Changelog for libjpeg8-8.2.2-145.1.x86_64.rpm
Thu Jan 24 13:00:00 2019 Jan Engelhardt
- Use -Og for debug_build
Thu Jan 3 13:00:00 2019 Petr Gajdos
- security update
* CVE-2018-20330 [bsc#1120646]
Wed Jan 2 13:00:00 2019 Petr Gajdos
- security update
* CVE-2018-19644 [bsc#1117890]
Mon Dec 3 13:00:00 2018 Petr Gajdos
- asan_build: build ASAN included
- debug_build: build more suitable for debugging
Tue Nov 13 13:00:00 2018 Petr Gajdos
- update to version 2.0.1:
* jsimd_quantize_float_dspr2() and jsimd_convsamp_float_dspr2()
functions in the MIPS DSPr2 SIMD extensions are now disabled
at compile time if the soft float ABI is enabled
* Fixed a regression in the SIMD feature detection code,
introduced by the AVX2 SIMD extensions
* Fixed out-of-bounds read in cjpeg that occurred when attempting
to compress a specially-crafted malformed color-index
(8-bit-per-sample) Targa file
Mon Sep 24 14:00:00 2018 schwabAATTsuse.de
- Define FLOATTEST=64bit on ppc
- ctest-depends.patch: Add missing testsuite depedencies
Wed Aug 8 14:00:00 2018 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Update description and switch out MMX/SSE by the more generic
Wed Aug 1 14:00:00 2018 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Version update to 2.0.0:
* Cmake as a buildsystem
* avx support
* Better error handling
* More use of SSE2
- Drop patch libjpeg-1.4.0-ocloexec.patch; conflicts, would be better
handled by upstream anyway
- Drop patches merged upstream:
Tue Jun 19 14:00:00 2018 pgajdosAATTsuse.com
- security update:
* CVE-2018-1152 [bsc#1098155]
Tue Jun 12 14:00:00 2018 pgajdosAATTsuse.com
- security update:
* CVE-2018-11813 [bsc#1096209]
* remove redundant libjpeg-turbo-CVE-2017-15232.patch
Mon Dec 18 13:00:00 2017 pgajdosAATTsuse.com
- - update to version 1.5.3
1. Fixed a NullPointerException in the TurboJPEG Java wrapper that occurred
when using the YUVImage constructor that creates an instance backed by separate
image planes and allocates memory for the image planes.
2. Fixed an issue whereby the Java version of TJUnitTest would fail when
testing BufferedImage encoding/decoding on big endian systems.
3. Fixed a segfault in djpeg that would occur if an output format other than
PPM/PGM was selected along with the `-crop` option. The `-crop` option now
works with the GIF and Targa formats as well (unfortunately, it cannot be made
to work with the BMP and RLE formats due to the fact that those output engines
write scanlines in bottom-up order.) djpeg will now exit gracefully if an
output format other than PPM/PGM, GIF, or Targa is selected along with the
4. Fixed an issue whereby `jpeg_skip_scanlines()` would segfault if color
quantization was enabled.
5. TJBench (both C and Java versions) will now display usage information if any
command-line argument is unrecognized. This prevents the program from silently
6. Fixed an access violation in tjbench.exe (Windows) that occurred when the
program was used to decompress an existing JPEG image.
7. Fixed an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in the TJExample Java program that
occurred when attempting to decompress a JPEG image that had been compressed
with 4:1:1 chrominance subsampling.
8. Fixed an issue whereby, when using `jpeg_skip_scanlines()` to skip to the
end of a single-scan (non-progressive) image, subsequent calls to
`jpeg_consume_input()` would return `JPEG_SUSPENDED` rather than
9. `jpeg_crop_scanlines()` now works correctly when decompressing grayscale
JPEG images that were compressed with a sampling factor other than 1 (for
instance, with `cjpeg -grayscale -sample 2x2`).
Thu Oct 12 14:00:00 2017 pgajdosAATTsuse.com
- security update:
* CVE-2017-15232 [bsc#1062937]
Thu Oct 12 14:00:00 2017 pgajdosAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.5.2
+ Fixed several memory leaks in the TurboJPEG API library that
could occur if the library was built with certain compilers
and optimization levels.
+ The libjpeg-turbo memory manager will now honor the
max_memory_to_use structure member in jpeg_memory_mgr,
which can be set to the maximum amount of memory (in bytes)
that libjpeg-turbo should use during decompression or
multi-pass (including progressive) compression. This limit
can also be set using the JPEGMEM environment variable or
using the -maxmemory switch in cjpeg/djpeg/jpegtran.
