Changelog for memkind-tests-1.2.0-1.1.x86_64.rpm
Thu Aug 18 14:00:00 2016 Krzysztof Kulakowski v1.2.0
- memkind_create() and memkind_ops have been deprecated (moved to
- Deprecated the headers from memkind/internal and added compile-time
warnings to them (plan is to remove those from rpm packages).
- autohbw files have been moved to memkind/autohbw directory.
- API decorators (memkind_malloc_pre, memkind_malloc_post etc.) now
need to be enabled with configure-time option --enable-decorators.
- Allocation time optimizations with up to 20% improvement.
Wed Jul 13 14:00:00 2016 Krzysztof Kulakowski v1.1.1
- Performance improvement for memkind_free() in scenario where NULL
was passed as kind (reduced by 60%).
- Introduced integration with Travis CI.
- Fixed issue where memory returned from calloc was not filled with zeroes
when using memkind_pmem kinds.
- Fixed issue where interleave kinds was failing on systems without
Transparent Huge Pages module configured.
- Resolved several issues that was causing compilation errors on some systems.
- test/test.sh is now able to detect system configuration, and run only those
tests which requirements are meet.
- Added gtest to repo to avoid downloading it during build proecess.
Mon May 23 14:00:00 2016 Krzysztof Kulakowski v1.1.0
- Implemented algorithm for detecting high-bandwidth memory on Intel Xeon Phi X200
without parsing PMTT.
- PMTT-parsing service has been removed.
- memkind struct definition from memkind.h has been replaced by forward
declaration. Definition has been moved to /internal/memkind_private.h and
shouldn\'t be considered as part of library interface anymore.
- Performance improvment for hugetlb kinds (check_available() is no longer
parsing sysfs every time).
- Performance fix by removing --enable-safe from jemmaloc build flags.
- New tests for validating high-bandwidth memory detection has been added.
- AFTS has been split into two groups: memkind-afts.ts and memkind-afts-ext.ts,
based on amount of required memory (for details view test/README).
Thu Mar 3 13:00:00 2016 Artur Koziej v1.0.0
- hbwmalloc.h released as stable API.
- Introduce API standards: STANDARD API, NON-STANDARD API, EXPERIMENTAL API.
- Introduce memkind versioning API.
- Fix type names in hbwmalloc API.
- Change error codes to POSIX standard ones in hbwmalloc API.
- Move API headers to include directory.
- Move NON-STANDARD API, or EXPERIMENTAL API to include/memkind/internal directory.
- New man page (memkind_interleave.3) describing interleave kind.
- Significant documentation improvement.
- Performance fix for jemalloc - significantly decrease of library initialization time.
- Enforce 2MB alignment in jemalloc due to the Linux kernel bug (munmap() fails for
huge pages, when the size is not aligned).
- Move to systemd defined service (memkind.service), drop init.d script.
- New rpm layout (memkind and memkind-devel).
- Remove false dependency on OpenMP.
- Extend test base for stress, longevity and initialization performance tests.
- Fix memory leak in ctl_growk().
- Rename namespace: hbwmalloc -> hbw.
- Rename class: hbwmalloc_allocator -> allocator.
Thu Oct 15 14:00:00 2015 Krzysztof Kulakowski v0.3.0
- Added two new kinds: MEMKIND_INTERLEAVE and MEMKIND_HBW_INTERLEAVE
(for details please take a look at man/memkind.3)
- Added support for file-backed memory heaps
(for details please take a look at man/memkind_pmem.3)
- Added autohbw library, that intercepts the standard heap allocations,
which let use high-bandwidth memory without modifying existing codebase
(for details please take a look at examples/autohbw_README)
- jemalloc is now, staticly linked, internal component of memkind RPM
instead of rpm dependency.
- Added memkind_allocated example which demonstrates usage of memkind
with alignas() alignment specifier introduced in C++11
(for details please take a look at examples/README)
- Added support for using thread local storage to improve performance in
multithreaded applications (enabled by configure time option: --enable-tls)
- Added posibility to set number of jemalloc arenas per kind by
configure time parameter or enviromental variable
(for details please take a look at MEMKIND_ARENA_NUM_PER_KIND section
- Added decorators to the memkind allocation APIs.
These are weak symbols (pre and post for each API) which can modify
the input and output of each of the calls.
- Significantly extended test base (new groups of tests: performance,
multithreaded, PMTT, nagtive, stress).
Fri Jan 9 13:00:00 2015 Christopher Cantalupo v0.2.0
- Bumped memkind ABI version to 0:1:0.
- Removed memkind_get_kind_for_free() from externally facing API\'s. Instead if
memkind_free() is called with zero passed for the kind then
memkind_get_kind_for_free() is called internally.
- Moved to single callback memkind_partition_mmap() to simplify
- Added hooks for setting file descriptor and offset for mmap enabling
file-backed memory kinds.
- Added a void pointer called \"priv\" to memkind structure for storing data for
- Removed call to sched_getcpu(), now thread id is hashed to determine the arena
- Added weak symbol hooks for decorating the heap management functions.
- Fixed several issues with init.d/memkind script and spec file scriptlets that
are exposed by SLES-12.
- Introduced an example library called numakind.
The numakind library will allocate from the closest NUMA node to a thread as
measured when that thread makes its first allocation call.
- Fixed error handling in memkind_gbtlb_mmap() that could cause a segfault when
gigabyte pages are not available.
- Added tests for PMTT parser.
- Removed binary mock PMTT table from source code, replaced it with a hexdump.
- Fixed a number of issues in test scripts which were suppressing errors.
- Removed unnecessary includes from header files.
- Better error checking in example code.
- Documentation update and clean up.
Thu Nov 13 13:00:00 2014 Christopher Cantalupo v0.1.0
- Increased test code coverage significantly.
- Fixed bug in memkind_error_message() for MEMKIND_ERROR_TOOMANY.
- Removed memkind_arena_free() API since it was redundant with memkind_default_free().
- Static memkind structs are now declared as extern in the headers and defined in the
source files files rather than being statically defined in the headers.
Thu Oct 30 13:00:00 2014 Christopher Cantalupo v0.0.9
- Now building with autotools.
- Updated documentation.
- Fixed typo in copyright.
- Fixed test scripts to properly handle return code of each test.
- Added C++03 standard allocator that uses hbw_malloc and hbw_free.
Tue Sep 30 14:00:00 2014 Christopher Cantalupo v0.0.8
- Added GBTLB functionality, code clean up, documentation updates,
examples directory. Examples includes stream modified to use
memkind interface. Code coverage still lacking, and documentation