Changelog for libicu52_1-52.1-4.1.x86_64.rpm
Wed Aug 13 14:00:00 2014 behlertAATTsuse.de
- libicu%aversion-data may not be noarch, as it has arch-specific
content wrt. endianess [bnc#889837]
Mon Jun 16 14:00:00 2014 cooloAATTsuse.com
- add icu-fix-tests-depending-on-date.patch to fix build
Fri Mar 7 13:00:00 2014 roAATTsuse.de
- s390 is big endian as well
Tue Nov 12 13:00:00 2013 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Update to new upstream release 52.1
* Unicode 6.3: New bidi control codes, new Bidi_Class property
values, two new bidi \"bracket\" properties; for other property
value changes see the UAX #44 summary.
* CLDR 24: Improved coverage for top 70+ languages, fractional
plural rules and forms, many new measurement units, major
simplification of collation rule syntax, preliminary version of
European Ordering Rules, new relative fields.
* New API for converting between Windows time zone ID and IANA tz
* Implement support for plurals that depend on displayed fractional
Mon Jul 29 14:00:00 2013 dvaleevAATTsuse.com
- make filelist depend on architecture
icudt51b.dat - on BigEndian platforms
icudt51l.dat - on LittleEndian
Tue Jul 23 14:00:00 2013 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Add missing symlinks and update description in icu-versioning.diff
Sun Jul 14 14:00:00 2013 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Change icu-versioning.diff: Resolve libqt4 emitting a warning
that it cannot dlopen libicui18n.so
- Build I18N data as a plain file rather than as an arch-dependent
huge shared library
- Add icu-fix-install-mode-files.diff
Sat Jun 15 14:00:00 2013 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Add icu-versioning.diff:
Treat each minor release as a new SONAME (bnc#824262)
Wed Jun 5 14:00:00 2013 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Update to new upstream release 51.2
* Common Locale Data Repository (CLDR) 23.1
* Time zone database version 2013c
* Security fixes for font layout and glyph table errors. NOTE:
Applications must implement
LEFontInstance::getFontTable(LETag, size_t &length) in their
LEFontInstance subclasses, so that ICU can properly bounds-check
Mon May 6 14:00:00 2013 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Update RPM group, description, URL
Tue Mar 26 13:00:00 2013 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Update to new upstream release 51
* Collation tailorings put native script first;
non-Gregorian calendar formats are more consistent;
* Date format/parse now supports CLDR short weekday names
* Support DisplayContext for date formatting, locale display names
* Support new timezone pattern characters in LDML spec
* Support for “dangi” Korean luni-solar calendar
* Add CompactDecimalFormat and TerritoryContainment APIs
* ICU50 regression fix: Affixes set with e.g.
DecimalFormat::setPositivePrefix were ignored for parse
* ICU50 regression fix: UNUM_PARSE_INT_ONLY no longer handled
- Recompress to xz to save space
Fri Jan 25 13:00:00 2013 cfarrellAATTsuse.com
- license update: X11
official spdx.org license list now contains an entry for X11
Sat Jan 19 13:00:00 2013 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Update to version 50.1.2
* Fix an ABI regression introduced in 50.1, icu bug#9826
Wed Nov 14 13:00:00 2012 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Update to new upstream release 50
* Unicode 6.2: Turkish Lira Sign, improved word & line segmentation
(BreakIterator) for symbols
* CLDR 22.1: Data coverage & quality improved across all major
languages; new short width type for weekday names; new zhuyin
(Bopomofo) collation for Chinese; improved data for
CompactDecimalFormat & RBNF
* Time zone data: 2012h
* Ordinal-number support in MessageFormat & PluralRules
* Deprecate setLocale(locale) in PluralFormat
* Dictionary-based break iterators (word segmentation)
Wed Jul 11 14:00:00 2012 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Remove SuSEconfig.icu; only run the link updater on icu updates
Wed Jun 13 14:00:00 2012 cfarrellAATTsuse.com
- license update: SUSE-XFree86-1.0
The license (as stated in the license.html page) is not upstream at
http://www.spdx.org/licenses yet - thus, use this version (with SUSE-
proprietary prefix until the license goes upstream)
Tue Apr 10 14:00:00 2012 cfarrellAATTsuse.com
- license update: MIT and SUSE-Public-Domain
This is _not_ IBM Public License code.
Tue Apr 3 14:00:00 2012 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- Update to new upstream release 49.1:
* Unicode 6.1: New scripts & blocks; changes to grapheme break &
line break property values; some characters change from symbol to
Po or No; etc.
