Changelog for libsodium23-1.0.17-76.1.x86_64.rpm
Sat Feb 2 13:00:00 2019 ecsosAATTopensuse.org
- Update to 1.0.17
- Bug fix: sodium_pad() didn\'t properly support block sizes
>= 256 bytes.
- JS/WebAssembly: some old iOS versions can\'t instantiate the
- JS/WebAssembly: compatibility with newer Emscripten versions.
- Bug fix: crypto_pwhash_scryptsalsa208sha256_str_verify() and
returnEINVAL` on input strings with a short length, unlike
their high-level counterpart.
- Added a workaround for Visual Studio 2010 bug causing CPU
features not to be detected.
- Portability improvements.
- Test vectors from Project Wycheproof have been added.
- New low-level APIs for arithmetic mod the order of the prime
- New low-level APIs for scalar multiplication without clamping:
These new APIs are especially useful for blinding.
- sodium_sub() has been implemented.
- Support for WatchOS has been added.
- getrandom(2) is now used on FreeBSD 12+.
- The nonnull attribute has been added to all relevant
- More reliable AVX512 detection.
Fri Jul 13 14:00:00 2018 dimstarAATTopensuse.org
- Add baselibs.conf: build libsodium23-32bit, which is required by
zeromq\'s -32bit packages.
Thu Jul 12 14:00:00 2018 mpluskalAATTsuse.com
- Add gpg signature
- Modernise spec file with spec-cleaner
Fri Dec 29 13:00:00 2017 adam.majerAATTsuse.de
- Enable verbose make output when building tests
Wed Dec 13 13:00:00 2017 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to 1.0.16
* Signatures computations and verifications are now way faster
on 64-bit platforms with compilers supporting 128-bit
arithmetic (gcc, clang, icc). This includes the WebAssembly
* New low-level APIs for computations over edwards25519:
crypto_core_ed25519_sub() and crypto_core_ed25519_from_uniform()
(elligator representative to point).
* crypto_sign_open(), crypto_sign_verify_detached() and
crypto_sign_edwards25519sha512batch_open` now reject public
keys in non-canonical form in addition to low-order points.
* The library can be built with ED25519_NONDETERMINISTIC defined
in order to use synthetic nonces for EdDSA. This is disabled
* sodium_stackzero() was added to wipe content off the stack.
* The Salsa20-based PRNG example is now thread-safe on platforms
with support for thread-local storage, optionally mixes bits
* Argon2 and scrypt are slightly faster on Linux.
Sun Oct 8 14:00:00 2017 ilyaAATTilya.pp.ua
- Refresh spec-file.
- Update to 1.0.15.
* Release notes: https://github.com/jedisct1/libsodium/releases/tag/1.0.15
* The default password hashing algorithm is now Argon2id.
* The pwhash_str_verify() function can still verify Argon2i hashes without any changes,
and pwhash() can still compute Argon2i hashes as well.
* The aes128ctr primitive was removed. It was slow, non-standard, not authenticated,
and didn\'t seem to be used by any opensource project.
* Argon2id required at least 3 passes like Argon2i, despite a minimum of 1
as defined by the OPSLIMIT_MIN constant. This has been fixed.
* The secretstream construction was slightly changed to be consistent with forthcoming variants.
a .ready promise that will resolve after the Webassembly code is loaded and compiled.
* Note that due to these incompatible changes, the library version major was bumped up.
Thu Sep 28 14:00:00 2017 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.0.14
* Internal consistency checks failing and primitives used with
dangerous/out-of-bounds/invalid parameters used to call abort(3).
Now, a custom handler that doesn\'t return can be set with the
set_sodium_misuse() function. It still aborts by default or if
the handler ever returns. This is not a replacement for non-fatal,
expected runtime errors. This handler will be only called in
unexpected situations due to potential bugs in the library or in
*_MESSAGEBYTES_MAX macros (and the corresponding _messagebytes_max()
symbols) have been added to represent the maximum message size that
can be safely handled by a primitive. Language bindings are
encouraged to check user inputs against these maximum lengths.
* The test suite has been extended to cover more edge cases.
* crypto_sign_ed25519_pk_to_curve25519() now rejects points that
are not on the curve, or not in the main subgroup.
* Further changes have been made to ensure that smart compilers
will not optimize out code that we don\'t want to be optimized.
* The sodium_runtime_has_
* symbols for CPU features detection are
now defined as weak symbols, i.e. they can be replaced with an
application-defined implementation. This can be useful to
* when temperature/power consumption is a concern.
*() now aborts if called with no non-NULL pointers
to store keys to.
* SSE2 implementations of crypto_verify_
*() have been added.
