Changelog for postgresql92-server-9.2.4-18.1.i586.rpm
Wed May 8 14:00:00 2013 schwabAATTsuse.de
- postgresql-tas-aarch64.patch: Implement TAS for aarch64
Mon Apr 15 14:00:00 2013 idonmezAATTsuse.com
- Add Source URL, see https://en.opensuse.org/SourceUrls
Tue Apr 2 14:00:00 2013 maxAATTsuse.com
- Updated to version 9.2.4 (bnc#812525):
* CVE-2013-1899: Fix insecure parsing of server command-line
switches. A connection request containing a database name that
begins with \"-\" could be crafted to damage or destroy files
within the server\'s data directory, even if the request is
* CVE-2013-1900: Reset OpenSSL randomness state in each
postmaster child process. This avoids a scenario wherein
random numbers generated by \"contrib/pgcrypto\" functions might
be relatively easy for another database user to guess. The
risk is only significant when the postmaster is configured
with ssl = on but most connections don\'t use SSL encryption.
* CVE-2013-1901: Make REPLICATION privilege checks test current
user not authenticated user. An unprivileged database user
could exploit this mistake to call pg_start_backup() or
pg_stop_backup(), thus possibly interfering with creation of
* See the release notes for the rest of the changes:
Wed Feb 13 13:00:00 2013 maxAATTsuse.com
- Version 9.2.3 also fixes bnc#802679, CVE-2013-0255.
- Remove postgresql92-full.spec.in and use postgresql92.spec as the
master for generating postgresql92-libs.spec.
Fri Feb 8 13:00:00 2013 darinAATTdarins.net
- Updated to version 9.2.3
* Prevent execution of enum_recv from SQL (Tom Lane)
* Fix multiple problems in detection of when a consistent database
state has been reached during WAL replay
* Fix detection of end-of-backup point when no actual redo
work is required
* Update minimum recovery point when truncating a relation file
* Fix recycling of WAL segments after changing recovery target
* Properly restore timeline history files from archive on
cascading standby servers
* Fix lock conflict detection on hot-standby servers
* Fix missing cancellations in hot standby mode
* See the release notes for the rest of the changes:
Tue Jan 8 13:00:00 2013 maxAATTsuse.com
- Use PDX license string.
Thu Dec 20 13:00:00 2012 maxAATTsuse.com
- Conflicts tags don\'t support the != operator.
Thu Dec 13 13:00:00 2012 darinAATTdarins.net
- Updated to version 9.2.2
* Fix multiple bugs associated with
CREATE/DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY
* Correct predicate locking for DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY
* Fix buffer locking during WAL replay
* Fix an error in WAL generation logic for GIN indexes
* Fix an error in WAL replay logic for SP-GiST indexes
* Fix incorrect detection of end-of-base-backup location
during WAL recovery
* Properly remove startup process\'s virtual XID lock when
promoting a hot standby server to normal running
* Avoid bogus \"out-of-sequence timeline ID\" errors in standby
* Prevent the postmaster from launching new child processes after
it\'s received a shutdown signal
* Fix the syslogger process to not fail when log_rotation_age
exceeds 2^31 milliseconds
* Fix WaitLatch() to return promptly when the requested timeout
* Avoid corruption of internal hash tables when out of memory
* Prevent file descriptors for dropped tables from being held
open past transaction end
* See the release notes for the rest of the changes:
Mon Nov 19 13:00:00 2012 maxAATTsuse.com
- Change mechanism for making postgresql??-devel exclusive
Fri Oct 5 14:00:00 2012 maxAATTsuse.com
- Resolve \"have choice for libpq.so.5\" by ignoring postgresql-libs.
Thu Oct 4 14:00:00 2012 maxAATTsuse.com
- Get the new packaging scheme over to the postgresql92 packages
and make 9.2 the new default version.
Mon Oct 1 14:00:00 2012 maxAATTsuse.com
- Bugfix release 9.1.6 (bnc#782251) to fix data corruption issues.
