Changelog for libpng15-15-1.5.28-3.2.x86_64.rpm
* Tue Jan 30 2018 jengelhAATTinai.de- Fix SRPM group and grammar issues.
* Mon Jan 02 2017 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.28
* Thu May 26 2016 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.27
* Thu Dec 17 2015 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.26
* Thu Dec 03 2015 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.25
* Fri Nov 13 2015 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.24
* Fri Aug 07 2015 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- build in build section
* Mon Mar 30 2015 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.22
* Mon Dec 29 2014 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.21
* Thu Nov 20 2014 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.20
* Fri Aug 22 2014 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.19
* Fri Feb 07 2014 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.18
* Mon Jul 01 2013 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.17: Removed a redundant test from png_set_IHDR(). Added set(CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES ...) to CMakeLists.txt (Andrew Hundt) Deleted set(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE) block from CMakeLists.txt Make ARM NEON support work at compile time (not just configure time). This moves the test on __ARM_NEON__ into pngconf.h to avoid issues when using a compiler that compiles for multiple architectures at one time. Removed PNG_FILTER_OPTIMIZATIONS and PNG_ARM_NEON_SUPPORTED from pnglibconf.h, allowing more of the decisions to be made internally (pngpriv.h) during the compile. Without this, symbol prefixing is broken under certain circumstances on ARM platforms. Now only the API parts of the optimizations (\'check\' vs \'api\') are exposed in the public header files except that the new setting PNG_ARM_NEON_OPT documents how libpng makes the decision about whether or not to use the optimizations. Protect symbol prefixing against CC/CPPFLAGS/CFLAGS useage. Previous iOS/Xcode fixes for the ARM NEON optimizations moved the test on __ARM_NEON__ from configure time to compile time. This breaks symbol prefixing because the definition of the special png_init_filter_functions call was hidden at configure time if the relevant compiler arguments are passed in CFLAGS as opposed to CC. This change attempts to avoid all the confusion that would result by declaring the init function even when it is not used, so that it will always get prefixed. Revised libpng.3 so that \"doclifter\" can process it. Revised example.c to illustrate use of PNG_DEFAULT_sRGB and PNG_GAMMA_MAC_18 as parameters for png_set_gamma(). These have been available since libpng-1.5.4.
* Thu May 23 2013 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.16: Corrected a misplaced closing bracket in contrib/libtests/pngvalid.c (Flavio Medeiros). Revised stack marking in arm/filter_neon.S and configure.ac Ensure that NEON filter stuff is completely disabled when switched \'off\'. Previously the ARM NEON specific files were still built if the option was switched \'off\' as opposed to being explicitly disabled. Avoid a compiler warning about unused png_ptr in translate_gamma_flags() Revise pngtest.c to skip tests of unsupported features. Test for \'arm
*\' not just \'arm\' in the host_cpu configure variable. Rebuilt the configure scripts. Expanded manual paragraph about writing private chunks, particularly the need to call png_set_keep_unknown_chunks() when writing them. Updated contrib/pngminus/pnm2png.c (Paul Stewart): Check for EOF Ignore \"#\" delimited comments in input file to pnm2png.c. Fixed whitespace handling Added a call to png_set_packing() Initialize dimension values so if sscanf fails at least we have known invalid values. Allow contrib/pnminus/pnm2png.c to compile without WRITE_INVERT and WRITE_PACK supported (writes error message that it can\'t read P1 or P4 PBM files). Revised contrib/pngminim/
*/makefile to separate CPPFLAGS and CFLAGS, and to generate pnglibconf.h with the right zlib header files. Ported contrib/pngminus/pnm2png.c changes back from libpng-1.6.3beta06, to use unsigned long, not png_uint_32 arguments to sscanf().
