Changelog for python3-setuptools-40.8.0-149.7.noarch.rpm
* Sun Feb 10 2019 Arun Persaud - update to version 40.8.0:
* #1652: Added the build_meta:__legacy__ backend, a \"compatibility mode\" PEP 517 backend that can be used as the default when build-backend is left unspecified in pyproject.toml.
* #1635: Resource paths are passed to pkg_resources.resource_string and similar no longer accept paths that traverse parents, that begin with a leading /. Violations of this expectation raise DeprecationWarnings and will become errors. Additionally, any paths that are absolute on Windows are strictly disallowed and will raise ValueErrors.
* #1536: setuptools will now automatically include licenses if setup.cfg contains a license_file attribute, unless this file is manually excluded inside MANIFEST.in.- changes from version 40.7.3:
* #1670: In package_index, revert to using a copy of splituser from Python 3.8. Attempts to use urllib.parse.urlparse led to problems as reported in #1663 and #1668. This change serves as an alternative to #1499 and fixes #1668.
* Sat Feb 02 2019 Arun Persaud - update to version 40.7.2:
* #1666: Restore port in URL handling in package_index.- changes from version 40.7.1:
* #1660: On Python 2, when reading config files, downcast options from text to bytes to satisfy distutils expectations.- changes from version 40.7.0:
* #1551: File inputs for the license field in setup.cfg files now explicitly raise an error.
* #1180: Add support for non-ASCII in setup.cfg (#1062). Add support for native strings on some parameters (#1136).
* #1499: setuptools.package_index no longer relies on the deprecated urllib.parse.splituser per Python #27485.
* #1544: Added tests for PackageIndex.download (for git URLs).
* #1625: In PEP 517 build_meta builder, ensure that sdists are built as gztar per the spec.
* Thu Jan 17 2019 Dominique Leuenberger - BuildIgnore python-pyparsing: python-packaging requires it for some actions it could perform, but we don\'t make use of these here. Ignoring this dependency allows us to break open a BuildCycle.
* Thu Dec 13 2018 Thomas Bechtold - update to 40.6.3:
* #1594: PEP 517 backend no longer declares setuptools as a dependency as it can be assumed.
* Thu Dec 06 2018 Tomáš Chvátal - Fix fdupes call
* Thu Nov 22 2018 Arun Persaud - update to version 40.6.2:
* #1592: Fix invalid dependency on external six module (instead of vendored version).- changes from version 40.6.1:
* #1590: Fixed regression where packages without author or author_email fields generated malformed package metadata.- changes from version 40.6.0:
* #1541: Officially deprecated the requires parameter in setup().
* #1519: In pkg_resources.normalize_path, additional path normalization is now performed to ensure path values to a directory is always the same, preventing false positives when checking scripts have a consistent prefix to set up on Windows.
* #1545: Changed the warning class of all deprecation warnings; deprecation warning classes are no longer derived from DeprecationWarning and are thus visible by default.
* #1554: build_meta.build_sdist now includes setup.py in source distributions by default.
* #1576: Started monkey-patching get_metadata_version and read_pkg_file onto distutils.DistributionMetadata to retain the correct version on the PKG-INFO file in the (deprecated) upload command.
* #1533: Restricted the recursive-include setuptools/_vendor to contain only .py and .txt files.
* #1395: Changed Pyrex references to Cython in the documentation.
* #1456: Documented that the rpmbuild packages is required for the bdist_rpm command.
* #1537: Documented how to use setup.cfg for src/ layouts
* #1539: Added minimum version column in setup.cfg metadata table.
* #1552: Fixed a minor typo in the python 2/3 compatibility documentation.
* #1553: Updated installation instructions to point to pip install instead of ez_setup.py.
* #1560: Updated setuptools distribution documentation to remove some outdated information.
* #1564: Documented setup.cfg minimum version for version and project_urls.
* #1572: Added the concurrent.futures backport futures to the Python 2.7 test suite requirements.
* Tue Oct 30 2018 Arun Persaud - update to version 40.5.0:
* #1335: In pkg_resources.normalize_path, fix issue on Cygwin when cwd contains symlinks.
* #1502: Deprecated support for downloads from Subversion in package_index/easy_install.
* #1517: Dropped use of six.u in favor of u\"\" literals.
* #1520: Added support for data_files in setup.cfg.
* #1525: Fixed rendering of the deprecation warning in easy_install doc.
* Sun Sep 30 2018 Arun Persaud - update to version 40.4.3:
* #1480: Bump vendored pyparsing in pkg_resources to 2.2.1.- changes from version 40.4.2:
* #1497: Updated gitignore in repo.- changes from version 40.4.1:
* #1480: Bump vendored pyparsing to 2.2.1.- changes from version 40.4.0:
* #1481: Join the sdist --dist-dir and the build_meta sdist directory argument to point to the same target (meaning the build frontend no longer needs to clean manually the dist dir to avoid multiple sdist presence, and setuptools no longer needs to handle conflicts between the two).- changes from version 40.3.0:
* #1402: Fixed a bug with namespace packages under Python 3.6 when one package in current directory hides another which is installed.
* #1427: Set timestamp of .egg-info directory whenever egg_info command is run.
* #1474: build_meta.get_requires_for_build_sdist now does not include the wheel package anymore.
* #1486: Suppress warnings in pkg_resources.handle_ns.
* #1479: Remove internal use of six.binary_type.
* Sat Sep 01 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 40.2.0:
* #1466: Fix handling of Unicode arguments in PEP 517 backend- changes from version 40.1.1:
* #1465: Fix regression with egg_info command when tagging is used.
* Sat Aug 25 2018 jengelhAATTinai.de- Use noun phrase in summary.
* Sat Aug 18 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- specfile:
* removed devel for noarch package- update to version 40.1.0:
* #1410: Deprecated upload and register commands.
* #1312: Introduced find_namespace_packages() to find PEP 420 namespace packages.
* #1420: Added find_namespace: directive to config parser.
* #1418: Solved race in when creating egg cache directories.