* Users who upgrade from a previous 9.1 release should run
REINDEX after applying this update.
See also: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/20120924updaterelease
* For the full list of changes, see
- Change the base name of all PostgreSQL packages from postgresql
to postgresql91 and adopt the new packaging schema, which allows
the parallel installation of multiple PostgreSQL versions to
simplify and speedup migration.
- Move init script, sysconfig file and firewall configuration into
a new package called postgresql-init which can work with
different PostgreSQL versions.
Mon Sep 17 14:00:00 2012 zawel1AATTgmail.com
- Security and bugfix release 9.1.5:
* Ignore SECURITY DEFINER and SET attributes for a procedural
language\'s call handler (CVE-2012-2655)
* Fix incorrect password transformation in \"contrib/pgcrypto\"\'s DES
crypt() function (CVE-2012-2143)
* Prevent access to external files/URLs via \"contrib/xml2\"\'s
* Prevent access to external files/URLs via XML entity references
* See the release notes for the rest of the changes:
Mon Mar 12 13:00:00 2012 maxAATTsuse.com
- Security and bugfix release 9.1.3:
* Require execute permission on the trigger function for \"CREATE
TRIGGER\" (CVE-2012-0866, bnc#749299).
* Remove arbitrary limitation on length of common name in SSL
certificates (CVE-2012-0867, bnc#749301).
* Convert newlines to spaces in names written in pg_dump
comments (CVE-2012-0868, bnc#749303).
* See the release notes for the rest of the changes:
- This also fixes bnc#701489.
Wed Oct 5 14:00:00 2011 maxAATTsuse.com
- New version 9.1.1. For detailed release notes, see:
- Stop using deprecated silent_mode in default config.
- postgresql-perl514.patch is no longer needed.
- Use %_smp_mflags for parallel make
- Keep the rpath when linking plperl [bnc#578053].
Fri Sep 16 14:00:00 2011 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- Add postgresql-devel to baselibs
Wed Jun 8 14:00:00 2011 maxAATTnovell.com
- Revert the postgresql-libs package split for SLE in preparation
of submitting the package to SLE11-SP1.
Wed May 25 14:00:00 2011 maxAATTnovell.com
- Fix file name of last added patch and remove overlong comment.
Wed May 25 14:00:00 2011 idonmezAATTnovell.com
- Add postgresql-9.0.4-perl514.patch: For Perl 5.14 GvCV(sv) is no
longer an lvalue and needs to be replaced by GvCV_set(sv, value)
Thu Apr 21 14:00:00 2011 maxAATTnovell.com
- Bugfix release: 9.0.4:
* This update contains a critical fix to the pg_upgrade utility
which prevents significant downtime issues. Do not use
pg_upgrade without installing this update first.
* change SQLSTATE for Hot Standby warnings
* prevent bgwriter hang during recovery
* prevent recursive composite type creation
* disallow dropping tables whose triggers are still pending
* allow use of \"replication\" as a user name
* prevent a crash during GEQO planning
* improve join plans for tables with missing statistics
* fix error with SELECT FOR UPDATE in a subselect
* close PL/python array slice memory leak
* allow SSL connections for users with no home directory
Fri Apr 1 14:00:00 2011 nkrinnerAATTnovell.com
- enabled --with-ossp-uuid
Fri Mar 4 13:00:00 2011 maxAATTnovell.com
- Fix the fix of the fix for the successors of postgresql-libs.
Mon Feb 21 13:00:00 2011 roAATTsuse.de
- provide postgresql-libs in the specfile that actually builds
the libs package
Sat Feb 19 13:00:00 2011 cooloAATTnovell.com
- fix update of libs
Thu Feb 17 13:00:00 2011 maxAATTnovell.com
- Move all of pgxs into the devel package to fix build of server
Wed Feb 16 13:00:00 2011 maxAATTnovell.com
- Move pg_config from -server to -devel to fix build of certain
client apps and language bindings, but using pg_config on the
client side is still considered broken, because it tells what
got linked into the server binary not what got linked into libpq.