* Mon Apr 15 2013 mmeisterAATTsuse.com- Added url as source. Please see http://en.opensuse.org/SourceUrls
* Thu Mar 28 2013 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.15: Enabled renaming of the extern (but not DLL exported) ARM filter functions. Also enabled inclusion of pngpriv.h in non-C files by preventing C/C++ specific definitions if PNG_VERSION_INFO_ONLY is defined. Added png_get_palette_max() function. Made a probably general fix for the preprocessing used to generate source files. This change might make the check for a special C preprocessor unnecessary, and it also eliminates the requirement for sed in the configure build process. Turn serial tests back on (recently turned off by autotools upgrade). Enclosed the new png_get_palette_max in #ifdef PNG_GET_PALETTE_MAX_SUPPORTED block, and revised pnglibconf.h and pnglibconf.h.prebuilt accordingly. Fixed a race condition in the creation of the build \'scripts\' directory while building with a parallel make. Use parentheses more consistently in \"#if defined(MACRO)\" tests. Fixed PNG_ALIGN(ED)_MEMORY and add ability to turn off ARM_NEON runtime checks Updated the INSTALL document. Revised INSTALL to recommend using CPPFLAGS instead of INCLUDES. Avoid a possible memory leak in contrib/gregbook/readpng.c etc. see ANNOUNCE or CHANGES
* Tue Jan 29 2013 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.14: Ignore, with a warning, out-of-range value of num_trans in png_set_tRNS(). Fixed a minor bug in types to malloc and major bug in handling compressed iTXt. Compressed iTXt could not be handled. Check validity of \"num_unknowns\" parameter of png_set_unknown_chunks() (Bug report from yuris). Check the validity of the \"nentries\" parameter of png_set_sPLT() and the \"num_text\" parameter of png_set_text_2().
* Wed Oct 24 2012 jengelhAATTinai.de- Add missing baselib requires for compat-devel-32bit
* Thu Sep 27 2012 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.13: Do not compile PNG_DEPRECATED, PNG_ALLOC and PNG_PRIVATE when __GNUC__ < 3. Removed references to png_zalloc() and png_zfree() from the manual. Revised PNG_FP_EXPORT and PNG_FIXED_EXPORT macros to avoid generating lone semicolons (patch ported from libpng-1.6.0beta11). Corrected handling of the image array and the row_pointers array in example. When png_set_filler is used to strip a filler channel during write, the code prior to 1.5 would ignore the case where the output required an alpha channel or when the output was a palettized PNG. In libpng-1.5 the ignorance was lost and libpng proceeded to strip the channel resulting in a bad (potential memory overwrite) failure later. This reverts the behavior to the pre-1.5 state but issues a warning. libpng-1.6 is expected to issue an error on the erroneous png_set_filler call. Use png_memset() consistently (pngmem.c contained some bare \"memset\" calls).
* Wed Jul 11 2012 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.12: Changed \"a+w\" to \"u+w\" in Makefile.in to fix CVE-2012-3386.
* Fri Jun 15 2012 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.11: Enable png_set_check_for_invalid_index() for both read and write. Made fixes for new optimization warnings from gcc 4.7.0. The compiler performed an optimization which is safe but then warned about it. Changing the type of \'palette_number\' in pngvalid.c removes the warning. Improved efficiency of new do_check_palette_indexes() function. Don\'t check palette indexes if num_palette is 0 (as it can be in MNG files). Added two images to contrib/pngsuite (1-bit and 2-bit transparent grayscale), and renamed three whose names were inconsistent with those in pngsuite/README.txt.