* CLDR 21.0.1: Changes in segmentation data to match Unicode 6.1;
new structures for support of Chinese calendar, for
context-dependent capitalization, for gender of lists of people,
for ordinal categories, and for multiple number systems per
locale; deprecation of \"commonlyUsed\" element in timezone names;
removal of \"whole-locale\" aliases; major cleanups of timezone
names, delimiter data, abbreviated number data.
* Support for ISO 4217 numeric currency code
* See http://site.icu-project.org/download/49 for more
Sat Feb 25 13:00:00 2012 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- Use shlib policy for icu package
- Use proper data directory in CXXFLAGS
Wed Jan 18 13:00:00 2012 vuntzAATTopensuse.org
- Update to version 18.104.22.168:
+ Time zone database version 2011k
+ Several bug fixes.
- Changes from version 4.8.1:
+ Common Locale Data Repository (CLDR) 2.0.1
+ Time zone database version 2011h
+ Several bug fixes.
- Changes from version 4.8.0:
+ Common Changes:
- CLDR 2.0: The CLDR 2.0 release contains numerous improvements
and bug fixes approved by the CLDR committee, including much
additional data for many languages.
- Explicit parent locale support in data imported from CLDR
- MessageFormat and related classes (choice/plural/select) have
been reimplemented, with several improvements and some
- Extended PluralFormat pattern syntax supports explicit-value
forms and offsets.
- Utility APIs in PluralRules (get some/all/unique keyword
- Time zone API to return a list of available canonical system
time zone IDs
- Time zone API to return a region
- Collation: Full implementation & public API for script
- Dictionary-type trie
- GB18030-2005 update
+ ICU4C Specific Changes:
- Alphabetic Index support ported from ICU4J
- X11 Compound Text encoding support ported from ICU4J
- Appendable interface
- Add unzip BuildRequires to handle .zip source file.
- Change the way we unpack the docs zip file: we need to create the
html subdirectory first, so we don\'t unpack via %setup but with
an explicit call to unzip.
Sat Dec 24 13:00:00 2011 vuntzAATTopensuse.org
- Remove call to suse_update_config, and stop removing
Thu Dec 22 13:00:00 2011 vuntzAATTopensuse.org
- Add automake BuildRequires that was implicit before, to fix
Wed Oct 12 14:00:00 2011 vuntzAATTopensuse.org
- Drop pkgdata.diff: everything leads me to think this is not
needed anymore. Debian doesn\'t ship this patch with its 4.4
version of ICU. This patch was just a workaround in the first
Tue Oct 11 14:00:00 2011 dmuellerAATTsuse.de
- Disable \"make check\" when run under qemu.
Tue Aug 2 14:00:00 2011 idonmezAATTnovell.com
- Enable strict-aliasing again since the code seems to be fixed.
- Enable make check inside %check.
- Cleanup the spec file with spec-cleaner.
Thu May 5 14:00:00 2011 vuntzAATTopensuse.org
- Update to version 4.6.1:
+ Common Locale Data Repository (CLDR) 1.9.1
+ Update timezone data support to Olson 2011c
+ Fix: UCOL_RUNTIME_VERSION should be updated for 4.6
+ Fix: Collation Reordering Use Of USCRIPT_UNKNOWN
+ Fix: Can\'t find Hangul with search coll (usearch doesn\'t handle
CE iter behavior)
+ Fix: ULocale#toLanguageTag() should not supply \"und\" as
language when the locale has only private use
+ Fix: USpoof uses NFKD, should be NFD
+ ICU4C-specific bug fixes, including:
- ICU misparses numbers in scientific notation
- detect out of memory issue for Hashtable in low memory
- Changes from version 4.6.0:
+ Unicode 6.0:
- Supports final version of Unicode 6.0
- New UCA data for collation/sorting, with refinements from
CLDR; this data is revamped for more effective use of
collation weights, and noncharacters are now handled
- Support for 2,088 new characters, including the new emoji and
Indian Rupee sign
- Fully updated properties
+ CLDR 1.9:
- Supports final version of CLDR 1.9
- The CLDR release contains numerous improvements and bug fixes
approved by the CLDR committee, mainly in the areas of
collation sequences, transliteration, and available date
+ Support for UTS #46 Unicode IDNA Compatibility Processing.
+ Alternate number symbols based on numbering system.
+ Compact collation tailoring syntax for reduced memory and disk
+ New collation [import] rule for reduced footprint and improved
+ Fast string BiDi direction detection.
+ ICU4C-specific changes:
- ICU 4.6 requires compiler RTTI to be turned on. Please see
the ICU4C readme for more details.