Tue Feb 8 13:00:00 2011 maxAATTnovell.com
- Remove unneeded PreReq from postgresql on postgresql-libs.
Fri Feb 4 13:00:00 2011 maxAATTsuse.de
- New version: 9.0.3. For the complete release notes, see
- Build libs and devel separate from the main package.
- Build the PL subpackages as part of the main package.
- Have separate packages for libpq and libecpg.
- Generate the main and lib spec files from postgresql.spec.in.
Wed Dec 8 13:00:00 2010 maxAATTnovell.com
- Fix LSB conformance of the init script (bnc#658014).
Thu Oct 7 14:00:00 2010 maxAATTsuse.de
- Security and bugfix release 8.4.5 (bnc#643771):
* Use a separate interpreter for each calling SQL userid in
PL/Perl and PL/Tcl (CVE-2010-3433).
* Prevent possible crashes in pg_get_expr() by disallowing it
from being called with an argument that is not one of the
system catalog columns it\'s intended to be used with.
* Fix incorrect placement of placeholder evaluation.
* Fix possible duplicate scans of UNION ALL member relations.
* Fix \"cannot handle unplanned sub-select\" error.
* Fix mishandling of whole-row Vars that reference a view or
sub-select and appear within a nested sub-select.
* Fix mishandling of cross-type IN comparisons.
* Fix computation of ANALYZE statistics for tsvector columns.
* Improve planner\'s estimate of memory used by array_agg(),
string_agg(), and similar aggregate functions.
* Fix failure to mark cached plans as transient.
* Reduce PANIC to ERROR in some occasionally-reported btree
failure cases, and provide additional detail in the resulting
* Fix incorrect search logic for partial-match queries with GIN
* Prevent show_session_authorization() from crashing within
* Defend against functions returning setof record where not all
the returned rows are actually of the same rowtype.
* Fix possible corruption of pending trigger event lists during
* Fix possible failure when hashing a pass-by-reference function
* Improve merge join\'s handling of NULLs in the join columns.
* Take care to fsync the contents of lockfiles (both
postmaster.pid and the socket lockfile) while writing them.
* Avoid recursion while assigning XIDs to heavily-nested
* Avoid holding open old WAL segments in the walwriter process.
* Fix log_line_prefix\'s %i escape, which could produce junk
early in backend startup.
* Prevent misinterpretation of partially-specified relation
options for TOAST tables.
* Fix inheritance count tracking in ALTER TABLE ... ADD
* Fix possible data corruption in ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE
when archiving is enabled.
* Allow CREATE DATABASE and ALTER DATABASE ... SET TABLESPACE to
be interrupted by query-cancel.
* Improve CREATE INDEX\'s checking of whether proposed index
expressions are immutable.
* Fix REASSIGN OWNED to handle operator classes and families.
* Fix possible core dump when comparing two empty tsquery values.
* Fix LIKE\'s handling of patterns containing % followed by _
* Re-allow input of Julian dates prior to 0001-01-01 AD.
* Fix PL/pgSQL to throw an error, not crash, if a cursor is
closed within a FOR loop that is iterating over that cursor.
* In PL/Python, defend against null pointer results from
PyCObject_AsVoidPtr and PyCObject_FromVoidPtr
* In libpq, fix full SSL certificate verification for the case
where both host and hostaddr are specified.
* Make psql recognize DISCARD ALL as a command that should not
be encased in a transaction block in autocommit-off mode.
* Fix some issues in pg_dump\'s handling of SQL/MED objects.
* Improve pg_dump and pg_restore\'s handling of non-seekable
archive files. This is important for proper functioning of
* Improve parallel pg_restore\'s ability to cope with selective
restore (-L option).
* Fix ecpg to process data from RETURNING clauses correctly.
* Fix some memory leaks in ecpg.