* Thu Mar 29 2012 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.10: Removed two useless #ifdef directives from pngread.c and one from pngrutil.c Always put the CMAKE_LIBRARY in \"lib\" (removed special WIN32 case). Removed empty vstudio/pngstest directory (Clifford Yapp). Eliminated redundant png_push_read_tEXt|zTXt|iTXt|unknown code from pngpread.c and use the sequential png_handle_tEXt, etc., in pngrutil.c; now that png_ptr->buffer is inaccessible to applications, the special handling is no longer useful. Fixed bug with png_handle_hIST with odd chunk length (Frank Busse). Added PNG_SAFE_LIMITS feature to pnglibconf.dfa and code in pngconf.h to reset the user limits to safe ones if PNG_SAFE_LIMITS is defined. To enable, use \"CPPFLAGS=-DPNG_SAFE_LIMITS_SUPPORTED\" on the configure command or put \"#define PNG_SAFE_LIMITS_SUPPORTED\" in pnglibconf.h. Revised the SAFE_LIMITS feature to be the same as the feature in libpng16. Added information about the new limits in the manual. Updated Makefile.in Removed unused \"current_text\" members of png_struct and the png_free() of png_ptr->current_text from pngread.c Fixed PNG_LIBPNG_BUILD_BASE_TYPE definition. Fixed CMF optimization of non-IDAT compressed chunks, which was added at libpng-1.5.4. It sometimes produced too small of a window. Reject all iCCP chunks after the first, even if the first one is invalid. Added palette-index checking. Issue a png_benign_error() if an invalid index is found. Revised example.c to put text strings in a temporary character array instead of directly assigning string constants to png_textp members. This avoids compiler warnings when -Wwrite-strings is enabled. Prevent PNG_EXPAND+PNG_SHIFT doing the shift twice. Revised png_set_text_2() to avoid potential memory corruption (fixes CVE-2011-3048).
* Mon Feb 20 2012 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.9:
* fixed CVE-2011-3026 [bnc#747311]
* Thu Feb 02 2012 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.8: Fixed one-byte (stack) buffer-overrun bug in png_formatted_warning() (CVE-2011-3464)
* Mon Dec 19 2011 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.7: Added support for ARM processor (Mans Rullgard) Fixed bug in pngvalid on early allocation failure; fixed type cast in pngmem.c; pngvalid would attempt to call png_error() if the allocation of a png_struct or png_info failed. This would probably have led to a crash. The pngmem.c implementation of png_malloc() included a cast to png_size_t which would fail on large allocations on 16-bit systems. Fix for the preprocessor of the Intel C compiler. The preprocessor splits adjacent AATT signs with a space; this changes the concatentation token from AATT-AATT-AATT to PNG_JOIN; that should work with all compiler preprocessors. Paeth filter speed improvements from work by Siarhei Siamashka. This changes the \'Paeth\' reconstruction function to improve the GCC code generation on x86. The changes are only part of the suggested ones; just the changes that definitely improve speed and remain simple. The changes also slightly increase the clarity of the code. Check compression_type parameter in png_get_iCCP and remove spurious casts. The compression_type parameter is always assigned to, so must be non-NULL. The cast of the profile length potentially truncated the value unnecessarily on a 16-bit int system, so the cast of the (byte) compression type to (int) is specified by ANSI-C anyway. Fixed FP division by zero in pngvalid.c; the \'test_pixel\' code left the sBIT fields in the test pixel as 0, which resulted in a floating point division by zero which was irrelevant but causes systems where FP exceptions cause a crash. Added code to pngvalid to turn on FP exceptions if the appropriate glibc support is there to ensure this is tested in the future. Updated scripts/pnglibconf.mak and scripts/makefile.std to handle the new PNG_JOIN macro. Added versioning to pnglibconf.h comments. Simplified read/write API initial version; basic read/write tested on a variety of images, limited documentation (in the header file.) Installed more accurate linear to sRGB conversion tables. The slightly modified tables reduce the number of 16-bit values that convert to an off-by-one 8-bit value. The \"makesRGB.c\" code that was used to generate the tables is now in a contrib/sRGBtables sub-directory. etc. see CHANGES
* Thu Dec 01 2011 idoenmezAATTsuse.de- Name field shouldn\'t contain a macro
* Thu Dec 01 2011 cooloAATTsuse.com- add libtool as buildrequire to avoid implicit dependency