+ TJBench will now run each benchmark for 1 second prior to
starting the timer, in order to improve the consistency of
the results. Furthermore, the -warmup option is now used to
specify the amount of warmup time rather than the number of
+ Fixed an error (short jump is out of range) that occurred
when assembling the 32-bit x86 SIMD extensions with NASM
versions prior to 2.04.
+ Fixed a regression introduced by 1.5 beta1 that prevented
the Java version of TJBench from outputting any reference images
(the -nowrite switch was accidentally enabled by default.)
libjpeg-turbo should now build and run with full AltiVec SIMD
acceleration on PowerPC-based AmigaOS 4 and OpenBSD systems.
Wed Jan 18 13:00:00 2017 bwiedemannAATTsuse.com
- set build date to enable reproducible builds
Wed Sep 21 14:00:00 2016 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.5.1 fate#324061
+ Fix for PowerPC platforms lacking AltiVec instructions
+ Fix ABI problem with clang/llvm on aarch64.
+ Fancy upsampling is now supported when decompressing JPEG
images that use 4:4:0 (h1v2) chroma subsampling.
+ If merged upsampling isn\'t SIMD-accelerated but YCbCr-to-RGB
conversion is, then libjpeg-turbo will now disable merged
upsampling when decompressing YCbCr JPEG images into RGB
or extended RGB output images. This significantly speeds up
the decompression of 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 JPEGs on ARM platforms
if fancy upsampling is not used
(for example, if the -nosmooth option to djpeg is specified.)
+ The TurboJPEG API will now decompress 4:2:2 and 4:4:0 JPEG
images with 2x2 luminance sampling factors and 2x1 or 1x2
chrominance sampling factors.
+ Fixed an unsigned integer overflow in the libjpeg memory manager.
+ Fixed additional negative left shifts and other issues reported
by the GCC and Clang undefined behavior sanitizers when
attempting to decompress specially-crafted malformed JPEG
images. None of these issues posed a security threat, but
removing the warnings makes it easier to detect actual
security issues, should they arise in the future.
+ Fixed an out-of-bounds array reference, introduced by
1.4.902 and detected by the Clang undefined behavior sanitizer,
that could be triggered by a specially-crafted malformed
JPEG image with more than four components. Because the
out-of-bounds reference was still within the same structure,
it was not known to pose a security threat, but removing
the warning makes it easier to detect actual security issues,
should they arise in the future.
Wed Jun 8 14:00:00 2016 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.5.0
+ Fixed an issue whereby a malformed motion-JPEG frame could
cause the \"fast path\" of libjpeg-turbo\'s Huffman decoder to
read from uninitialized memory.
+ Added libjpeg-turbo version and build information to the global
string table of the libjpeg and TurboJPEG API libraries.
+ Fixed a couple of issues in the PPM reader that would cause
buffer overruns in cjpeg if one of the values in a binary
PPM/PGM input file exceeded the maximum value defined in the
file\'s header. libjpeg-turbo 1.4.2 already included a similar
fix for ASCII PPM/PGM files. Note that these issues were not
security bugs, since they were confined to the cjpeg program
and did not affect any of the libjpeg-turbo libraries.
+ Fixed an issue whereby attempting to decompress a JPEG file with
a corrupt header using the tjDecompressToYUV2() function would
cause the function to abort without returning an error and,
under certain circumstances, corrupt the stack. This only
occurred if tjDecompressToYUV2() was called prior to calling
tjDecompressHeader3(), or if the return value from
tjDecompressHeader3() was ignored (both cases represent
incorrect usage of the TurboJPEG API.)
+ The jpeg_stdio_src(), jpeg_mem_src(), jpeg_stdio_dest(),
and jpeg_mem_dest() functions in the libjpeg API will now
throw an error if a source/destination manager has already
been assigned to the compress or decompress object by a
different function or by the calling program.
Thu Oct 8 14:00:00 2015 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.4.2
+ Crash fixes
+ clang compatibility fixes
+ See the included ChangeLog.txt for the details
- Drop libjpeg-turbo-1.4.0-int32.patch, not needed anymore.
- Drop libjpeg-turbo-remove-test.patch, fixed upstream.
Thu Mar 5 13:00:00 2015 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Remove useless same-name provides. Use download URLs not
dependent on directory structure.
Mon Mar 2 13:00:00 2015 normandAATTlinux.vnet.ibm.com
- Remove float tests with new libjpeg-turbo-remove-test.patch
same as Fedora bug 1161585 related to upstream issue
Sat Jan 10 13:00:00 2015 p.drouandAATTgmail.com
- Update to version 1.4.0
+ Fixed a build issue on OS X PowerPC platforms (md5cmp failed to build
because OS X does not provide the le32toh() and htole32() functions.)