* Improve contrib/dblink\'s handling of tables containing dropped
* Fix connection leak after \"duplicate connection name\" errors
* Fix contrib/dblink to handle connection names longer than 62
* Add hstore(text, text) function to contrib/hstore.
Thu May 27 14:00:00 2010 maxAATTsuse.de
- Security and bugfix release 8.4.4:
* Enforce restrictions in plperl using an opmask applied to the
whole interpreter, instead of using Safe.pm. Recent
developments have convinced us that Safe.pm is too insecure to
rely on for making plperl trustable. This change removes use of
Safe.pm altogether, in favor of using a separate interpreter
with an opcode mask that is always applied. Pleasant side
effects of the change include that it is now possible to use
Perl\'s strict pragma in a natural way in plperl, and that
Perl\'s $a and $b variables work as expected in sort routines,
and that function compilation is significantly
* Prevent PL/Tcl from executing untrustworthy code from
pltcl_modules. PL/Tcl\'s feature for autoloading Tcl code from
a database table could be exploited for trojan-horse attacks,
because there was no restriction on who could create or insert
into that table. This change disables the feature unless
pltcl_modules is owned by a superuser. (However, the
permissions on the table are not checked, so installations that
really need a less-than-secure modules table can still grant
suitable privileges to trusted non-superusers.) Also, prevent
loading code into the unrestricted \"normal\" Tcl interpreter
unless we are really going to execute a pltclu
* Fix data corruption during WAL replay of ALTER ... SET
TABLESPACE. When archive_mode is on, ALTER ... SET TABLESPACE
generates a WAL record whose replay logic was incorrect. It
could write the data to the wrong place, leading to
possibly-unrecoverable data corruption. Data corruption would
be observed on standby slaves, and could occur on the master as
well if a database crash and recovery occurred after committing
the ALTER and before the next checkpoint.
* Fix possible crash if a cache reset message is received during
rebuild of a relcache entry. This error was introduced in 8.4.3
while fixing a related failure.
* Apply per-function GUC settings while running the language
validator for the function.
* This avoids failures if the function\'s code is invalid without
the setting; an example is that SQL functions may not parse if
the search_path is not correct.
* Do constraint exclusion for inherited UPDATE and DELETE target
tables when constraint_exclusion = partition. Due to an
oversight, this setting previously only caused constraint
exclusion to be checked in SELECT commands.
* Do not allow an unprivileged user to reset superuser-only
parameter settings. Previously, if an unprivileged user ran
ALTER USER ... RESET ALL for himself, or ALTER DATABASE
... RESET ALL for a database he owns, this would remove all
special parameter settings for the user or database, even ones
that are only supposed to be changeable by a superuser. Now,
the ALTER will only remove the parameters that the user has
permission to change.
* Avoid possible crash during backend shutdown if shutdown occurs
when a CONTEXT addition would be made to log entries. In some
cases the context-printing function would fail because the
current transaction had already been rolled back when it came
time to print a log message.
* Fix erroneous handling of %r parameter in recovery_end_command.
The value always came out zero.
* Ensure the archiver process responds to changes in
archive_command as soon as possible.
* Fix pl/pgsql\'s CASE statement to not fail when the case
expression is a query that returns no rows.
* Update pl/perl\'s ppport.h for modern Perl versions.
* Fix assorted memory leaks in pl/python.
* Handle empty-string connect parameters properly in ecpg.
* Prevent infinite recursion in psql when expanding a variable
that refers to itself.
* Fix psql\'s \\copy to not add spaces around a dot within \\copy
(select ...). Addition of spaces around the decimal point in a
numeric literal would result in a syntax error.
* Avoid formatting failure in psql when running in a locale
context that doesn\'t match the client_encoding.
* Fix unnecessary \"GIN indexes do not support whole-index scans\"
errors for unsatisfiable queries using contrib/intarray
* Ensure that contrib/pgstattuple functions respond to cancel
* Make server startup deal properly with the case that shmget()
returns EINVAL for an existing shared memory segment.