* Thu Nov 03 2011 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.6: Fixed some 64-bit type conversion warnings in pngrtran.c Moved row_info from png_struct to a local variable. The various interlace mask arrays have been made into arrays of bytes and made PNG_CONST and static (previously some arrays were marked PNG_CONST and some weren\'t). Additional checks have been added to the transform code to validate the pixel depths after the transforms on both read and write. Removed some redundant code from pngwrite.c, in png_desgtroy_write_struct(). Changed chunk reading/writing code to use png_uint_32 instead of png_byte. This removes the need to allocate temporary strings for chunk names on the stack in the read/write code. Unknown chunk handling still uses the string form because this is exposed in the API. Added a note in the manual the png_read_update_info() must be called only once with a particular info_ptr. Revised test-pngtest.sh to report FAIL when pngtest fails. Added \"--strict\" option to pngtest, to report FAIL when the failure is only because the resulting valid files are different. Revised CMakeLists.txt to work with mingw and removed some material from CMakeLists.txt that is no longer useful in libpng-1.5. Fixed typo in Makefile.in and Makefile.am (\"-M Wl\" should be \"-M -Wl\").\" Speed up png_combine_row() for interlaced images. This reduces the generality of the code, allowing it to be optimized for Adam7 interlace. The masks passed to png_combine_row() are now generated internally, avoiding some code duplication and localizing the interlace handling somewhat. Align png_struct::row_buf - previously it was always unaligned, caused by a bug in the code that attempted to align it; the code needs to subtract one from the pointer to take account of the filter byte prepended to each row. Optimized png_combine_row() when rows are aligned. This gains a small percentage for 16-bit and 32-bit pixels in the typical case where the output row buffers are appropriately aligned. The optimization was not previously possible because the png_struct buffer was always misaligned. Removed two redundant tests for unitialized row. Fixed a relatively harmless memory overwrite in compressed text writing with a 1 byte zlib buffer. Add ability to call png_read_update_info multiple times to pngvalid.c Fixes for multiple calls to png_read_update_info. These fixes attend to most of the errors revealed in pngvalid, however doing the gamma work twice results in inaccuracies that can\'t be easily fixed. There is now a warning in the code if this is going to happen. Turned on multiple png_read_update_info in pngvalid transform tests. Prevent libpng from overwriting unused bits at the end of the image when it is not byte aligned, while reading. Prior to libpng-1.5.6 libpng would overwrite the partial byte at the end of each row if the row width was not an exact multiple of 8 bits and the image is not interlaced. Made png_ptr->prev_row an aligned pointer into png_ptr->big_prev_row (Mans Rullgard). Changed misleading \"Missing PLTE before cHRM\" warning to \"Out of place cHRM\" Added PNG_LSR() and PNG_LSL() macros to defend against buggy compilers that evaluate non-taken code branches and complain about out-of-range shifts. Renamed the local variable \'byte\' because it appears in a MSYS header file. Added #define PNG_ALIGN_TYPE PNG_ALIGN_NONE to contrib/pngminim/
* Mon Sep 26 2011 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- updated to 1.5.5, fixes:
* CVE-2011-3328 [bnc#720017]
* Tue Jul 26 2011 pgajdosAATTnovell.com- updated to 1.5.4, fixes:
* CVE-2011-2501 [bnc#702578]
* CVE-2011-2690 [bnc#706387]
* CVE-2011-2691 [bnc#706388]
* CVE-2011-2692 [bnc#706389]
* Thu Mar 31 2011 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.5.2:
* Turned on interlace handling in png_read_png().
* Fixed gcc pendantic warnings.
* Fixed png_get_current_row_number() in the interlaced case.
* Cleaned up ALPHA flags and transformations.
* Implemented expansion to 16 bits.
* etc, see http://sourceforge.net/projects/libpng/files/libpng15/1.5.2/
* Thu Feb 03 2011 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.5.1: new branch shortly after 1.4, many structural changes, see CHANGELOG or http://sourceforge.net/projects/libpng/files/libpng15/1.5.0/ and http://sourceforge.net/projects/libpng/files/libpng15/1.5.1/
* Thu Sep 30 2010 pgajdosAATTnovell.com- updated to 1.4.4:
* Eliminated another deprecated reference to png_ptr->io_ptr in pngtest.c
* Updated the xcode project to work with libpng-1.4.x and added iOS targets for simulator and device (Philippe Hausler).
* Eliminated a deprecated reference to png_ptr->io_ptr in pngtest.c
* Removed unused png_mem_
* defines from pngconf.h.
* Updated the read macros and functions from 1.5.0beta38.