* #1450: Upgraded vendored PyParsing from 2.1.10 to 2.2.0.
* #1451: Upgraded vendored appdirs from 1.4.0 to 1.4.3.
* #1388: Fixed \"Microsoft Visual C++ Build Tools\" link in exception when Visual C++ not found.
* #1389: Added support for scripts which have unicode content.
* #1416: Moved several Python version checks over to using six.PY2 and six.PY3.
* #1441: Removed spurious executable permissions from files that don\'t need them.
* Thu Jul 12 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 40.0.0:
* #1342: Drop support for Python 3.3.
* #1366: In package_index, fixed handling of encoded entities in URLs.
* #1383: In pkg_resources VendorImporter, avoid removing packages imported from the root.
* #1379: Minor doc fixes after actually using the new release process.
* #1385: Removed section on non-package data files.
* #1403: Fix developer\'s guide.
* #1404: Fix PEP 518 configuration: set build requirements in pyproject.toml to [\"wheel\"].
* Mon May 21 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 39.2.0:
* #1359: Support using \"file:\" to load a PEP 440-compliant package version from a text file.
* #1360: Fixed issue with a mismatch between the name of the package and the name of the .dist-info file in wheel files
* #1364: Add __dir__() implementation to pkg_resources.Distribution() that includes the attributes in the _provider instance variable.
* #1365: Take the package_dir option into account when loading the version from a module attribute.
* #1353: Added coverage badge to README.
* #1356: Made small fixes to the developer guide documentation.
* #1357: Fixed warnings in documentation builds and started enforcing that the docs build without warnings in tox.
* #1376: Updated release process docs.
* #1343: The setuptools specific long_description_content_type, project_urls and provides_extras fields are now set consistently after any distutils setup_keywords calls, allowing them to override values.
* #1352: Added tox environment for documentation builds.
* #1354: Added towncrier for changelog managment.
* #1355: Add PR template.
* #1368: Fixed tests which failed without network connectivity.
* #1369: Added unit tests for PEP 425 compatibility tags support.
* #1372: Stop testing Python 3.3 in Travis CI, now that the latest version of wheel no longer installs on it.
* Sun May 06 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 39.1.0:
* #1340: Update all PyPI URLs to reflect the switch to the new Warehouse codebase.
* #1337: In pkg_resources, now support loading resources for modules loaded by the SourcelessFileLoader.
* #1332: Silence spurious wheel related warnings on Windows.
* Mon Mar 19 2018 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Version update to 39.0.1:
* Fix utf parsing with python2
* Various other fixes
* Sat Mar 17 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 39.0.0:
* #1296: Setuptools now vendors its own direct dependencies, no longer relying on the dependencies as vendored by pkg_resources.
* #296: Removed long-deprecated support for iteration on Version objects as returned by pkg_resources.parse_version. Removed the SetuptoolsVersion and SetuptoolsLegacyVersion names as well. They should not have been used, but if they were, replace with Version and LegacyVersion from packaging.version.- changes from version 38.7.0:
* #1288: Add support for maintainer in PKG-INFO.- changes from version 38.6.1:
* #1292: Avoid generating Provides-Extra in metadata when no extra is present (but environment markers are).
* Sat Mar 17 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 38.6.0:
* #1286: Add support for Metadata 2.1 (PEP 566).
* Thu Mar 08 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 38.5.2:
* #1285: Fixed RuntimeError in pkg_resources.parse_requirements on Python 3.7 (stemming from PEP 479).
* Wed Mar 07 2018 aplanasAATTsuse.com- Allows Recommends and Suggest in Fedora
* Tue Feb 27 2018 aplanasAATTsuse.com- Recommends only for SUSE
* Tue Feb 06 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 38.5.1:
* #1271: Revert to Cython legacy build_ext behavior for compatibility.- changes from version 38.5.0:
* #1229: Expand imports in build_ext to refine detection of Cython availability.
* #1270: When Cython is available, build_ext now uses the new_build_ext.
* Sun Feb 04 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 38.4.1:
* #1257: In bdist_egg.scan_module, fix ValueError on Python 3.7.
* Sat Jan 06 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- specfile:
* update copyright year- update to version 38.4.0:
* #1231: Removed warning when PYTHONDONTWRITEBYTECODE is enabled.- changes from version 38.3.0:
* #1210: Add support for PEP 345 Project-URL metadata.
* #1207: Add support for long_description_type to setup.cfg declarative config as intended and documented.
* Sun Dec 31 2017 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 38.2.5:
* #1232: Fix trailing slash handling in pkg_resources.ZipProvider.
* Wed Dec 06 2017 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 38.2.4:
* #1220: Fix data_files handling when installing from wheel.
* Sun Dec 03 2017 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 38.2.3:
* fix Travis\' Python 3.3 job.- changes from version 38.2.2:
* #1214: fix handling of namespace packages when installing from a wheel.
* Mon Nov 27 2017 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- update to 38.2.1
* fix encoding handling of metadata when installing from a wheel
* Sun Nov 26 2017 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 38.2.0:
* #1200: easy_install now support installing from wheels: they will be installed as standalone unzipped eggs.- changes from version 38.1.0:
* #1208: Improve error message when failing to locate scripts in egg-info metadata.- changes from version 38.0.0:
* #458: In order to support deterministic builds, Setuptools no longer allows packages to declare install_requires as unordered sequences (sets or dicts).
* Wed Nov 22 2017 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 37.0.0:
* #878: Drop support for Python 2.6. Python 2.6 users should rely on \'setuptools < 37dev\'.- changes from version 36.8.0:
* #1190: In SSL support for package index operations, use SNI where available.- changes from version 36.7.3:
* #1175: Bug fixes to build_meta module.
* Fri Nov 17 2017 jengelhAATTinai.de- Trim bias from description.
* Wed Nov 15 2017 arunAATTgmx.de- specfile:
* add missing url field- update to version 36.7.2:
* #701: Fixed duplicate test discovery on Python 3.
