius-if-cylinders-are-used.patch
* Tue May 20 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- Fix the help text to show
* flags instead of partition flags (bnc#872054): - add: Fix-help-text-for-disk_-set-toggle.patch
* Tue Apr 29 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- Support setting boot flag in pMBR (bnc#872054): - drop: revert-gpt-add-commands-to-manipulate-pMBR-boot-flag.patch - add: libparted-copy-pmbr_boot-when-duplicating-GPT-disk.patch - refresh patches
* Mon Feb 17 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- Fixup last commit - call BLKRRPART only for DASDs- added patches:
* libparted-use-BLKRRPART-for-DASD.patch.patch- removed patches:
* Fri Feb 14 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- Use BLKRRPART on DASD disks (instead of BLKPG_
*) (bnc#862139)- added patches:
* Thu Feb 13 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- reserve first 2 tracks on DASD disks for metadata (bnc#862138)
* add: libparted-dasd-do-not-use-first-tracks.patch- initialize memory for newly allocated partition (bnc#862138)
* add: libparted-initialize-dasd-part-type.patch
* Fri Jan 24 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- include new fatresize(8) utility- added patches:
* Wed Jan 22 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- Do not fail when shrinking the partition in non-interactive mode.- modified patches:
* Wed Jan 08 2014 puzelAATTsuse.com- update to parted-3.1 (fate#316110)- changes in parted-3.1:
* Changes in behavior - Floppy drives are no longer scanned on linux: they cannot be partitioned anyhow, and some users have a misconfigured BIOS that claims to have a floppy when they don\'t, and scanning gets hung up. - parted: the mkpart command has changed semantics with regard to specifying the end of the partition. If the end is specified using units of MiB, GiB, etc., parted subtracts one sector from the specified value. With this change, it is now possible to create partitions like 1MiB-2MiB, 2MiB-3MiB and so on.
* Many bugfixes (see changelog)- changes in parted-3.0:
* Changes in behavior - Remove all FS-related (file system-related) sub-commands; these commands are no longer recognized because they were all dependent on parted \"knowing\" too much about file system: mkpartfs, mkfs, cp, move, check. - \'resize\' command changed semantics: it no longer resizes the filesystem, but only moves end sector of the partition- libparted-devel contains libparted-fs-resize library- add ability to change size of the partition (ignoring contained filesystem) with \'resize\' command; this command has different semantics than the former \'resize\' command which upstream decided to drop - parted-resize-command.patch (fate#316110)- when using syncmbr on POWER, make the first partition type 0x41 (PReP boot) (bnc#797485) - add libparted-ppc-prepboot-in-syncmbr.patch- support for PReP GUID (bnc#797485) - parted-GPT-add-support-for-PReP-GUID.patch- Build requires makeinfo- drop fix-function-def.patch (not needed)- drop parted-stdio.h.patch (not needed)- drop parted-use-ext-range.patch (upstream)- drop fix-nilfs2-probe-function.patch (upstream)- drop parted-improve-loop-support.patch (upstream)- drop always-resize-part.dif (FS support removed)- merged following hybrid pMBR patches: parted-gpt-mbr-sync.patch, parted-gpt-sync-mbr-label.patch, parted-fix-gpt-sync-on-BE-systems.patch
* Mon Dec 30 2013 puzelAATTsuse.com- Fix partition device names on MMC devices (bnc#847580) - libparted-fix-mmcblk-partition-name.patch
* Tue Sep 17 2013 mlinAATTsuse.com- Add parted-Add-Intel-Rapid-Start-Technology-partition.patch:
* Add Intel Fast Flash(iFFS) partition type support for Intel Rapid Start Technology. Added type 0x84 on MS-DOS and D3BFE2DE-3DAF-11DF-BA40-E3A556D89593 on GPT disk type.
* Mon Apr 22 2013 puzelAATTsuse.com- fix hybrid pMBR (gpt_sync_mbr) on BE systems (bnc#809205) - parted-fix-gpt-sync-on-BE-systems.patch- detect btrfs filesystem (bnc#810779) - parted-btrfs-support.patch
* Mon Apr 15 2013 idonmezAATTsuse.com- Add Source URL, see https://en.opensuse.org/SourceUrls- Add GPG checking
* Wed Nov 21 2012 puzelAATTsuse.com- add fix-error-informing-the-kernel.patch: Informing the kernel about partition changes still fails if first logical partition starts right after the extended partition. Fix it.