* Mon Aug 30 2010 cooloAATTnovell.com- fix baselibs.conf after previous change
* Thu Jul 29 2010 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- add devel packages to baselbis.conf [bnc#625883]
* Mon Jun 28 2010 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.4.3: fixed libpng overflow (CVE-2010-1205) and memory leak [bnc#617866]
* Fri Jun 04 2010 cooloAATTnovell.com- remove devel packages from baselibs.conf, not convinced of their usefulness
* Mon May 03 2010 dmuellerAATTsuse.de- also obsolete libpng-devel-1.2.43 (previous factory version)
* Sat Apr 24 2010 cooloAATTnovell.com- buildrequire pkg-config to fix provides
* Thu Apr 15 2010 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- support png_read_dither() for xfig and transfig
* Tue Apr 06 2010 roAATTsuse.de- fix baselibs.conf
* Thu Mar 25 2010 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.4.1 -- new branch
* Thu Feb 25 2010 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.2.43 (fixes [bnc#585403]):
* Removed \"#define PNG_NO_ERROR_NUMBERS\" that was inadvertently added to pngconf.h in version 1.2.41.
* Removed leftover \"-DPNG_CONFIGURE_LIBPNG\" from scripts/makefile.darwin and contrib/pngminim/
* Relocated png_do_chop() to its original position in pngrtran.c; the change in version 1.2.41beta08 caused transparency to be handled wrong in some 16-bit datastreams (Yusaku Sugai).
* Renamed libpng-pc.in back to libpng.pc.in and revised CMakeLists.txt (revising changes made in 1.2.41)
* Swapped PNG_UNKNOWN_CHUNKS_SUPPORTED and PNG_HANDLE_AS_UNKNOWN_SUPPORTED in pngset.c to be consistent with other changes in version 1.2.38.
* Avoid deprecated references to png_ptr-io_ptr and png_ptr->error_ptr in pngtest.c
* Mon Dec 14 2009 jengelhAATTmedozas.de- add baselibs.conf as a source
* Mon Dec 07 2009 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.2.41: contains numerous cleanups, some new compile-time warnings about direct struct access (define PNG_NO_PEDANTIC_WARNINGS to enable), a new xcode build project, and a minor performance improvement (avoid building 16-bit gamma tables when not needed)
* Tue Nov 24 2009 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.2.40: Removed an extra png_debug() recently added to png_write_find_filter(). Fixed incorrect #ifdef in pngset.c regarding unknown chunk support. Various bugfixes and improvements to CMakeLists.txt (Philip Lowman)
* Tue Nov 03 2009 cooloAATTnovell.com- updated patches to apply with fuzz=0
* Thu Aug 13 2009 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.2.39:
* Added a prototype for png_64bit_product() in png.c
* Avoid a possible NULL dereference in debug build, in png_set_text_2()
* Relocated new png_64_bit_product() prototype into png.h
*.txz in distribution.
* Reject attempt to write iCCP chunk with negative embedded profile length.
* Mon Jul 20 2009 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.2.38:
* Revised libpng
*.txt and libpng.3 to mention calling png_set_IHDR() multiple times and to specify the sample order in the tRNS chunk, because the ISO PNG specification has a typo in the tRNS table.
* Changed several PNG_UNKNOWN_CHUNK_SUPPORTED to PNG_HANDLE_AS_UNKNOWN_SUPPORTED, to make the png_set_keep mechanism available for ignoring known chunks even when not saving unknown chunks.
* Adopted preference for consistent use of \"#ifdef\" and \"#ifndef\" versus \"#if defined()\" and \"if !defined()\" where possible.
* Added PNG_NO_HANDLE_AS_UNKNOWN in the PNG_LEGACY_SUPPORTED block of pngconf.h, and moved the various unknown chunk macro definitions outside of the PNG_READ|WRITE_ANCILLARY_CHUNK_SUPPORTED blocks.
* Thu Jun 04 2009 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.2.37:
* fixed bug with new png_memset() of the big_row_buffer
* Tue May 12 2009 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.2.36 (see CHANGES)