+ The non-SIMD RGB565 color conversion code did not work correctly on big
endian machines. This has been fixed.
+ Fixed an issue in tjPlaneSizeYUV() whereby it would erroneously return 1
instead of -1 if componentID was > 0 and subsamp was TJSAMP_GRAY.
+ Fixed an issue in tjBufSizeYUV2() wherby it would erroneously return 0
instead of -1 if width was < 1.
+ The Huffman encoder now uses clz and bsr instructions for bit counting on
ARM64 platforms (see 1.4 beta1 .)
+ The close() method in the TJCompressor and TJDecompressor Java classes is
now idempotent. Previously, that method would call the native tjDestroy()
function even if the TurboJPEG instance had already been destroyed. This
caused an exception to be thrown during finalization, if the close() method had
already been called. The exception was caught, but it was still an expensive
+ The TurboJPEG API previously generated an error (\"Could not determine
subsampling type for JPEG image\") when attempting to decompress grayscale JPEG
images that were compressed with a sampling factor other than 1 (for instance,
with \'cjpeg -grayscale -sample 2x2\'). Subsampling technically has no meaning
with grayscale JPEGs, and thus the horizontal and vertical sampling factors
for such images are ignored by the decompressor. However, the TurboJPEG API
was being too rigid and was expecting the sampling factors to be equal to 1
before it treated the image as a grayscale JPEG.
+ cjpeg, djpeg, and jpegtran now accept an argument of -version, which will
print the library version and exit.
+ Referring to 1.4 beta1 , another extremely rare circumstance was
discovered under which the Huffman encoder\'s local buffer can be overrun
when a buffered destination manager is being used and an
extremely-high-frequency block (basically junk image data) is being encoded.
Even though the Huffman local buffer was increased from 128 bytes to 136 bytes
to address the previous issue, the new issue caused even the larger buffer to
be overrun. Further analysis reveals that, in the absolute worst case (such as
setting alternating AC coefficients to 32767 and -32768 in the JPEG scanning
order), the Huffman encoder can produce encoded blocks that approach double the
size of the unencoded blocks. Thus, the Huffman local buffer was increased to
256 bytes, which should prevent any such issue from re-occurring in the future.
+ The new tjPlaneSizeYUV(), tjPlaneWidth(), and tjPlaneHeight() functions
were not actually usable on any platform except OS X and Windows, because
those functions were not included in the libturbojpeg mapfile. This has been
+ Restored the JPP(), JMETHOD(), and FAR macros in the libjpeg-turbo header
files. The JPP() and JMETHOD() macros were originally implemented in libjpeg
as a way of supporting non-ANSI compilers that lacked support for prototype
parameters. libjpeg-turbo has never supported such compilers, but some
software packages still use the macros to define their own prototypes.
Similarly, libjpeg-turbo has never supported MS-DOS and other platforms that
have far symbols, but some software packages still use the FAR macro. A pretty
good argument can be made that this is a bad practice on the part of the
software in question, but since this affects more than one package, it\'s just
easier to fix it here.
+ Fixed issues that were preventing the ARM 64-bit SIMD code from compiling
for iOS, and included an ARMv8 architecture in all of the binaries installed by
the \"official\" libjpeg-turbo SDK for OS X.
- Adapt patches to upstream changes
libjpeg-ocloexec.patch > libjpeg-1.4.0-ocloexec.patch
libjpeg-turbo-1.3.0-int32.patch > libjpeg-turbo-1.4.0-int32.patch
- Remove libjpeg-turbo-CVE-2014-9092.patch; fixed on upstream release
- Bump tminor to 1
Thu Nov 27 13:00:00 2014 pgajdosAATTsuse.com
- security update CVE-2014-9092 [bnc#906761]
* added libjpeg-turbo-CVE-2014-9092.patch
Wed Oct 15 14:00:00 2014 olafAATTaepfle.de
- Obsolete jpeg version 6b, 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 to avoid conflicts
during zypper dup
Mon Mar 31 14:00:00 2014 pgajdosAATTsuse.com
- update to 1.3.1:
* Fixed a bug whereby attempting to encode a progressive JPEG
with arithmetic entropy coding (by passing arguments of
- progressive -arithmetic to cjpeg or jpegtran, for instance)
would result in an error, \"Requested feature was omitted at
* Fixed a couple of issues whereby malformed JPEG images would
cause libjpeg-turbo to use uninitialized memory during
* Fixed an error (\"Buffer passed to JPEG library is too small\")
that occurred when calling the TurboJPEG YUV encoding function
with a very small (< 5x5) source image, and added a unit test
to check for this error.
