Changelog for python3-matplotlib-qt4-2.0.2-4.7.x86_64.rpm
Tue Jan 30 13:00:00 2018 rolfAATTrotkraut.de
- Update required versions.
Mon Oct 9 14:00:00 2017 stefan.bruensAATTrwth-aachen.de
- Fix/enhance build with tests:
- set PYTHONPATH, otherwise tests will not find the python
modules installed to the buildroot
- Add BuildRequires for several tex styles/resources
- Add BuildRequires: xorg-x11-Xvfb, needed for Qt backend tests
- Remove python-Pillow, tests are only using png, not e.g jpeg
- increase image compare tolerance, our Freetype 2.7 renders
slightly different to the baseline FT 2.6
- Add upstream 0001-Allow-divmod-to-be-overridden-by-num.patch,
to cope with numpy 1.13 changes
- Add upstream 166a14473272_Fix-contour-colour-level-determination.patch
- Add upstream 97e170d2fc2c_Pass-integers-to-np_linspace.patch
Mon Oct 9 14:00:00 2017 stefan.bruensAATTrwth-aachen.de
- Also remove runtime-only python-tk dependecy from BuildRequires:
Sat Oct 7 14:00:00 2017 stefan.bruensAATTrwth-aachen.de
- Rebase the matplotlib setup.cfg on upstream version
- Guard several BuildRequires: which are not necessary for building
with the \"tests\" conditional, most backends are pure python
- Do not install/package baseline images only necessary for tests,
shrinks the main package by 60 MByte
Thu Aug 10 14:00:00 2017 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Update to version 2.0.2
Critical bug fixes for 2.0.1
* fixed Qt4 support
* fixed LogFormatter
* fixed hatched artists in legends
* fixed segfault with large images
- Update to version 2.0.1
Bug fix release for 2.0.x series
This release includes bug fixes, documentation updates and one major change.
* Do not clip the linewidth used for dash pattern scaling. This is
an API change, but is a major improvement.
* Deprecate \'vega\' color names in favor of \'tab\'.
+ Bug Fixes
* Hatching color follows edge color again.
* Fixes a critical bug with masked images.
* Improved high-dpi support for Qt5.
* Log ticking no never skip minor ticks
* Do not skip points surrounded by nan/inf in vector outputs.
- Disable backends on releases that don\'t support them.
Thu Jul 13 14:00:00 2017 stefan.bruensAATTrwth-aachen.de
- Add 0001-Fix-include-path-for-system-libqhull.patch
Avoid falling back to outdated bundled version
Sun Apr 30 14:00:00 2017 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Restore qt4 backend since qt4 still has maintained,
python3-comptible python bindings.
- Provide/obsolete gtk backend to avoid conflicts.
It doesn\'t have maintained, python3-compatible python bindings.
Mon Mar 27 14:00:00 2017 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Implement single-spec version
- Drop old qt4 and gtk2 backends
- Drop unmaintained qt designer widget
Fri Mar 10 13:00:00 2017 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Fix file list
Fri Jan 20 13:00:00 2017 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Add python-functools32 dependency.
Tue Jan 17 13:00:00 2017 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- update to version 2.0.0
+ Highlights include:
* \'viridis\' is default color map instead of jet.
* Modernized the default color cycle.
* Many more functions respect the color cycle.
* Line dash patterns scale with linewidth.
* Change default font to DejaVu, now supports most Western alphabets (including Greek, Cyrillic and Latin with diacritics), math symbols and emoji out of the box.
* Faster text rendering.
* Improved auto-limits.
* Ticks out and only on the right and bottom spines by default.
* Improved auto-ticking, particularly for log scales and dates.
* Improved image support (imshow respects scales and eliminated a class of artifacts).
Fri Dec 2 13:00:00 2016 sbahlingAATTsuse.com
- update to version 1.5.3
* Changed default autorange behavior in boxplots (introduced with
- Change BuildRequires and Recommends from python-Pillow to
python-imaging to allow for SLE 12 builds. (python-Pillow
Sat Jul 30 14:00:00 2016 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Make use of wxWidgets 3
Fri Feb 26 13:00:00 2016 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com
- Require python-python-dateutil. package was renamed
Mon Jan 11 13:00:00 2016 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Update to version 1.5.1:
First bug fix release for 1.5.x series.
