Changelog for archivemail-0.9.0-17.1.x86_64.rpm
Wed May 16 14:00:00 2012 gberAATTopensuse.org
- update to version 0.9.0
* IMAP: support for international mailbox names containing
- dropped obsolete archivemail-0.7.2-fix-paths.patch
Mon Feb 13 13:00:00 2012 cooloAATTsuse.com
- patch license to follow spdx.org standard
Sat Sep 17 14:00:00 2011 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- Remove redundant tags/sections from specfile
Fri Apr 1 14:00:00 2011 gberAATTopensuse.org
- update to version 0.8.2
Fri Aug 20 14:00:00 2010 gberAATTopensuse.org
- update to version 0.8.0
* new option --debug-imap to dump the IMAP conversation to stdout
* new option --all to archive all messages in a mailbox
* new option --prefix/-p, to specify an archive name prefix
* new option --archive-name/-a to hard-code an archive filename
* archivemail now expands wildcards in IMAP mailbox names
* many bugfixes
- dropped archivemail-0.7.2-fix-unnecessary-assertions.patch
- changed group to something more appropriate
Wed Jan 20 13:00:00 2010 guido+opensuse.orgAATTberhoerster.name
- build as noarch for opensuse > 11.1
- backported two fixes resulting in exceptions when archiving empty maildirs
or with --days=0
Fri Nov 9 13:00:00 2007 poemlAATTsuse.de
- update to 0.7.2
* fix crash with Python << 2.5, introduced with 0.7.1
Fri Nov 9 13:00:00 2007 poemlAATTsuse.de
- update to 0.7.1
* Fixed incompatibility with Python 2.5 which broke Maildir handling.
* Fixed IMAP message flag conversion which was completely broken.
* Username and password in IMAP URLs can now be double-quoted, so it should be
no longer a problem if they contain delimiters like the \'AATT\' character.
* New option --copy: archive mail, but don\'t delete it from the mailbox.
This is mainly useful for testing purposes, and complements --delete.
* IMAP: if selecting the mailbox fails, archivemail detects the server\'s
mailbox hierarchy delimiter, replaces slashes in the mailbox name with the
delimiter and tries again.
* When converting from other formats to mbox, archivemail used to preserve
existing \'Status\' and \'X-Status\' mbox headers; these are now silently
overwritten to ensure they have correct values.
* Invalid messages/files in Maildirs caused archivemail to silently stop
processing mails and claim it\'s all done. Now skip these and go ahead.
* The automatic seteuid feature of archivemail is insecure and thus
deprecated; it will be removed from later versions.
* archivemail now accepts --days=0
Fri Nov 3 13:00:00 2006 poemlAATTsuse.de
- update to 0.7.0 (bug numbers below are in the sf.net tracker
unless indicated otherwise)
* Fixed long options --filter-append and --pwfile to accept their arguments.
* Fixed From_ line generation to actually look for the \'Return-path\' and
\'From\' headers. Closes: #1555797
* Fixed IMAP authentication/URL parsing, which wasn\'t working at all in
v0.6.2. Require username encoded in URL, but be flexible with the password:
handle both --pwfile and URL-encoded password, and fallback to querying the
user if neither is present. Closes: #1555951
* Convert on-the-wire CRLF to native EOL when saving messages from an IMAP
folder. Closes: #1555803
* Updated man page. This also addresses #1555951
* Fixed unittest failure by updating --suffix testcase. Based on analysis by
Peter Poeml. Thanks, Peter.
* Fixed invalid IMAP filter string for large messages (--size option).
(Thanks to the anonymous bug reporter) Closes: #863813
* Fixed IMAP --dry-run so it doesn\'t download all messages that would be
* Fixed IMAP --delete which didn\'t work at all. (Thanks Anand)
Closes: Debian bug #203282
* Terminate each message in newly written mbox with an empty line if the
message source is not an mbox-format folder. (Thanks Chung-chieh Shan)
Closes: Debian bug #250410
* Mangle From_ in message body if the message source is not an mbox-format
folder. (Thanks Chung-chieh Shan) Closes: Debian bug #250402
* Added new option --dont-mangle to turn off From_ mangling.
* Bumped Python dependency to version 2.3.
* Fixed unittest TestMboxExclusiveLock which failed on Solaris. (Thanks Paul
Rodger) Closes: #904652
* Fixed unsafe creation of temporary files in the test suite.
This addresses Debian bug #385253, and reading the BTS log, it seems this
issue was assigned CVE-2006-4245, although I cannot find any further
reference to that CVE. Note that the bug was initially reported to affect
archivemail itself, too. This is not correct. (Thanks Joey Hess)
Closes: Debian bug #385253
* Fixed cleanup of temporary files after test suite failures.
* Fixed dotlocking race condition.
* Stats are now working with IMAP.
* Stats now report the total size of a mailbox and of the archived messages
* Always barf if the archive destination directory is world-writable.
* Distributing man page with the tarball again and fixed distutils setup.
Closes: #1574720 (Thanks Grant Goodyear)
* Improved IMAP error reporting
Fri Sep 29 14:00:00 2006 poemlAATTsuse.de
- fix build with python 2.5
Mon Jun 26 14:00:00 2006 poemlAATTsuse.de
- new package (0.6.2)
* add -F/--filter-append option to append an arbitrary string to the IMAP
* don\'t delete more than a certain number of messages at a time. The max
command len is limited. Fixes bug 942403 (Archiving large IMAP folders fails)
* add SSL support per imaps URL (after patch by Tobias Gruetzmacher)
* add -P/--pwfile option to supply the IMAP password, so it does not end up in
the shell history
* Fix SyntaxWarning: assignment to None (bug #843890)
* Use the archive cut date rather than the actual time with the --suffix
option. (Thanks Manuel Estrada Sainz)