* etc. see ChangeLog.txt
Thu Feb 20 13:00:00 2014 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Provide right name for turbo library 32bit generating.
Fri Feb 7 13:00:00 2014 tchvatalAATTsuse.com
- Require libturbojpeg in the devel package.
Otherwise we just have dangling symlink there.
Tue Sep 10 14:00:00 2013 pgajdosAATTsuse.com
- update do 1.3.0:
* Fixed a Huffman encoder bug that prevented I/O suspension from
* Added support for additional scaling factors (3/8, 5/8, 3/4,
7/8, 9/8, 5/4, 11/8, 3/2, 13/8, 7/4, 15/8, and 2) when
decompressing. Note that the IDCT will not be SIMD-accelerated
when using any of these new scaling factors.
* The tjDecompressToYUV() function now supports the TJFLAG_FASTDCT
* cjpeg can now be used to generate JPEG files with the RGB
colorspace (feature ported from jpeg-8d.)
* etc. see ChangeLog.txt
Mon May 27 14:00:00 2013 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- Build with full RELRO as this library is exposed to
possible malicious images.
Fri May 17 14:00:00 2013 pgajdosAATTsuse.com
- libjpeg62-turbo package created [bnc#807183]
Mon Aug 13 14:00:00 2012 dmuellerAATTsuse.com
- selfconflicts are not possible, remove it
Mon Jul 23 14:00:00 2012 pgajdosAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.2.1:
* fixed heap overflow [bnc#771791]
Thu Mar 22 13:00:00 2012 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.2.0
* Fixed out-of-bounds read in SSE2 SIMD code
* Added a compile-time macro (LIBJPEG_TURBO_VERSION) that can
be used to check the version of libjpeg-turbo against which
an application was compiled.
* Added new RGBA/BGRA/ABGR/ARGB colorspace extension constants
* libjpeg-turbo will now correctly decompress erroneous
CMYK/YCCK JPEGs whose K component is assigned a component ID
of 1 instead of 4.
* Added SIMD routines for RGB-to-grayscale color conversion
* Improved the performance of the C color conversion routines
* Added a function to the TurboJPEG API that performs lossless
* Added support for 4:4:0 (transposed 4:2:2) subsampling
Sat Nov 19 13:00:00 2011 cooloAATTsuse.com
- add libtool as buildrequire to avoid implicit dependency
Sat Nov 12 13:00:00 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- Open all file descriptors with O_CLOEXEC, extended description
in the patch file.
Thu May 19 14:00:00 2011 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz
- updated to 1.1.1:
* Fixed a 1-pixel error in row 0, column 21 of the luminance
plane generated by tjEncodeYUV().
* libjpeg-turbo\'s accelerated Huffman decoder previously
ignored unexpected markers found in the middle of the
JPEG data stream during decompression. It will now
hand off decoding of a particular block to the unaccelerated
Huffman decoder if an unexpected marker is found, so that
the unaccelerated Huffman decoder can generate an appropriate
* Fixed a bug in jpeg_read_coefficients() whereby it would
not initialize cinfo->image_width and cinfo->image_height
if libjpeg v7 or v8 emulation was enabled. This specifically
caused the jpegoptim program to fail if it was linked against
a version of libjpeg-turbo that was built with libjpeg v7 or
* Eliminated excessive I/O overhead that occurred when reading
BMP files in cjpeg.
Thu Mar 3 13:00:00 2011 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz
- updated to 1.1.0:
* Added further protections against invalid Huffman codes.
* Added an extended version of tjDecompressHeader().
* Added arithmetic encoding and decoding support.
* TurboJPEG/OSS can now compress from/decompress to
* Added emulation of the libjpeg v7 and v8 APIs and ABIs.
* Added two new TurboJPEG API functions, tjEncodeYUV() and
* The TurboJPEG dynamic library now uses versioned symbols.
* Fixed visual artifacts in grayscale JPEG compression
caused by a typo in the RGB-to-chrominance lookup tables.
- see ChangeLog.txt for details.
- removed upstreamed jpegtran.patch and rh639672.patch
Tue Dec 14 13:00:00 2010 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz
- spec file cleanup
Fri Dec 10 13:00:00 2010 pgajdosAATTnovell.com
- this jpeg version will be the default to the prejudice of jpeg8
from now on
Sun Nov 7 13:00:00 2010 prusnakAATTopensuse.org
- created package based on Fedora one (v 1.0.1)