* Passwords can be hashed using a specific algorithm with the new
* Due to popular demand, base64 encoding (sodium_bin2base64())
and decoding (sodium_base642bin()) have been implemented.
* A new crypto_secretstream_
*() API was added to safely encrypt
files and multi-part messages.
* The sodium_pad() and sodium_unpad() helper functions have been
added in order to add & remove padding.
* An AVX512 optimized implementation of Argon2 has been added.
* The crypto_pwhash_str_needs_rehash() function was added to check
if a password hash string matches the given parameters, or if it
needs an update.
Updates from 1.0.13
* An AVX2 optimized implementation of the Argon2 round function was added.
* The Argon2id variant of Argon2 has been implemented. The high-level
crypto_pwhash_str_verify() function automatically detects the
algorithm and can verify both Argon2i and Argon2id hashed passwords.
The default algorithm for newly hashed passwords remains Argon2i
in this version to avoid breaking compatibility with verifiers
running libsodium <= 1.0.12.
* A crypto_box_curve25519xchacha20poly1305_seal
*() function set was implemented.
Mon Mar 13 13:00:00 2017 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.0.12
* Ed25519ph was implemented, adding a multi-part signature API
(crypto_sign_init(), crypto_sign_update(), crypto_sign_final_
* New constants and related accessors have been added for Scrypt
* XChaCha20 has been implemented. Like XSalsa20, this construction
extends the ChaCha20 cipher to accept a 192-bit nonce. This
makes it safe to use ChaCha20 with random nonces.
* crypto_secretbox, crypto_box and crypto_aead now offer variants
* SHA-2 is about 20% faster, which also gives a speed boost to
signature and signature verification.
* AVX2 implementations of Salsa20 and ChaCha20 have been added.
They are twice as fast as the SSE2 implementations. The speed
gain is even more significant on Windows, that previously
didn\'t use vectorized implementations.
* New high-level API: crypto_kdf, to easily derive one or more
subkeys from a master key.
* Siphash with a 128-bit output has been implemented, and is
available as crypto_shorthash_siphashx_
*_keygen() helpers functions have been added to create
secret keys for all constructions. This improves code clarity
and can prevent keys from being partially initialized.
* A new randombytes_buf_deterministic() function was added to
deterministically fill a memory region with pseudorandom data.
This function can especially be useful to write reproducible tests.
* A preliminary crypto_kx_
*() API was added to compute shared
* AVX2 detection is more reliable.
Sat Aug 6 14:00:00 2016 iAATTmarguerite.su
- update version 1.0.11
* sodium_init() is now thread-safe, and can be safely called
* Better support for old gcc versions.
* AVX2 detection was fixed, resulting in faster BLAKE2b hashing
on platforms where it was not properly detected.
* The Sandy2x Curve25519 implementation was not as fast as
expected on some platforms. This has been fixed.
* The NativeClient target was improved. Most notably, it now
supports optimized implementations, and uses pepper_49 by default.
* The library can be compiled with recent Emscripten versions.
Changes have been made to produce smaller code, and the default
heap size was reduced in the standard version.
* Decryption functions can now accept a NULL pointer for the output.
This checks the MAC without writing the decrypted message.
* crypto_generichash_final() now returns -1 if called twice.
Tue Apr 5 14:00:00 2016 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.0.10
* Compile fix update for older GCCs
Sat Apr 2 14:00:00 2016 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.0.9
* A detached API was added to the ChaCha20-Poly1305 and AES256-GCM
* The Argon2i password hashing function was added, and is accessible
directly and through a new, high-level crypto_pwhash API.
The scrypt function remains available as well.
* A speed-record AVX2 implementation of BLAKE2b was added.
* Countermeasures for Ed25519 signatures malleability have been
added to match the irtf-cfrg-eddsa draft.
* The HChaCha20 core function was implemented (crypto_core_hchacha20()).
* No-op stubs were added for all AES256-GCM public functions even
when compiled on non-Intel platforms.
* crypt_generichash_blake2b_statebytes() was added.
* New macros were added for the IETF variant of the ChaCha20-Poly1305
Fri Dec 25 13:00:00 2015 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.0.8
* Handle the case where the CPU supports AVX, but we are running
on an hypervisor with AVX disabled/not supported.
* Faster (2x) scalarmult_base() when using the ref10 implementation.
Tue Dec 8 13:00:00 2015 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.0.7
* Sandy2x, the fastest Curve25519 implementation ever,
has been merged in, and is automatically used on CPUs
supporting the AVX instructions set.
* An SSE2 optimized implementation of Poly1305 was added,
and is twice as fast as the portable one.
* An SSSE3 optimized implementation of ChaCha20 was added,
and is twice as fast as the portable one.
* Faster sodium_increment() for common nonce sizes.