* Sat Nov 11 2017 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 36.7.1:
* #1193: Avoid test failures in bdist_egg when PYTHONDONTWRITEBYTECODE is set.- changes from version 36.7.0:
* #1054: Support setup_requires in setup.cfg files.- changes from version 36.6.1:
* #1132: Removed redundant and costly serialization/parsing step in EntryPoint.__init__.
* #844: bdist_egg --exclude-source-files now tested and works on Python 3.
* Fri Oct 13 2017 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 36.6.0:
* #1143: Added setuptools.build_meta module, an implementation of PEP-517 for Setuptools-defined packages.
* #1143: Added dist_info command for producing dist_info metadata.
* Tue Sep 19 2017 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 36.5.0:
* #170: When working with Mercurial checkouts, use Windows-friendly syntax for suppressing output.
* Inspired by #1134, performed substantial refactoring of ``pkg_resources.find_on_path`` to facilitate an optimization for paths with many non-version entries.
* #1075: Add new ``Description-Content-Type`` metadata field. `See here for documentation on how to use this field. `_
* #1068: Sort files and directories when building eggs for deterministic order.
* #196: Remove caching of easy_install command in fetch_build_egg. Fixes issue where ``pytest-runner-N.N`` would satisfy the installation of ``pytest``.
* #1129: Fix working set dependencies handling when replacing conflicting distributions (e.g. when using ``setup_requires`` with a conflicting transitive dependency, fix #1124).
* #1133: Improved handling of README files extensions and added Markdown to the list of searched READMES.
* #1135: Improve performance of pkg_resources import by not invoking ``access`` or ``stat`` and using ``os.listdir`` instead.
* #1131: Make possible using several files within ``file:`` directive in metadata.long_description in ``setup.cfg``.
* fix #1105: Fix handling of requirements with environment markers when declared in ``setup.cfg`` (same treatment as for #1081).
* #462: Don\'t assume a directory is an egg by the ``.egg`` extension alone.
* #1093: Fix test command handler with extras_require.
* #1112, #1091, #1115: Now using Trusty containers in Travis for CI and CD.
* #1092: ``pkg_resources`` now uses ``inspect.getmro`` to resolve classes in method resolution order.
* #1102: Restore behavior for empty extras.
* Mon Jul 24 2017 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to 36.2.2 v36.2.2-------
* #1099: Revert commit a3ec721, restoring intended purpose of extras as part of a requirement declaration. v36.2.1-------
* fix #1086
* fix #1087
* support extras specifiers in install_requires requirements v36.2.0-------
* #1081: Environment markers indicated in ``install_requires`` are now processed and treated as nameless ``extras_require`` with markers, allowing their metadata in requires.txt to be correctly generated.
* #1053: Tagged commits are now released using Travis-CI build stages, meaning releases depend on passing tests on all supported Python versions (Linux) and not just the latest Python version. v36.1.1-------
* #1083: Correct ``py31compat.makedirs`` to correctly honor ``exist_ok`` parameter.
* #1083: Also use makedirs compatibility throughout setuptools. v36.1.0-------
* #1083: Avoid race condition on directory creation in ``pkg_resources.ensure_directory``.
* Removed deprecation of and restored support for ``upload_docs`` command for sites other than PyPI. Only warehouse is dropping support, but services like `devpi `_ continue to support docs built by setuptools\' plugins. See `this comment `_ for more context on the motivation for this change.
* Thu Jun 08 2017 dmuellerAATTsuse.com- update to 36.0.1
* #1042: Fix import in py27compat module that still referenced six directly, rather than through the externs module (vendored packages hook).
* #980 and others: Once again, Setuptools vendors all of its dependencies. It seems to be the case that in the Python ecosystem, all build tools must run without any dependencies (build, runtime, or otherwise). At such a point that a mechanism exists that allows build tools to have dependencies, Setuptools will adopt it.
* #1015: Fix test failures on Python 3.7.
* #1024: Add workaround for Jython #2581 in monkey module.
* #992: Revert change introduced in v34.4.1, now considered invalid.
* #1016: Revert change introduced in v35.0.0 per #1014, referencing #436. The approach had unintended consequences, causing sdist installs to be missing files.- remove fix-sle11-test-failure.patch: this doesn\'t build for SLE11 anymore, so no need to patch it anymore
* Thu Feb 23 2017 jmatejekAATTsuse.com- update to 34.2.0
* dependencies are no longer vendored and setuptools can\'t bootstrap without them
* drop support for python 2.6 and 3.2
* declarative config option for setup.cfg
* nspkg.pth files for development
* switch to zip format for source dist
* ensure extras are honored when building the working set
* add support for reading dist-info metadata
* support for PEP440 version specifiers- added build-time and run-time dependencies to appdirs and packaging, ensured these packages build without setuptools- drop upstreamed setuptools-certpath.patch- drop unneeded setuptools-5.4.1-create-sitedir.patch- add fdupes- change source file to zip, add unzip dependency
* Thu Feb 16 2017 jmatejekAATTsuse.com- update for multipython build
* Mon Dec 12 2016 hpjAATTurpla.net- make sure, that setuptools-certpath.patch is applied unconditionally (fixes traceback in setuptools/ssl_support.py)
* Sat Oct 08 2016 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 28.3.0:
* #809: In ``find_packages()``, restore support for excluding a parent package without excluding a child package.
* #805: Disable ``-nspkg.pth`` behavior on Python 3.3+ where PEP-420 functionality is adequate. Fixes pip #1924.
* #803: Bump certifi to 2016.9.26.
* #733: Do not search excluded directories for packages. This introduced a backwards incompatible change in ``find_packages()`` so that ``find_packages(exclude=[\'foo\']) == ``, excluding subpackages of ``foo``. Previously, ``find_packages(exclude=[\'foo\']) == [\'foo.bar\']``, even though the parent ``foo`` package was excluded.
* #795: Bump certifi.
* #719: Suppress decoding errors and instead log a warning when metadata cannot be decoded.