* Thu Sep 27 2012 puzelAATTsuse.com- add parted-workaround-windows7-gpt-implementation.patch (bnc#781688)
* Fri Jul 27 2012 ajAATTsuse.de- Fix build with missing gets declaration (glibc 2.16)
* Tue Jul 03 2012 puzelAATTsuse.com- copy dummy bootcode to MBR only on x86 because it can cause problems to certain ARM machine (bnc#769789) - add: dummy-bootcode-only-for-x86.patch
* Tue Apr 17 2012 puzelAATTsuse.com- fix informing the kernel about partitions on cciss devices (bnc#757225) - add: parted-fix-cciss-partition-naming.patch
* Fri Dec 30 2011 puzelAATTsuse.com- fix crash in nilfs2 probe function if there is tiny (1s) partition on the disk (bnc#735763) - fix-nilfs2-probe-function.patch
* Sun Nov 20 2011 cooloAATTsuse.com- add libtool as buildrequire to avoid implicit dependency
* Wed Oct 26 2011 puzelAATTsuse.com- improve loop support, fix geometry reporting on loopback devices: parted-improve-loop-support.patch (bnc#726603)
* Mon Sep 26 2011 puzelAATTsuse.com- improve parted-gpt-sync-mbr-label.patch: do not sync partitions that can not be represented by the DOS label (bnc#710402)
* Wed Sep 07 2011 puzelAATTsuse.com- change do-not-create-dm-nodes.patch so that parted does not remove dm partition mappings and leaves the job up to kpartx -u called via udev (bnc#712177, bnc#679780)
* Mon Sep 05 2011 puzelAATTsuse.com- add parted-use-ext-range.patch (bnc#715695)
* Thu Aug 25 2011 puzelAATTnovell.com- add parted-gpt-sync-mbr-label.patch (bnc#710402) - this patch implements support for special label \'gpt-sync-mbr\'
* Tue Aug 16 2011 puzelAATTnovell.com- update parted-gpt-mbr-sync.patch so that it no longer creates synced partitions one sector shorter (bnc#700465)
* Sun Jul 31 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org- Use ncursesw6 instead of plain-old ncurses5- Disable automake silent rules
* Thu May 19 2011 puzelAATTnovell.com- update to parted-2.4
* Bug fixes - parted no longer allows the modification of certain in-use partitions. In particular, before this fix, parted would permit removal or modification of any in-use partition on a dmraid and any in-use partition beyond the 15th on a regular scsi disk. - Improve support of DASD devices on the s390 architecture. Parted now supports all DASD types (CKD and FBA), DASD formats (CDL, LDL, CMS non-reserved, and CMS reserved), and DASD drivers (ECKD, FBA, and DIAG) in all combinations supported by the Linux kernel. As before, only CDL format on CKD DASD using the ECKD driver is supported for read-write operations (create, delete, move, re-size, etc.). However, the implicit partition present on LDL- and CMS-formatted disks is now correctly recognized for read-only operations. In detail: - parted now correctly handles LDL-format disks with a block size other than 4096 (bug fix) - parted now recognizes the CMS disk format, both reserved and non-reserved (enhancement) - parted now supports FBA DASD devices (enhancement) - parted now supports the DIAG driver when running in a virtual machine under z/VM (enhancement) - libparted: raise the limit on the maximum start sector and the maximum number of sectors in a \"loop\" partition table from 2^32 to 2^64. - libparted once again recognizes a whole-disk FAT partition - libparted now recognizes scsi disks with a high major (128-135) as scsi disks - an msdos partition table on a very small device (smaller than one cylinder) is now recognized. - libparted: zero-length devices (other than files) are ignored rather than throwing an exception. - libparted: gpt label creation can no longer divide by zero with a defective device or when a concurrent writer modifies the PE-size bytes in the small interval between the write and subsequent read of the primary GPT header.