Wed Dec 2 13:00:00 2015 egeorgetAATTopenmailbox.org
- Enabled qt5 on Leap 42.1
- Enabled wx on Leap 42.1
Wed Nov 25 13:00:00 2015 p.drouandAATTgmail.com
- Drop agg-devel dependenxy; useless
Fri Oct 30 13:00:00 2015 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Add new python-Cycler dependency
Fri Oct 30 13:00:00 2015 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Update to 1.5.0
* Auto-redraw using the object-oriented API.
* Most plotting functions now support labeled data API.
* Color cycling has extended to all style properties.
* Four new perceptually uniform color maps, including the
soon-to-be default \'viridis\'.
* More included style sheets.
* Many small plotting improvements.
* Proposed new framework for managing the GUI toolbar and tools.
Wed Jul 1 14:00:00 2015 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Disable qt5 on SLE 12
- Disable wx on SLE 11 and 12
- Disable latex and gtk3 on SLE 11
- Don\'t require texlive-sfmath on SLE 12
- Disable qt5 on ppc and arm
- Depend on libxml2 instead of libxml2-tools
Thu May 21 14:00:00 2015 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Fix installed files
Mon Mar 2 13:00:00 2015 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
* update url
* update source url to point to pypi
- update to version 1.4.3:
* Many bugs are fixed including:
- fixing drawing of edge-only markers in AGG
- fix run-away memory usage when using %inline or saving with a
tight bounding box with QuadMesh artists
- improvements to wx and tk gui backends
* Additionally the webagg and nbagg backends were brought closer to
feature parity with the desktop backends with the addition of
keyboard and scroll events thanks to Steven Silvester.
Mon Oct 27 13:00:00 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Update to 1.4.2. This is a bug-fix release for the 1.4 series.
- corrected boxplot in pyplot.py
- added extra paths to default search paths for freetype
Mon Oct 20 14:00:00 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Update to 1.4.1. This is a bug-fix release for the 1.4 series.
- reverts the changes to interactive plotting so ion will work as
before in all cases fixed boxplot regressions
- fixes for finding freetype and libpng
- sundry unicode fixes (looking up user folders, importing
seaborn/pandas/networkx with macosx backend)
- nbagg works with python 3 + new font awesome
- fixed saving dialogue in QT5
Thu Sep 18 14:00:00 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Create subpackage to pull in latex dependencies so they are more
visible to users.
- Comment out testing BuildRequires since we aren\'t doing testing.
We aren\'t doing testing because it takes a long time and a lot
of packages depend on matplotlib, so it slows down the build
process for python packages too much.
Wed Sep 17 14:00:00 2014 jmatejekAATTsuse.com
- downgrade Recommends for texlive (and other big packages) to Suggests
(this means texlive is not pulled in by default zypper settings)
Wed Sep 10 14:00:00 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Dependency and spec file cleanups
- Remove unneeded use-setuptools.diff
Thu Aug 28 14:00:00 2014 dmuellerAATTsuse.com
- adjust python-tz buildrequires to match runtime requires (python-pytz)
Wed Aug 27 14:00:00 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Add new python-cairocffi dependency. This is the recommended
dependency for the cairo backend upstream.
- Split out the cairo backend into its own subpackage. It is no
longer tied to gtk, so people can use it on its own without
pulling in any gtk dependencies.
- Fixed issues with qt. The qt5 backend is actually a generic
qt backend, which the qt4 backend depends on. So it needs to be
available for the qt4 backend to work at all. However, we need
to pull in the python-qt5 package to make it work, and that
package is only available for openSUSE > 13.1. So we need to
split the generic qt stuff, including the qt5 stuff, into a
package both the qt4 and qt5 backends can depend on, and then
create a stub qt5 package that just pulls in python-qt5
- Reorganized some other backend packages based on backend changes
Tue Aug 26 14:00:00 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Update to 1.4.0
* New colormap for red-green color blind users
* Documentation changes
- Phil Elson rewrote of the documentation and userguide for both
Legend and PathEffects.