* #790: In MSVC monkeypatching, explicitly patch each function by name in the target module instead of inferring the module from the function\'s ``__module__``. Improves compatibility with other packages that might have previously patched distutils functions (i.e. NumPy).
* #794: In test command, add installed eggs to PYTHONPATH when invoking tests so that subprocesses will also have the dependencies available. Fixes `tox 330 `_.
* #795: Update vendored pyparsing 2.1.9.
* #520 and #513: Suppress ValueErrors in fixup_namespace_packages when lookup fails.
* Nicer, more consistent interfaces for msvc monkeypatching.
* #779 via #781: Fix circular import.
* #778: Fix MSVC monkeypatching.
* Introduce the (private) ``monkey`` module to encapsulate the distutils monkeypatching behavior.
* Now use Warehouse by default for ``upload``, patching ``distutils.config.PyPIRCCommand`` to affect default behavior. Any config in .pypirc should be updated to replace https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ with https://upload.pypi.org/legacy/ Similarly, any passwords stored in the keyring should be updated to use this new value for \"system\". The ``upload_docs`` command will continue to use the python.org site, but the command is now deprecated. Users are urged to use Read The Docs instead.
* #776: Use EXT_SUFFIX for py_limited_api renaming.
* #774 and #775: Use LegacyVersion from packaging when detecting numpy versions.
* Re-release of 26.1.0 with pytest pinned to allow for automated deployment and thus proper packaging environment variables, fixing issues with missing executable launchers.
* Wed Aug 31 2016 jmatejekAATTsuse.com- fix certificate handling with certifi, add support for SUSE\'s CA bundle (setuptools-certpath.patch, fixes boo#993968)- remove shebang lines, strip executable bit from README, to silence the easy rpmlint warnings
* Tue Aug 30 2016 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 26.1.1:
* Re-release of 26.1.0 with pytest pinned to allow for automated deployement and thus proper packaging environment variables, fixing issues with missing executable launchers.
* #763: ``pkg_resources.get_default_cache`` now defers to the `appdirs project `_ to resolve the cache directory. Adds a vendored dependency on appdirs to pkg_resources.
* #748: By default, sdists are now produced in gzipped tarfile format by default on all platforms, adding forward compatibility for the same behavior in Python 3.6 (See Python #27819).
* #459 via #736: On Windows with script launchers, sys.argv now reflects the name of the entry point, consistent with the behavior in distlib and pip wrappers.
* #752 via #753: When indicating ``py_limited_api`` to Extension, it must be passed as a keyword argument.
* Add Extension(py_limited_api=True). When set to a truthy value, that extension gets a filename apropriate for code using Py_LIMITED_API. When used correctly this allows a single compiled extension to work on all future versions of CPython 3. The py_limited_api argument only controls the filename. To be compatible with multiple versions of Python 3, the C extension will also need to set -DPy_LIMITED_API=... and be modified to use only the functions in the limited API.
* #739 Fix unquoted libpaths by fixing compatibility between `numpy.distutils` and `distutils._msvccompiler` for numpy < 1.11.2 (Fix issue #728, error also fixed in Numpy).
* #731: Bump certifi.
* Style updates. See #740, #741, #743, #744, #742, #747.
* #735: include license file.
* #612 via #730: Add a LICENSE file which needs to be provided by the terms of the MIT license.
* #725: revert `library_dir_option` patch (Error is related to `numpy.distutils` and make errors on non Numpy users).
* #723: Improve patch for `library_dir_option`.
* #707: Fix Python 2 compatibility for MSVC by catching errors properly.
* #715: Fix unquoted libpaths by patching `library_dir_option`.
* #714 and #704: Revert fix as it breaks other components downstream that can\'t handle unicode. See #709, #710, and #712.
* #704: Fix errors when installing a zip sdist that contained files named with non-ascii characters on Windows would crash the install when it attempted to clean up the build.
* #646: MSVC compatibility - catch errors properly in RegistryInfo.lookup.
* #702: Prevent UnboundLocalError when initial working_set is empty.
* #686: Fix issue in sys.path ordering by pkg_resources when rewrite technique is \"raw\".
* #699: Fix typo in msvc support.
* #609: Setuptools will now try to download a distribution from the next possible download location if the first download fails. This means you can now specify multiple links as ``dependency_links`` and all links will be tried until a working download link is encountered.
* #688: Fix AttributeError in setup.py when invoked not from the current directory.
* Cleanup of setup.py script.
* Fixed documentation builders by allowing setup.py to be imported without having bootstrapped the metadata.
* More style cleanup. See #677, #678, #679, #681, #685.
* #674: Default ``sys.path`` manipulation by easy-install.pth is now \"raw\", meaning that when writing easy-install.pth during any install operation, the ``sys.path`` will not be rewritten and will no longer give preference to easy_installed packages. To retain the old behavior when using any easy_install operation (including ``setup.py install`` when setuptools is present), set the environment variable: SETUPTOOLS_SYS_PATH_TECHNIQUE=rewrite This project hopes that that few if any environments find it necessary to retain the old behavior, and intends to drop support for it altogether in a future release. Please report any relevant concerns in the ticket for this change.
* #398: Fix shebang handling on Windows in script headers where spaces in ``sys.executable`` would produce an improperly-formatted shebang header, introduced in 12.0 with the fix for #188.
* #663, #670: More style updates.
* #516: Disable ``os.link`` to avoid hard linking in ``sdist.make_distribution``, avoiding errors on systems that support hard links but not on the file system in which the build is occurring.
* #667: Update Metadata-Version to 1.2 when ``python_requires`` is supplied.
* #631: Add support for ``python_requires`` keyword.
* More style updates. See #660, #661, #641.
* #659: ``setup.py`` now will fail fast and with a helpful error message when the necessary metadata is missing.
* More style updates. See #656, #635, #640, [#644], #650, #652, and #655.
* Updated style in much of the codebase to match community expectations. See #632, #633, #634, [#637], #639, #638, #642, #648.
* If MSVC++14 is needed ``setuptools.msvc`` now redirect user to Visual C++ Build Tools web page.