This behavior has been observed on BSD-derived kernels
including OS X. It resulted in an entirely-misleading startup
failure complaining that the shared memory request size was too
Thu Apr 29 14:00:00 2010 maxAATTsuse.de
- Use %configure to pick up the default directories (bnc#600616).
Tue Mar 16 13:00:00 2010 maxAATTsuse.de
- Security and bugfix release 8.4.3.
Thu Mar 11 13:00:00 2010 maxAATTsuse.de
- Disable GSSAPI, XML, kerberos and make check in OBS for SLES9.
Thu Mar 11 13:00:00 2010 maxAATTsuse.de
- Fix build for SLES9
Tue Feb 9 13:00:00 2010 maxAATTsuse.de
- Fix package descriptions.
Wed Dec 16 13:00:00 2009 maxAATTsuse.de
- Security and bugfix release 8.4.2:
* CVE-2009-4136: Protect against indirect security threats
caused by index functions changing session-local state. This
change prevents allegedly-immutable index functions from
possibly subverting a superuser\'s session.
* CVE-2009-4034: Reject SSL certificates containing an embedded
null byte in the common name (CN) field. This prevents
unintended matching of a certificate to a server or client
name during SSL validation.
* Fix hash index corruption. The 8.4 change that made hash
indexes keep entries sorted by hash value failed to update the
bucket splitting and compaction routines to preserve the
ordering. So application of either of those operations could
lead to permanent corruption of an index, in the sense that
searches might fail to find entries that are present. To deal
with this, it is recommended to REINDEX any hash indexes you
may have after installing this update.
* Fix possible crash during backend-startup-time cache
* Avoid crash on empty thesaurus dictionary
* Prevent signals from interrupting VACUUM at unsafe times. This
fix prevents a PANIC if a VACUUM FULL is cancelled after it\'s
already committed its tuple movements, as well as transient
errors if a plain VACUUM is interrupted after having truncated
* Fix possible crash due to integer overflow in hash table size
calculation. This could occur with extremely large planner
estimates for the size of a hashjoin\'s result.
* Fix crash if a DROP is attempted on an internally-dependent
* Fix very rare crash in inet/cidr comparisons.
* Ensure that shared tuple-level locks held by prepared
transactions are not ignored.
* Fix premature drop of temporary files used for a cursor that is
accessed within a subtransaction.
* Fix memory leak in syslogger process when rotating to a new CSV
* Fix memory leak in postmaster when re-parsing \"pg_hba.conf\".
* Make FOR UPDATE/SHARE in the primary query not propagate into
* Fix bug with a WITH RECURSIVE query immediately inside another
* Fix concurrency bug in hash indexes. Concurrent insertions
could cause index scans to transiently report wrong results.
* Fix incorrect logic for GiST index page splits, when the split
depends on a non-first column of the index.
* Fix wrong search results for a multi-column GIN index with
* Fix bugs in WAL entry creation for GIN indexes. These bugs were
masked when full_page_writes was on, but with it off a WAL
replay failure was certain if a crash occurred before the next
* Don\'t error out if recycling or removing an old WAL file fails
at the end of checkpoint. It\'s better to treat the problem as
non-fatal and allow the checkpoint to complete. Future
checkpoints will retry the removal. Such problems are not
expected in normal operation, but have been seen to be caused
by misdesigned Windows anti-virus and backup software.
* Ensure WAL files aren\'t repeatedly archived on Windows. This is
another symptom that could happen if some other process
interfered with deletion of a no-longer-needed file.
* Fix PAM password processing to be more robust. The previous
code is known to fail with the combination of the Linux
pam_krb5 PAM module with Microsoft Active Directory as the
domain controller. It might have problems elsewhere too, since
it was making unjustified assumptions about what arguments the
PAM stack would pass to it.
* Raise the maximum authentication token (Kerberos ticket) size
in GSSAPI and SSPI authentication methods. While the old
2000-byte limit was more than enough for Unix Kerberos
implementations, tickets issued by Windows Domain Controllers
can be much larger.