* New plotting features
- Power-law normalization
- Fully customizable boxplots
- Support for datetime axes in 2d plots
- Support for additional spectrum types
- Support for detrending and windowing 2D arrays in mlab
- Support for strides in mlab
- Formatter for new-style formatting strings
- Consistent grid sizes in streamplots
- Get a list of all tick labels (major and minor)
- Separate horizontal/vertical axes padding support in ImageGrid
- Support for skewed transformations
- Support for specifying properties of wedge and text in pie
- Fixed the direction of errorbar upper/lower limits
- More consistent add-object API for Axes
- Violin Plots
- More `markevery` options to show only a subset of markers
- Added size related functions to specialized `Collections`
- Fixed the mouse coordinates giving the wrong theta value in
- Simple quiver plot for mplot3d toolkit
- polar-plot r-tick locations
* Date handling
- n-d array support for date conversion
* Configuration (rcParams)
- \'savefig.transparent\' added
- \'axes.formatter.useoffset\' added
* XDG compliance
- Matplotlib now looks for configuration files (both rcparams and
style) in XDG compliant locations.
* \'style\' package added
- You can now easily switch between different styles using the
new \'style\' package
- Qt5 backend added
- Qt4 backend
+ Rudolf Höfler changed the appearance of the subplottool.
+ In the figure options dialog one can now choose to
(re-)generate a simple automatic legend.
+ Interactive performance of the Qt4 backend has been
dramatically improved under windows.
+ The mapping of key-signals from Qt to values matplotlib
understands was greatly improved (For both Qt4 and Qt5).
- Cairo backends
+ The Cairo backends are now able to use the cairocffi
bindings, which are more actively maintained than the pycairo
- Gtk3Agg backend
+ The Gtk3Agg backend now works on Python 3.x, if the cairocffi
bindings are installed.
- PDF backend
+ Added context manager for saving to multi-page PDFs.
- Text URLs supported by SVG backend
- Anchored sizebar font
* Sphinx extensions
- The context directive in the plot_directive Sphinx extension
can now accept an optional reset setting, which will cause the
context to be reset.
- Span Selector
* Added an option span_stays to SpanSelector which makes the
selector rectangle stay on the axes after you release the
* GAE integration
- Matplotlib will now run on google app engine.
- Added python-qt5 backend on openSUSE > 13.1
- Spec file cleanups
Wed Jul 16 14:00:00 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Set dummy XDG_RUNTIME_DIR to fix building on openSUSE:Factory
Thu Apr 10 14:00:00 2014 dmuellerAATTsuse.com
- install LICENSE directory and fix license tag
Wed Apr 9 14:00:00 2014 dmuellerAATTsuse.com
- add use-setuptools.diff: build against old setuptools as well
Fri Mar 28 13:00:00 2014 speilickeAATTsuse.com
- Package doc/users/license.rst
Mon Mar 17 13:00:00 2014 iAATTmarguerite.su
- fix bnc#863451
- added windowing.