* #625 and #626: Fixes on ``setuptools.msvc`` mainly for Python 2 and Linux.
* Pull Request #174: Add more aggressive support for standalone Microsoft Visual C++ compilers in msvc9compiler patch. Particularly : Windows SDK 6.1 and 7.0 (MSVC++ 9.0), Windows SDK 7.1 (MSVC++ 10.0), Visual C++ Build Tools 2015 (MSVC++14)
* Renamed ``setuptools.msvc9_support`` to ``setuptools.msvc``. Re-release of v23.2.0, which was missing the intended commits.
* #623: Remove used of deprecated \'U\' flag when reading manifests.
* Mon Jul 04 2016 devAATTstellardeath.org- Update fix-sle11-test-failure.patch to new line numbers and indentation
* Mon Jul 04 2016 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- Use pypi.io for Source url
* Thu Jun 30 2016 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 23.1.0:
* #619: Deprecated ``tag_svn_revision`` distribution option.
* #611: Removed ARM executables for CLI and GUI script launchers on Windows. If this was a feature you cared about, please comment in the ticket.
* #604: Removed docs building support. The project now relies on documentation hosted at https://setuptools.readthedocs.io/.
* #604: Restore repository for upload_docs command to restore publishing of docs during release.
* #589: Upload releases to pypi.io using the upload hostname and legacy path.
* #589: Releases are now uploaded to pypi.io (Warehouse) even when releases are made on Twine via Travis.
* #589: Releases are now uploaded to pypi.io (Warehouse).
* #190: On Python 2, if unicode is passed for packages to ``build_py`` command, it will be handled just as with text on Python 3.
* #598: Setuptools now lists itself first in the User-Agent for web requests, better following the guidelines in `RFC 7231 `_.
* Minor fixes to changelog and docs.
* #261: Exclude directories when resolving globs in package_data.
* #539: In the easy_install get_site_dirs, honor all paths found in ``site.getsitepackages``.
* #572: In build_ext, now always import ``_CONFIG_VARS`` from ``distutils`` rather than from ``sysconfig`` to allow ``distutils.sysconfig.customize_compiler`` configure the OS X compiler for ``-dynamiclib``.
* Removed ez_setup.py from Setuptools sdist. The bootstrap script will be maintained in its own branch and should be generally be retrieved from its canonical location at https://bootstrap.pypa.io/ez_setup.py.
* #553: egg_info section is now generated in a deterministic order, matching the order generated by earlier versions of Python. Except on Python 2.6, order is preserved when existing settings are present.
* #556: Update to Packaging 16.7, restoring support for deprecated ``python_implmentation`` marker.
* #555: Upload command now prompts for a password when uploading to PyPI (or other repository) if no password is present in .pypirc or in the keyring.
* #548: Update certify version to 2016.2.28
* #545: Safely handle deletion of non-zip eggs in rotate command.
* Issue #544: Fix issue with extra environment marker processing in WorkingSet due to refactor in v20.7.0.
* Issue #543: Re-release so that latest release doesn\'t cause déjà vu with distribute and setuptools 0.7 in older environments.
* Refactored extra enviroment marker processing in WorkingSet.
* Issue #533: Fixed intermittent test failures.
* Issue #536: In msvc9_support, trap additional exceptions that might occur when importing ``distutils.msvc9compiler`` in mingw environments.
* Issue #537: Provide better context when package metadata fails to decode in UTF-8.
* Issue #523: Restored support for environment markers, now honoring \'extra\' environment markers.
* Issue #523: Disabled support for environment markers introduced in v20.5.
* Issue #503: Restore support for PEP 345 environment markers by updating to Packaging 16.6.
* New release process that relies on `bumpversion `_ and Travis CI for continuous deployment.
* Project versioning semantics now follow `semver `_ precisely. The \'v\' prefix on version numbers now also allows version numbers to be referenced in the changelog, e.g. https://pythonhosted.org/setuptools/history.html#v20-6-0.
* BB Pull Request #185, #470: Add support for environment markers in requirements in install_requires, setup_requires, tests_require as well as adding a test for the existing extra_requires machinery.
* Issue #422: Moved hosting to `Github `_ from `Bitbucket `_. Issues have been migrated, though all issues and comments are attributed to bb-migration. So if you have a particular issue or issues to which you\'ve been subscribed, you will want to \"watch\" the equivalent issue in Github. The Bitbucket project will be retained for the indefinite future, but Github now hosts the canonical project repository.
* Issue #519: Remove import hook when reloading the ``pkg_resources`` module.
* BB Pull Request #184: Update documentation in ``pkg_resources`` around new ``Requirement`` implementation.
* BB Pull Request #179: ``pkg_resources.Requirement`` objects are now a subclass of ``packaging.requirements.Requirement``, allowing any environment markers and url (if any) to be affiliated with the requirement
* BB Pull Request #179: Restore use of RequirementParseError exception unintentionally dropped in 20.2.
* Wed Mar 09 2016 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 20.2.2:
* Issue #502: Correct regression in parsing of multiple version specifiers separated by commas and spaces.
* Issue #499: Restore compatiblity for legacy versions by bumping to packaging 16.4.
* Changelog now includes release dates and links to PEPs.
* Pull Request #173: Replace dual PEP 345 _markerlib implementation and PEP 426 implementation of environment marker support from packaging 16.1 and PEP 508. Fixes Issue #122. See also Pull Request #175, Pull Request #168, and Pull Request #164. Additionally: - ``Requirement.parse`` no longer retains the order of extras. - ``parse_requirements`` now requires that all versions be PEP-440 compliant, as revealed in #499. Packages released with invalid local versions should be re-released using the proper local version syntax, e.g. ``mypkg-1.0+myorg.1``.
* Update ``upload_docs`` command to also honor keyring for password resolution.
* Added support for using passwords from keyring in the upload command.
* Issue #118: Once again omit the package metadata (egg-info) from the list of outputs in ``--record``. This version of setuptools can no longer be used to upgrade pip earlier than 6.0.
