Changelog for libvpx2-1.4.0-1.5.x86_64.rpm
Tue May 12 14:00:00 2015 joerg.lorenzenAATTki.tng.de
- Update to version 1.4.0
+ This release includes significant improvements to the VP9 codec.
This release is ABI incompatible with 1.3.0. It drops the
compatibility layer, requiring VPX_IMG_FMT_
* instead of
*, and adds several codec controls for VP9.
Faster VP9 encoding and decoding.
Multithreaded VP9 decoding (tile and frame-based).
Multithreaded VP9 encoding - on by default.
YUV 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 support in VP9.
10 and 12bit support in VP9.
64bit ARM support by replacing ARM assembly with intrinsics.
+ Bug Fixes:
Fixes a VP9 bitstream issue in Profile 1. This only affected
non-YUV 4:2:0 files.
+ Known Issues:
Frame Parallel decoding fails for segmented and non-420 files.
- Fixed all patches and changed baselibs.conf to libvpx2.
Mon Feb 23 13:00:00 2015 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Add baselibs.conf as source
Mon Feb 23 13:00:00 2015 rguentherAATTsuse.com
- Build with -std=gnu89 to deal with GCC 5 defaulting to -std=gnu11
and the C11 stddef.h providing a max_align_t that conflicts with
the one provided by nestegg/halloc/src/align.h.
Tue Dec 10 13:00:00 2013 hrvoje.senjanAATTgmail.com
- Update to version 1.3.0
+ This release is ABI and API compatible with Duclair (v1.0.0).
+ This release introduces the VP9 codec in a backward-compatible
way. All existing users of VP8 can continue to use the library
without modification. However, some VP8 options do not map to
VP9 in the same manner.
- Get rid of bashisms in the main build scripts
- Added usage info on command line options
- Add lossless compression mode
- Dll build of libvpx
- Add additional Mac OS X targets: 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9
- Add option to disable documentation
- configure: add --enable-external-build support
- make: support V=1 as short form of verbose=yes
- configure: support mingw-w64
- configure: support hardfloat armv7 CHOSTS
- configure: add support for android x86
- Add estimated completion time to vpxenc
- Don\'t exit on decode errors in vpxenc
- vpxenc: support scaling prior to encoding
- vpxdec: support scaling output
- vpxenc: improve progress indicators with --skip
- msvs: Don\'t link to winmm.lib
- Add a new script for producing vcxproj files
- Produce Visual Studio 10 and 11 project files
- Produce Windows Phone project files
- msvs-build: use msbuild for vs >= 2005
- configure: default configure log to config.log
- Add encoding option --static-thresh
- Miscellaneous speed optimizations for VP8 and VP9.
- In general, quality is consistent with the Eider release.
+ Bug Fixes:
- This release represents approximately a year of engineering
effort, and contains multiple bug fixes. Please refer to git
history for details.
- Rebase libvpx-armv7-use-hard-float.patch and
libvpx-configure-add-s390.patch to this release
- Droped version_1.1.0_to_1.2.0.diff
- Added xz BuildRequires
- Remove Source URL, as the tarball is not available at that place
- Tarball is generated from v1.3.0 tag
Mon Jan 28 13:00:00 2013 adrianAATTsuse.de
- update to version 1.2.0
- doing it via patch due to lacking release tar ball
- From release notes:
- full api and abi compatible to 1.x release line
VP8 optimizations for MIPS dspr2
vpxenc: add -quiet option
Encoder and decoder speed is consistent with the Eider release.
In general, quality is consistent with the Eider release.
Minor tweaks to ARNR filtering
Minor improvements to real time encoding with multiple temporal layers
- Bug Fixes:
Fixes multithreaded encoder race condition in loopfilter
Fixes multi-resolution threaded encoding
Fix potential encoder dead-lock after picture resize
Mon Dec 10 13:00:00 2012 guillaumeAATTopensuse.org
- Fix ARM builds
+ Removed old unused patch (libvpx-configure-add-armv7-tgt-isa.patch)
+ Add new patches for ARM:
- libvpx-disable-cross-for-arm.patch: to fix toolchain names for ARM
- libvpx-armv7-use-hard-float.patch: to fix float abi for armv7
Tue Sep 18 14:00:00 2012 dimstarAATTopensuse.org
- Update to version 1.1.0:
- Adds a motion compensated temporal denoiser to the encoder
- support for new compilers and platforms were added
- Changing resolution with vpx_codec_enc_config_set() is now
+ Improved performance
+ Bugs fixed
- Changes from version 1.0.0:
- This release introduces several substantial new features to
the encoder, of particular interest to real time streaming
+ Improved performance
+ Encoder quality in the single stream case is consistent with
the Cayuga release.
+ Bug fixes
- Rename libvpx0 to libvpx1, following upstreams soname bump (also
- Add pkg-config BuildRequires: as we provide a .pc file, we need
pkg-config to be able to create the pkgconfig() provides
- libvpx-configure-add-armv7-tgt-isa.patch currently disabled:
needs more work.
Tue Nov 29 13:00:00 2011 roAATTsuse.de
- make it build on s390/s390x
Sat Oct 15 14:00:00 2011 jleeAATTsuse.com
- support build libvpx on armv7hl architecture
* add libvpx-configure-add-armv7-tgt-isa.patch
* add armv7-linux-gcc target and enable runtime cpu detect when
configure. It both support ARMv7 cpu with or without NEON.
e.g. NVIDIA Tegra 2
Wed Aug 24 14:00:00 2011 adrianAATTsuse.de
- update to version 0.9.7 patchlevel 1
* speed and quality optimizations (see CHANGELOG file)
* bugfixes (see CHANGELOG file)
* provides pkgconfig file
Thu Apr 14 14:00:00 2011 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- added 32bit compatibility libraries
Wed Mar 9 13:00:00 2011 adrianAATTsuse.de
- update to version 0.9.6
+ speed and picture quality improvements
Sat Feb 12 13:00:00 2011 dimstarAATTopensuse.org
- Use make_install instead of makeinstall: has the side effect of
fixing Fedora builds.
Wed Dec 1 13:00:00 2010 adrianAATTsuse.de
- update to version 0.9.5, find details in CHANGES file
+ reworked command line utils
+ lib has general big speed and quality improvements
+ hardware acceleration via MMX and SSE is supported if available
Mon Sep 13 14:00:00 2010 vuntzAATTopensuse.org
- Fix license tags: libvpx0 has no GPLv2+ code and should be BSD3c
only. Update the other tags to mention BSD3c instead of
\"BSD-style license\", which is something license.opensuse.org
Tue Aug 24 14:00:00 2010 dimstarAATTopensuse.org
- Update to version 0.9.1:
- ivfenc/ivfdec now support YUV4MPEG2 input and pipe I/O
- Speed optimizations
- Rate control
- Prevent out-of-bounds accesses on invalid data
+ Build system updates:
- Detect toolchain to be used automatically for native builds
- Support building shared libraries
- Better autotools emulation (--prefix, --libdir, DESTDIR)
- Pass --enable-pic, enable-shared & --enable-debug to configure
- Split out libvpx0 according SLPP.
- Drop upstream.diff (merged)
- Rename buildfix.diff to libvpx-define-config_pic.patch and tag
the patch line.
- clean spec-file (spec-cleaner).
Fri Jun 4 14:00:00 2010 tittiatcokeAATTgmail.com
- Initial package
* based on the latest svn snapshot
* Included patch to fix build for openSUSE <= 11.2