- pkg-config files for a standard way of linking against ICU.
- Promotion to AATTdraft (from AATTinternal) for most regex functions
that provide access via UText.
- Regex support for a \"find progress\" callback.
- Enhance regex APIs to support full 64-bit offsets and
- New regex API to set match and start position independently.
- Update icu-remove-datetime.patch to apply without fuzz.
- Rebase icu44-rpmlint.diff.
- Add pkg-config BuildRequires to automatically get
Fri Jan 14 13:00:00 2011 vuntzAATTopensuse.org
- Update to version 4.4.2:
+ Common Changes:
- Update LMBCS mapping table
- Time zone data 2010l
+ ICU4C Specific Changes:
- Fix: Difference between Java and C implementation with
- Fix: u_fflush (and thus u_fclose) not flushing stateful
- Fix: unum_parseInt64 is not giving proper error
- Fix: Missing header files in Windows build
Thu Jul 8 14:00:00 2010 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- Update to version 4.4.1
+ Common Changes
- Common Locale Data Repository (CLDR) 1.8.1
- Enabled non-Gregorian calendars in DateIntervalFormat
- Changes from version 4.4:
+ Common Changes
- Unicode 5.2 support.
- CLDR 1.8 data - over 22% more data, with many new locales.
- Normalizer2 - for fast, flexible normalization, paving the
way for UTS #46 support of international domain names.
- Optimized resource bundle format to reduce the ICU resource
bundle installation footprint.
- Hebrew calendar month numbering improvement.
- Finer granular ICU locale resource data packaging.
- SelectFormat - for selecting a translation by a keyword among
multiple alternatives when formatting messages.
- Flexible hour pattern handling in DateFormatPatternGenerator.
- Updated LMBCS converter implementation.
- EBCDIC converter enhancement for supporting various SI/SO
codes used by non-IBM mainframes.
- 64bit time zone transition data support.
+ ICU4C Specific Changes
- Regular Expressions support UText - allowing regular
expressions to work on large or discontiguous text
- DecimalFormat support for big decimal numbers.
- ICU Plug-ins - for packaging a specific ICU servce as plug-in
and calling different versions of plug-ins in a same
environment (Technology Preview).
- C++ public smart pointers.
- Java modified UTF-8 support.
- Improved UnicodeString substring operations.
- New usearch options to control matching of collation elements
- Use %_smp_mflags
- Add icu44-rpmlint.diff to fix some build errors.
- Add pkgdata.diff to help build on some architecture, see
Tue Apr 20 14:00:00 2010 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org
- In JeOS, libicu is installed by default but it should
require timezone package to fullfill all dependencies.
Tue May 26 14:00:00 2009 vuntzAATTnovell.com
- Drop icu4c-3_6-src-setBreakType-public.diff: it\'s not needed
anymore for OOo.
Sat May 23 14:00:00 2009 vuntzAATTnovell.com
- Update to 4.2:
+ Locale Data: ICU uses and supports data from Common Locale Data
Repository (CLDR) 1.7 , which includes data for 146 languages,
159 territories, 468 locales- 21% more locale data than the
+ Number system support and the number keyword.
+ Number system override in DateFormat.
+ Numerics used by Hebrew Calendar date in Hebrew locale.
+ BCP47 (language tag) / Locale transformation.
+ BCP47 mapping of LDML keywords.
+ Encoding selector: Return a list of charsets that can handle
the input text.
+ Simple duration: Implementation of CLDR duration format.
+ Available/Preferred keywords for a locale (Calendar, Collation,
+ StringPrep standard profiles: RFC3491 NAMEPREP, RFC3530 NFS4,
RFC3722 iSCSI, RFC3920 NodePrep/ResourcePrep, RFC4011 MIB,
RFC4013 SASLprep, RFC4505 trace and RFC4518 LDAPprep.
+ Miscellaneous Arabic shaping enhancements.
+ UTF-8 friendly internal data structure for Unicode data lookup.
+ API to get CLDR version used by ICU.
+ ISCII charset converter updates (added Gurumukhi, other
+ Performance improvements in Time Zone Name format/parse, and in
- Remove AutoReqProv: it\'s default now.
- Drop icu-gcc44.patch: fixed upstream.
- Do not package packaging doc in libicu-doc.
Sat Mar 28 13:00:00 2009 vuntzAATTnovell.com
- Add icu-remove-datetime.patch to be more build-compare friendly.
Mon Mar 2 13:00:00 2009 crrodriguezAATTsuse.de
- fix build with GCC 4.4
- remove static libraries