* `Off-project PR `_: For FreeBSD, also honor root certificates from ca_root_nss.
* Mon Feb 01 2016 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- update to version 19.6.2:
* Issue #491: Correct regression incurred in 19.4 where a double-namespace package installed using pip would cause a TypeError.- update to version 19.6.1:
* Restore compatibility for PyPy 3 compatibility lost in 19.4.1 addressing Issue #487.
* \"setuptools.launch\" shim now loads scripts in a new namespace, avoiding getting relative imports from the setuptools package on Python 2.- update to version 19.6:
* Added a new entry script \"setuptools.launch\", implementing the shim found in \"pip.util.setuptools_build\". Use this command to launch distutils-only packages under setuptools in the same way that pip does, causing the setuptools monkeypatching of distutils to be invoked prior to invoking a script. Useful for debugging or otherwise installing a distutils-only package under setuptools when pip isn\'t available or otherwise does not expose the desired functionality. For example:: $ python -m setuptools.launch setup.py develop
* Issue #488: Fix dual manifestation of Extension class in extension packages installed as dependencies when Cython is present.- update to version 19.5:
* Issue #486: Correct TypeError when getfilesystemencoding returns None.
* Issue #139: Clarified the license as MIT.
* Pull Request #169: Removed special handling of command spec in scripts for Jython.- changes from version 19.4.1:
* Issue #487: Use direct invocation of \"importlib.machinery\" in \"pkg_resources\" to avoid missing detection on relevant platforms.- update to version 19.4:
* Issue #341: Correct error in path handling of package data files in \"build_py\" command when package is empty.
* Distribute #323, Issue #141, Issue #207, and Pull Request #167: Another implementation of \"pkg_resources.WorkingSet\" and \"pkg_resources.Distribution\" that supports replacing an extant package with a new one, allowing for setup_requires dependencies to supersede installed packages for the session.- update to version 19.3:
* Issue #229: Implement new technique for readily incorporating dependencies conditionally from vendored copies or primary locations. Adds a new dependency on six.- update to version 19.2:
* Pull Request #163: Add get_command_list method to Distribution.
* Pull Request #162: Add missing whitespace to multiline string literals.- update to version 19.1.1:
* Issue #476: Cast version to string (using default encoding) to avoid creating Unicode types on Python 2 clients.
* Issue #477: In Powershell downloader, use explicit rendering of strings, rather than rely on \"repr\", which can be incorrect (especially on Python 2).- changes from version 19.1:
* Issue #215: The bootstrap script \"ez_setup.py\" now automatically detects the latest version of setuptools (using PyPI JSON API) rather than hard-coding a particular value.
* Issue #475: Fix incorrect usage in _translate_metadata2.- changes from version 19.0:
* Issue #442: Use RawConfigParser for parsing .pypirc file. Interpolated values are no longer honored in .pypirc files.- update to version 18.8.1:
* Issue #440: Prevent infinite recursion when a SandboxViolation or other UnpickleableException occurs in a sandbox context with setuptools hidden. Fixes regression introduced in Setuptools 12.0.- changes from version 18.8:
* Deprecated ``egg_info.get_pkg_info_revision``.
* Issue #471: Don\'t rely on repr for an HTML attribute value in package_index.
* Issue #419: Avoid errors in FileMetadata when the metadata directory is broken.
* Issue #472: Remove deprecated use of \'U\' in mode parameter when opening files.- update to version 18.7.1:
* Issue #469: Refactored logic for Issue #419 fix to re-use metadata loading from Provider.- update to version 18.7:
* Update dependency on certify.
* Pull Request #160: Improve detection of gui script in \"easy_install._adjust_header\".
* Made \"test.test_args\" a non-data property; alternate fix for the issue reported in Pull Request #155.
* Issue #453: In \"ez_setup\" bootstrap module, unload all \"pkg_resources\" modules following download.
* Pull Request #158: Honor `PEP-488 `_ when excluding files for namespace packages.
* Issue #419 and Pull Request #144: Add experimental support for reading the version info from distutils-installed metadata rather than using the version in the filename.- update to version 18.6.1:
* Issue #464: Correct regression in invocation of superclass on old-style class on Python 2.- changes from version 18.6:
* Issue #439: When installing entry_point scripts under development, omit the version number of the package, allowing any version of the package to be used.- update to version 18.5:
* In preparation for dropping support for Python 3.2, a warning is now logged when pkg_resources is imported on Python 3.2 or earlier Python 3 versions.
* `Add support for python_platform_implementation environment marker `_.
* `Fix dictionary mutation during iteration `_.
* Thu Oct 22 2015 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Update to 18.4
* Test command now always invokes unittest, even if no test suite is supplied.
* Tue Oct 06 2015 hpjAATTurpla.net- update to 18.3.2:
* Correct another regression in setuptools.findall where the fix for Python #12885 was lost.- update to 18.3.1:
* Issue #425: Correct regression in setuptools.findall.- update to 18.3:
* Setuptools now allows disabling of the manipulation of the sys.path during the processing of the easy-install.pth file. To do so, set the environment variable ``SETUPTOOLS_SYS_PATH_TECHNIQUE`` to anything but \"rewrite\" (consider \"raw\"). During any install operation with manipulation disabled, setuptools packages will be appended to sys.path naturally. Future versions may change the default behavior to disable manipulation. If so, the default behavior can be retained by setting the variable to \"rewrite\".
* Issue #257: ``easy_install --version`` now shows more detail about the installation location and Python version.
* Refactor setuptools.findall in preparation for re-submission back to distutils.
* Thu Aug 20 2015 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 18.2:
* Issue #412: More efficient directory search in ``find_packages``.
* Tue Aug 11 2015 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 18.1:
* Upgrade to vendored packaging 15.3.
* Mon Jul 20 2015 dmuellerAATTsuse.com- update to 18.0.1:
* Issue #401: Fix failure in test suite.
* Dropped support for builds with Pyrex. Only Cython is supported.
* Issue #288: Detect Cython later in the build process, after ``setup_requires`` dependencies are resolved.