* to python-matplotlib-tk
- It\'s windowing instead of Windows, a module required by tk backend
Sat Mar 8 13:00:00 2014 bwiedemannAATTsuse.com
- Recommend python-matplotlib-tk because it is the default config
Thu Jan 9 13:00:00 2014 dmuellerAATTsuse.com
- remove qt4/designer subpackages for SLE11, as those can
not be installed without additional updates on a SLES+SDK system
Thu Nov 14 13:00:00 2013 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Enable all backends
- Split most backends into separate packages
- Update dependencies
- Add many optional dependencies
- Make %setup.py quiet
Thu Oct 24 14:00:00 2013 speilickeAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 1.3.1:
+ Many changes
Thu Aug 29 14:00:00 2013 jmatejekAATTsuse.com
- add Requires: python-pyparsing
(the pyparsing module is required for mathtext rendering)
Wed Aug 21 14:00:00 2013 highwaystar.ruAATTgmail.com
- update to 1.3.0
- New features:
* xkcd-style sketch plotting
* New eventplot plot type
* Triangular grid interpolation
* Baselines for stackplot
* Rectangular colorbar extensions
* Calling subplot() without arguments
* Independent alpha values for face and edge colors
* Path effects on lines
* Easier creation of colormap and normalizer for levels with colors
* Full control of the background color
* Improved bbox_inches=\"tight\" functionality
* Initialize a rotated rectangle
* Anchored text support
* Better vertical text alignment and multi-line text
* Left and right side axes titles
* Improved manual contour plot label positioning
- Configuration (rcParams)
* Quickly find rcParams
* Changes to font rcParams
* WebAgg backend
* Remember save directory
- Documentation and examples:
* Numpydoc docstrings
* Example reorganization
* Examples now use subplots()
* New setup script
* XDG base directory support
* Catch opening too many figures using pyplot
- for API changes see
- removed patches needed for python3 package
Mon Nov 12 13:00:00 2012 highwaystar.ruAATTgmail.com
- update to 1.2.0
* Python 3.x support
* PGF/TikZ backend
* Locator interface
* Tri-Surface Plots
* Control the lengths of colorbar extensions
* Figures are picklable
* Set default bounding box in matplotlibrc
* New Boxplot Functionality
* New RC parameter functionality
* New hist functionality
* Updated shipped dependencies
* Face-centred colors in tripcolor plots
* Hatching patterns in filled contour plots, with legends
- python3 package added
Tue Aug 21 14:00:00 2012 highwaystar.ruAATTgmail.com
- bugfix upstream release 1.1.1
Thu Apr 26 14:00:00 2012 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Remove configobj buildrequires, all configobj files should have
been removed from matplotlib years ago
Tue Mar 20 13:00:00 2012 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Fix Qt Designer plugin directories
Fri Mar 16 13:00:00 2012 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- Cleaned up spec file formatting
- Removed tests for obsolete openSUSE versions
- Added Qt Designer plugin from Python(x,y) project
Tue Jan 10 13:00:00 2012 kukukAATTsuse.de
- Fix spec file for SLE11 (Group entries did go lost)
Wed Dec 14 13:00:00 2011 highwaystar.ruAATTgmail.com
- update to 1.1.0
* module for drawing sankey diagrams;
* environment for creating animated graphics – module animation;
* automated positioning charts, labels, and axes on the canvas – a
team tight_layout () will distribute them so that they are not
people came to each other;
* Work on integration with PySide, although functional is still
in the beta-version and it is recommended to continue using
* improved mapping and positioning of the legend;
* simplified work with three-dimensional graphs (module mplot3d),
also significantly expanded and updated documentation on mplot3d;
* uniform markers;
* completely removed the old module support Numerix, now all
users must use Numpy;
* fixes some bugs.
- removed patches that now upstream
Thu Dec 8 13:00:00 2011 cooloAATTsuse.com
- fix license to be in spdx.org format
Tue Oct 11 14:00:00 2011 jmatejekAATTsuse.com
- fix build failing because Tkinter has a faulty __version__
Mon Aug 15 14:00:00 2011 roAATTsuse.de
- fix build for platform == linux3
Mon Jan 24 13:00:00 2011 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com
- new version 1.0.1
This is a bugfix release:
+ Fixed error with Hammer projection.
+ Fixed the placement and angle of axis labels in 3D plots.
+ New rc parameters examples.download and examples.directory
allow bypassing the download mechanism in get_sample_data.
+ Change Axis.set_view_interval() so that when updating an
existing interval, it respects the orientation of that
interval, and can enlarge but not reduce the interval.
+ Handle NaN\'s correctly in path analysis routines.
+ Fix bug in patch alpha handling, and in bar color kwarg
+ Return Qt4\'s default cursor when leaving the canvas
- cleanup specfile
Wed Dec 29 13:00:00 2010 sbrabecAATTsuse.cz
- Compile with wxWidgets (STL variant).
Sat Dec 11 13:00:00 2010 cooloAATTnovell.com
- remove buildrequire on libstdc++
Sat Jul 17 14:00:00 2010 werner.hoAATTgmx.de
- new version 1.0.0
Sat Oct 10 14:00:00 2009 werner.hoAATTgmx.de
- new version 0.99.1.1
- config file added (seen at home:ocefpaf project)