* Changes in behavior - \"parted $dev print\" now prints information about the device (model, size, transport, sector size) even when it fails to recognize the disk label. - specifying partition start or end values using MiB, GiB, etc. suffixes now makes parted do what I want, i.e., use that precise value, and not some other that is up to 500KiB or 500MiB away from what I specified. Before, to get that behavior, you would have had to use carefully chosen values with units of bytes (\"B\") or sectors (\"s\") to obtain the same result, and with sectors, your usage would not be portable between devices with varying sector sizes. This change does not affect how parted handles suffixes like KB, MB, GB, etc.- drop always_print_geom.diff (merged upstream)
* Thu Dec 09 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- add more-reliable-informing-the-kernel.patch (bnc#657360)
* Tue Nov 09 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- updated always_print_geom.diff to print also physical/logical sector size (patch by Arvin Schnell)
* Fri Sep 17 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- package according to shared library policy: split libparted0- add build dependencies on libblkid and libuuid
* Fri Sep 17 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- fix always-resize-part.dif (bnc#639579)
* Wed Aug 11 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- update parted-type.patch (bnc#630009)
* Thu Jul 08 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- update to parted-2.3 - parted now recognizes ATA over Ethernet (AoE) devices - parted now recognizes Linux Software RAID Arrays - libparted has a new partition flag to check for diagnostic (aka recovery or reserved) partitions: PED_PARTITION_DIAG - When libparted deferenced a /dev/mapper/foo symlink, it would keep the resulting /dev/dm-N name and sometimes use it later, even though it had since become stale and invalid. It no longer stores the result of dereferencing a /dev/mapper symlink. - libparted\'s msdos_partition_is_flag_available function now always reports that the \"hidden\" flag is not available for an extended partition. Similarly, msdos_partition_get_flag(p,PED_PARTITION_HIDDEN) always returns 0 for an extended partition. - libparted uses a more accurate heuristic to distinguish between ext4 and ext3 partitions. - libparted now properly checks the return value of dm_task_run when operating on devicemapper devices. - allow using ped_device_cache_remove(dev) followed by a (later) ped_device_destroy() without corrupting the device cache. - when creating an ext2 file system, Parted no longer creates an invalid one when its size is 2TiB or larger.- drop etherd_support.diff (included upstream)- drop parted-remove-experimental-warning.patch (included upstream)- drop make-align-check-work-in-interactive-mode.patch (included upstream)- drop parted-no-inttypes-include (not needed)- refresh all remaining patches
* Wed Jun 30 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- update make-align-check-work-in-interactive-mode.patch to be consistent with upstream
* Mon Jun 28 2010 jengelhAATTmedozas.de- use %_smp_mflags
* Thu May 27 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- add make-align-check-work-in-interactive-mode.patch (bnc#608704)
* Fri Apr 02 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- add parted-remove-experimental-warning.patch- refresh always_print_geom.diff to apply at correct function
* Fri Feb 26 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- update to parted-2.2 - Changes in behavior - The default alignment (--align option) for newly created partitions has been changed to optimal. - New features - The ped_device_get_
*_alignment() functions now return a sane default value instead of NULL when the so called topology information is incomplete. The default minimum alignment aligns to physical sector size, the default optimal alignment is 1MiB, which is what vista and windows 7 do. - Bug fixes - Parted no longer uses a physical sector size of 0 or of any other value smaller than the logical sector size. - dos: creating an HFS or HFS+ partition in an msdos partition table used to set the partition type to 0x83. That is wrong. The required number is 0xaf, and that is what is used now. - gpt: read-only operation could clobber MBR part of hybrid GPT+MBR table [bug introduced in parted-2.1] - gpt: a read-only operation like \"parted $dev print\" would overwrite $dev\'s protective MBR when exactly one of the primary and backup GPT tables was found to be corrupt. [bug introduced prior to parted-1.8.0] - sun: the version, sanity and nparts VTOC fields were ignored by libparted. Those fields are properly initialized now. The nparts (number of partitions) field is initialized to 8 (max. number of sun partitions) rather that to a real number of partitions. This solution is compatible with Linux kernel and Linux fdisk. - libparted: try harder to inform kernel of partition changes. Previously when editing partitions, occasionally the kernel would fail to be informed of partition changes. When this happened future problems would occur because the kernel had incorrect information. For example, if this problem arose when resizing or creating a new partition, then an incorrect partition size might be displayed or a user might encounter a failure to format or delete a newly created partition, respectively. - libparted: committing a disk that was returned by ped_disk_duplicate would always result in ped_disk_clobber being called (and thus the first and last 9KiB of the disk being zeroed), even if the duplicated disk, was not returned by ped_disk_fresh().- drop do-not-install-test-programs.patch (fixed in upstream)
* Wed Feb 17 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- add do-not-install-test-programs.patch - avoid deleting this in specfile
* Mon Feb 01 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- update to parted-2.1 (noteworthy changes)
* New features - new --align= commandline option which can have the following values: - none: Use the minimum alignment allowed by the disk type - cylinder: Align partitions to cylinders (the default) - minimal: Use minimum alignment as given by the disk topology information - optimal: Use optimum alignment as given by the disk topology information The minimal and optimal values will use layout information provided by the disk to align the logical partition table addresses to actual physical blocks on the disks. The minimal value uses the minimum alignment needed to align the partition properly to physical blocks, which avoids performance degradation. Where as the optimal value uses a multiple of the physical block size in a way that guarantees optimal performance. The min and opt values will only work when compiled with libblkid >= 2.17 and running on a kernel >= 2.6.31, otherwise they will behave as the none --align value. - Parted now supports disks with sector size larger than 512 bytes. Before this release, parted could operate only on disks with a sector size of 512 bytes. However, disk manufacturers are already making disks with an exposed hardware sector size of 4096 bytes. Prior versions of parted cannot even read a partition table on such a device, not to mention create or manipulate existing partition tables. Due to internal design and time constraints, the following less-common partition table types are currently disabled: - amiga, bsd, aix, pc98 - new command \"align-check TYPE N\" to determine whether the starting sector of partition N is TYPE(minimal|optimal)-aligned for the disk. The same libblkid and kernel version requirements apply as for --align
* Bug fixes - parted can once again create partition tables on loop devices. - improved >512-byte sector support - gpt tables are more rigorously checked - improved dasd disk support - handle device nodes created by lvm built with udev synchronisation enabled properly. - when printing tables, parted no longer truncates flag names - Partitions in a GPT table are no longer assigned the \"microsoft reserved partition\" type. Before this change, each partition would be listed with a type of \"msftres\" by default.