* Issue #396: Fixed test failure on OS X.
* Pull Request #136: Remove excessive quoting from shebang headers for Jython.
* Mon Jun 22 2015 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 17.1.1:
* Backed out unintended changes to pkg_resources, restoring removal of deprecated imp module
* Mon Jun 08 2015 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 17.1:
* Issue #380: Add support for range operators on environment marker evaluation.
* Issue #378: Do not use internal importlib._bootstrap module.
* Issue #390: Disallow console scripts with path separators in the name. Removes unintended functionality and brings behavior into parity with pip.
* Pull Request #130: Better error messages for errors in parsed requirements.
* Pull Request #133: Removed ``setuptools.tests`` from the installed packages.
* Issue #373: Provisionally expose ``pkg_resources._initialize_master_working_set``, allowing for imperative re-initialization of the master working set.
* Mon Apr 27 2015 mciharAATTsuse.cz- Disable testsuite as this causes build cycle
* Wed Apr 22 2015 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 15.1:
* Updated Packaging to 15.1 to address Packaging #28.
* Fix ``setuptools.sandbox._execfile()`` with Python 3.1.- Remove fix-type-error.patch . Applied upstream
* Sat Apr 11 2015 hpjAATTurpla.net- openSUSE versions up to 12.2 are affected as well from: AssertionError: error: must supply either home or prefix/exec-prefix -- not both raise version check of applying fix-sle11-test-failure.patch accordingly
* Fri Mar 27 2015 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 15.0:
* Pull Request #126: DistributionNotFound message now lists the package or packages that required it. E.g.:: pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The \'colorama>=0.3.1\' distribution was not found and is required by smlib.log. Note that zc.buildout once dependended on the string rendering of this message to determine the package that was not found. This expectation has since been changed, but older versions of buildout may experience problems. See Buildout #242 for details.
* Issue #307: Removed PEP-440 warning during parsing of versions in ``pkg_resources.Distribution``.
* Issue #364: Replace deprecated usage with recommended usage of ``EntryPoint.load``.
* Issue #254: When creating temporary egg cache on Unix, use mode 755 for creating the directory to avoid the subsequent warning if the directory is group writable.
* Issue #137: Update ``Distribution.hashcmp`` so that Distributions with None for pyversion or platform can be compared against Distributions defining those attributes.
* Issue #360: Removed undesirable behavior from test runs, preventing write tests and installation to system site packages.
* Pull Request #125: Add ``__ne__`` to Requirement class.
* Various refactoring of easy_install.
* Bootstrap script now accepts ``--to-dir`` to customize save directory or allow for re-use of existing repository of setuptools versions. See Pull Request #112 for background.
* Issue #285: ``easy_install`` no longer will default to installing packages to the \"user site packages\" directory if it is itself installed there. Instead, the user must pass ``--user`` in all cases to install packages to the user site packages. This behavior now matches that of \"pip install\". To configure an environment to always install to the user site packages, consider using the \"install-dir\" and \"scripts-dir\" parameters to easy_install through an appropriate distutils config file.
* Issue #359: Include pytest.ini in the sdist so invocation of py.test on the sdist honors the pytest configuration. Re-release of 13.0. Intermittent connectivity issues caused the release process to fail and PyPI uploads no longer accept files for 13.0.
* Issue #356: Back out Pull Request #119 as it requires Setuptools 10 or later as the source during an upgrade.
* Removed build_py class from setup.py. According to 892f439d216e, this functionality was added to support upgrades from old Distribute versions, 0.6.5 and 0.6.6.
* Pull Request #119: Restore writing of ``setup_requires`` to metadata (previously added in 8.4 and removed in 9.0).
* Documentation is now linked using the rst.linker package.
* Fix ``setuptools.command.easy_install.extract_wininst_cfg()`` with Python 2.6 and 2.7.
* Issue #354. Added documentation on building setuptools documentation.
* Issue #345: Unload all modules under pkg_resources during ``ez_setup.use_setuptools()``.
* Issue #336: Removed deprecation from ``ez_setup.use_setuptools``, as it is clearly still used by buildout\'s bootstrap. ``ez_setup`` remains deprecated for use by individual packages.
* Simplified implementation of ``ez_setup.use_setuptools``.
* Pull Request #118: Soften warning for non-normalized versions in Distribution.
* Issue #339: Correct Attribute reference in ``cant_write_to_target``.
* Issue #336: Deprecated ``ez_setup.use_setuptools``.
* Issue #335: Fix script header generation on Windows.
* Fixed incorrect class attribute in ``install_scripts``. Tests would be nice.
* Issue #331: Fixed ``install_scripts`` command on Windows systems corrupting the header.
* Restore ``setuptools.command.easy_install.sys_executable`` for pbr compatibility. For the future, tools should construct a CommandSpec explicitly.
* Issue #188: Setuptools now support multiple entities in the value for ``build.executable``, such that an executable of \"/usr/bin/env my-python\" may be specified. This means that systems with a specified executable whose name has spaces in the path must be updated to escape or quote that value.
* Deprecated ``easy_install.ScriptWriter.get_writer``, replaced by ``.best()`` with slightly different semantics (no force_windows flag).
* Issue #327: Formalize and restore support for any printable character in an entry point name.
* Expose ``EntryPoint.resolve`` in place of EntryPoint._load, implementing the simple, non-requiring load. Deprecated all uses of ``EntryPoint._load`` except for calling with no parameters, which is just a shortcut for ``ep.require(); ep.resolve();``. Apps currently invoking ``ep.load(require=False)`` should instead do the following if wanting to avoid the deprecating warning:: getattr(ep, \"resolve\", lambda: ep.load(require=False))()
* Pip #2326: Report deprecation warning at stacklevel 2 for easier diagnosis.
* Issue #281: Since Setuptools 6.1 (Issue #268), a ValueError would be raised in certain cases where VersionConflict was raised with two arguments, which occurred in ``pkg_resources.WorkingSet.find``. This release adds support for indicating the dependent packages while maintaining support for a VersionConflict when no dependent package context is known. New unit tests now capture the expected interface.