* New helper functions have been added: sodium_is_zero()
Tue Dec 1 13:00:00 2015 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Follow upstream\'s lead and compile with -flto for > 13.2 on x86
Mon Nov 2 13:00:00 2015 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to 1.0.6
* Optimized implementations of Blake2 have been added for modern
Intel platforms. crypto_generichash() is now faster than MD5 and
SHA1 implementations while being far more secure.
* The crypto_sign_edwards25519sha512batch_
*() functions have been
tagged as deprecated.
* sodium_compare() now works as documented, and compares numbers
in little-endian format instead of behaving like memcmp().
* sodium_runtime_has_ssse3() and sodium_runtime_has_sse41() have
Wed Oct 21 14:00:00 2015 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Now that gcc 5.2 is available on TW, remove the ARMv7 workaround.
Sun Oct 18 14:00:00 2015 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to 1.0.4
* Support for AES256-GCM has been added. This requires a CPU with
the aesni and pclmul extensions, and is accessible via the
* ChaCha20 with an extended (96 bit) nonce and a 32-bit counter has
been implemented as crypto_stream_chacha20_ietf(),
crypto_stream_chacha20_ietf_xor() and crypto_stream_chacha20_ietf_xor_ic().
An IETF-compatible version of ChaCha20Poly1305 is available as
* The sodium_increment() helper function has been added, to increment
an arbitrary large number (such as a nonce).
* The sodium_compare() helper function has been added, to compare
arbitrary large numbers (such as nonces, in order to prevent replay attacks).
Wed May 13 14:00:00 2015 mpluskalAATTsuse.com
- Update to 1.0.3
* In addition to sodium_bin2hex(), sodium_hex2bin() is now a
* crypto_stream_xsalsa20_ic() has been added.
* crypto_generichash_statebytes(), crypto_auth_
*_statebytes() have been added in order to
retrieve the size of structures keeping states from foreign
external randombytes() implementation any more. Other minor
Emscripten-related improvements have been made in order to
* Custom randombytes implementations do not need to provide
their own implementation of randombytes_uniform() any more.
randombytes_stir() and randombytes_close() can also be NULL
pointers if they are not required.
* On Linux, getrandom(2) is being used instead of directly
accessing /dev/urandom, if the kernel supports this system
* crypto_box_seal() and crypto_box_seal_open() have been added.
* A solutions for Visual Studio 2015 was added.
Fri Jan 16 13:00:00 2015 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.0.2
* The _easy and _detached APIs now support precalculated keys
* sodium_free() can now be called on regions with PROT_NONE
* Memory allocation functions can now be used on operating systems
with no memory protection.
Wed Sep 24 14:00:00 2014 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.0.0
* The API and ABI are now stable.
* crypto_sign() properly works with overlapping regions again.
* The test suite has been extended.
Thu Aug 28 14:00:00 2014 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 0.7.0
* Added sodium_malloc() and sodium_allocarray() for secure memory
* ed25519 keys can be converted to curve25519 keys with
* aes256 was removed.
Wed Jul 16 14:00:00 2014 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 0.6.1
* The ChaCha20 stream cipher has been added
* The ChaCha20Poly1305 AEAD construction has been implemented
* crypto_onetimeauth() now provides a streaming interface.
* New API: crypto_sign_detached() and crypto_sign_verify_detached()
Wed May 14 14:00:00 2014 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 0.5.0
* sodium_mlock()/sodium_munlock() have been introduced.
* Added high-level wrappers for crypto_box and crypto_secretbox
* Added crypto_pwhash_scryptxsalsa208sha256
* Salsa20 and ed25519 implementations now support overlapping
* The poly1305-53 implementation has been replaced with Floodyberry\'s
poly1305-donna32 and poly1305-donna64 implementations
* sodium_hex2bin() has been added to complement sodium_bin2hex()
* crypto_auth_hmac_sha512() has been implemented
* sha256 and sha512 now have a streaming interface
* hmacsha256, hmacsha512 and hmacsha512256 now support keys of
arbitrary length, and have a streaming interface
* crypto_verify_64() has been implemented
* CPU features are now detected at runtime
Fri May 2 14:00:00 2014 iAATTmarguerite.su
- Update to version 0.4.5
* Restore compatibility with OSX <= 10.6
Tue Oct 22 14:00:00 2013 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 0.4.4
* Big-endian architectures are now supported.
* The donna_c64 implementation of curve25519_donna_c64 now handles
non-canonical points like the ref implementation.
* Missing scalarmult_curve25519 and stream_salsa20 constants are
* A crypto_onetimeauth_poly1305_ref() wrapper has been added.
Wed Sep 11 14:00:00 2013 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Initial release for build.opensuse.org