* Notice - Parted stopped using BLKPG_
* ioctls to inform the kernel about changes of the partition table. The consequence of this change is that parted alone can no longer inform the kernel about changes to partition table on a disk where some of the partitions are mounted.- build requires check-devel and pkg-config- drop parted-1.8.3.dif - fixed by adding pkg-config and check-devel to BuildRequires- drop parted.tty.patch, parted.no-O_DIRECT.patch, do-not-discard-bootcode-in-extended-partition.patch, avoid-unnecessary-open-close.patch, do-not-unnecessarily-open-part-dev.patch - fixed upstream- drop fix-tests.sh - make check disabled in specfile- drop fix-error-informing-the-kernel.patch, fix-race-call-udevadm-settle.patch, retry-blkpg-ioctl.patch, use-ext-range.patch - affected code removed as part of the BLKPG to BLKRRPART switch- clean up specfile
* Mon Feb 01 2010 jengelhAATTmedozas.de- package baselibs.conf
* Mon Jan 25 2010 puzelAATTnovell.com- use-ext-range.patch (bnc#567652)
* Thu Dec 03 2009 puzelAATTnovell.com- avoid-unnecessary-open-close.patch, do-not-unnecessarily-open-part-dev.patch, fix-race-call-udevadm-settle.patch, retry-blkpg-ioctl.patch (bnc#539521)
* Wed Oct 07 2009 puzelAATTnovell.com- do-not-create-dm-nodes.patch (bnc#501773)
* Fri Jul 31 2009 puzelAATTnovell.com- update to parted-1.9.0
* parted now preserves the protective MBR (PMBR) in GPT type labels.
* gpt_read now uses SizeOfPartitionEntry instead of the size of GuidPartitionEntry_t. This ensures that
* of the partition entries are correctly read.
* mklabel (interactive mode) now correctly asks for confirmation, when replacing an existent label, without outputting an error message.
* resize now handles FAT16 file systems with a 64k cluster. This configuration is not common, but it is possible.
* parted now ignores devices of the type /dev/md
* when probing. These types of devices should be handled by the device-mapper capabilities of parted.
* The parted documentation now describes the differences in the options passed to mkpart for the label types.
* changes in behavior
* In libparted, the linux-swap \"filesystem\" types are now called \"linux-swap(v0)\" and \"linux-swap(v1)\" rather than \"linux-swap(old)\" and \"linux-swap(new)\" as in parted 1.8, or \"linux-swap\" as in older versions; \"old\" and \"new\" generally make poor names, and v1 is the only format supported by current Linux kernels. Aliases for all previous names are available.- drop following patches as they were merged upstream/are no longer needed:
* parted-fdasd-compile-fixes- remove FAT16 stuff from fat16_hfs_fix.dif, rename it hfs_fix.dif- add fix-tests.sh
* adjust testsuite so that it succeeds with our patchset- update all patches to remove fuzz, renumber patches- change license to GPL v3- parted-type.patch: fix output of flags
* Wed Jul 01 2009 puzelAATTnovell.com- add libsepol-devel to BR: (fix build)
* Wed Jun 17 2009 puzelAATTsuse.cz- add fix-make-install-failure.patch (fix build)- add fix-array-overflow.patch (fixes warning)- split -lang subpackage
* Tue Apr 07 2009 crrodriguezAATTsuse.de- remove static libraries
* Tue Mar 10 2009 puzelAATTsuse.cz- fix-multipath-part-name.patch replaced with fix-dm-partition-name.patch (bnc#471440)