* Interop #3: Upgrade to Packaging 15.0; updates to PEP 440 so that >1.7 does not exclude 1.7.1 but does exclude 1.7.0 and 1.7.0.post1.
* Issue #323: Fix regression in entry point name parsing.
* Deprecated use of EntryPoint.load(require=False). Passing a boolean to a function to select behavior is an anti-pattern. Instead use ``Entrypoint._load()``.
* Substantial refactoring of all unit tests. Tests are now much leaner and re-use a lot of fixtures and contexts for better clarity of purpose.
* Issue #320: Added a compatibility implementation of ``sdist._default_revctrl`` so that systems relying on that interface do not fail (namely, Ubuntu 12.04 and similar Debian releases).
* Issue #319: Fixed issue installing pure distutils packages.
* Issue #313: Removed built-in support for subversion. Projects wishing to retain support for subversion will need to use a third party library. The extant implementation is being ported to `setuptools_svn `_.
* Issue #315: Updated setuptools to hide its own loaded modules during installation of another package. This change will enable setuptools to upgrade (or downgrade) itself even when its own metadata and implementation change.
* Prefer vendored packaging library `as recommended `_.
* Issue #312: Restored presence of pkg_resources API tests (doctest) to sdist.
* Issue #314: Disabled support for ``setup_requires`` metadata to avoid issue where Setuptools was unable to upgrade over earlier versions.
* Pull Request #106: Now write ``setup_requires`` metadata.
* Issue #311: Decoupled pkg_resources from setuptools once again. ``pkg_resources`` is now a package instead of a module.
* Issue #306: Suppress warnings about Version format except in select scenarios (such as installation).
* Pull Request #85: Search egg-base when adding egg-info to manifest.
* Upgrade ``packaging`` to 14.5, giving preference to \"rc\" as designator for release candidates over \"c\".
* PEP-440 warnings are now raised as their own class, ``pkg_resources.PEP440Warning``, instead of RuntimeWarning.
* Disabled warnings on empty versions.
* Upgrade ``packaging`` to 14.4, fixing an error where there is a different result for if 2.0.5 is contained within >2.0dev and >2.0.dev even though normalization rules should have made them equal.
* Issue #296: Add warning when a version is parsed as legacy. This warning will make it easier for developers to recognize deprecated version numbers.
* Issue #296: Restored support for ``__hash__`` on parse_version results.
* Issue #296: Restored support for ``__getitem__`` and sort operations on parse_version result.
* Issue #296: Restore support for iteration over parse_version result, but deprecated that usage with a warning. Fixes failure with buildout.
* Implement `PEP 440 `_ within pkg_resources and setuptools. This change deprecates some version numbers such that they will no longer be installable without using the ``===`` escape hatch. See `the changes to test_resources `_ for specific examples of version numbers and specifiers that are no longer supported. Setuptools now \"vendors\" the `packaging `_ library.
* Issue #80, Issue #209: Eggs that are downloaded for ``setup_requires``, ``test_requires``, etc. are now placed in a ``./.eggs`` directory instead of directly in the current directory. This choice of location means the files can be readily managed (removed, ignored). Additionally, later phases or invocations of setuptools will not detect the package as already installed and ignore it for permanent install (See #209). This change is indicated as backward-incompatible as installations that depend on the installation in the current directory will need to account for the new location. Systems that ignore ``
*.egg`` will probably need to be adapted to ignore ``.eggs``. The files will need to be manually moved or will be retrieved again. Most use cases will require no attention.
* Issue #268: When resolving package versions, a VersionConflict now reports which package previously required the conflicting version.
* Issue #262: Fixed regression in pip install due to egg-info directories being omitted. Re-opens Issue #118.
* Issue #259: Fixed regression with namespace package handling on ``single version, externally managed`` installs.
* Issue #100: When building a distribution, Setuptools will no longer match default files using platform-dependent case sensitivity, but rather will only match the files if their case matches exactly. As a result, on Windows and other case-insensitive file systems, files with names such as \'readme.txt\' or \'README.TXT\' will be omitted from the distribution and a warning will be issued indicating that \'README.txt\' was not found. Other filenames affected are: - README.rst - README - setup.cfg - setup.py (or the script name) - test/test
*.py Any users producing distributions with filenames that match those above case-insensitively, but not case-sensitively, should rename those files in their repository for better portability.
* Pull Request #72: When using ``single_version_externally_managed``, the exclusion list now includes Python 3.2 ``__pycache__`` entries.
* Pull Request #76 and Pull Request #78: lines in top_level.txt are now ordered deterministically.
* Issue #118: The egg-info directory is now no longer included in the list of outputs.
* Issue #258: Setuptools now patches distutils msvc9compiler to recognize the specially-packaged compiler package for easy extension module support on Python 2.6, 2.7, and 3.2.
* Issue #237: ``pkg_resources`` now uses explicit detection of Python 2 vs. Python 3, supporting environments where builtins have been patched to make Python 3 look more like Python 2.
* Issue #240: Based on real-world performance measures against 5.4, zip manifests are now cached in all circumstances. The ``PKG_RESOURCES_CACHE_ZIP_MANIFESTS`` environment variable is no longer relevant. The observed \"memory increase\" referenced in the 5.4 release notes and detailed in Issue #154 was likely not an increase over the status quo, but rather only an increase over not storing the zip info at all.
* Issue #242: Use absolute imports in svn_utils to avoid issues if the installing package adds an xml module to the path.
* Issue #239: Fix typo in 5.5 such that fix did not take.
* Issue #239: Setuptools now includes the setup_requires directive on Distribution objects and validates the syntax just like install_requires and tests_require directives.
* Issue #236: Corrected regression in execfile implementation for Python 2.6.- Enable testsuite run during build. Added BuildRequires needed for that- Refresh setuptools-5.4.1-create-sitedir.patch- Add fix-type-error.patch: Fix error during test run- Add fix-sle11-test-failure.patch: Fix error during test run on SLE11SP3