* Ensure that domain constraints are enforced in constructs like
ARRAY[...]::domain, where the domain is over an array type.
* Fix foreign-key logic for some cases involving composite-type
columns as foreign keys.
* Ensure that a cursor\'s snapshot is not modified after it is
created. This could lead to a cursor delivering wrong results
if later operations in the same transaction modify the data the
cursor is supposed to return.
* Fix CREATE TABLE to properly merge default expressions coming
from different inheritance parent tables. This used to work but
was broken in 8.4.
* Re-enable collection of access statistics for sequences. This
used to work but was broken in 8.3.
* Fix processing of ownership dependencies during CREATE OR REPLACE
* Fix incorrect handling of WHERE \"x\"=\"x\" conditions. In some cases
these could get ignored as redundant, but they aren\'t -- they\'re
equivalent to \"x\" IS NOT NULL.
* Fix incorrect plan construction when using hash aggregation to
implement DISTINCT for textually identical volatile
* Fix Assert failure for a volatile SELECT DISTINCT ON expression.
* Fix ts_stat() to not fail on an empty tsvector value.
* Make text search parser accept underscores in XML attributes.
* Fix encoding handling in xml binary input. If the XML header
doesn\'t specify an encoding, we now assume UTF-8 by default;
the previous handling was inconsistent.
* Fix bug with calling plperl from plperlu or vice versa. An
error exit from the inner function could result in crashes due
to failure to re-select the correct Perl interpreter for the
* Fix session-lifespan memory leak when a PL/Perl function is
* Ensure that Perl arrays are properly converted to PostgreSQL
arrays when returned by a set-returning PL/Perl function. This
worked correctly already for non-set-returning functions.
* Fix rare crash in exception processing in PL/Python.
* Fix ecpg problem with comments in DECLARE CURSOR statements.
* Fix ecpg to not treat recently-added keywords as reserved
words. This affected the keywords CALLED, CATALOG, DEFINER,
ENUM, FOLLOWING, INVOKER, OPTIONS, PARTITION, PRECEDING, RANGE,
SECURITY, SERVER, UNBOUNDED, and WRAPPER.
* Re-allow regular expression special characters in psql\'s \\df
function name parameter.
* In \"contrib/pg_standby\", disable triggering failover with a
signal on Windows. This never did anything useful, because
Windows doesn\'t have Unix-style signals, but recent changes
made it actually crash.
* Put FREEZE and VERBOSE options in the right order in the VACUUM
command that \"contrib/vacuumdb\" produces.
* Fix possible leak of connections when \"contrib/dblink\"
encounters an error.
* Ensure psql\'s flex module is compiled with the correct system
header definitions. This fixes build failures on platforms
where --enable-largefile causes incompatible changes in the
* Make the postmaster ignore any application_name parameter in
connection request packets, to improve compatibility with
future libpq versions.
* Update the timezone abbreviation files to match current reality
This includes adding IDT to the default timezone abbreviation
Wed Dec 16 13:00:00 2009 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- package documentation as noarch
Mon Dec 14 13:00:00 2009 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- add baselibs.conf as a source
Wed Sep 16 14:00:00 2009 crrodriguezAATTnovell.com
- use find_lang to package language files correctly
Thu Sep 10 14:00:00 2009 maxAATTsuse.de
- Security and bugfix release 8.4.1:
* Fix WAL page header initialization at the end of archive
recovery. This could lead to failure to process the WAL in a
subsequent archive recovery.
* Fix \"cannot make new WAL entries during recovery\" error.
* Fix problem that could make expired rows visible after a crash.
This bug involved a page status bit potentially not being set
correctly after a server crash.
* Disallow RESET ROLE and RESET SESSION AUTHORIZATION inside
security-definer functions. This covers a case that was missed
in the previous patch that disallowed SET ROLE and SET SESSION
AUTHORIZATION inside security-definer functions.
* Make LOAD of an already-loaded loadable module into a no-op.
* Formerly, LOAD would attempt to unload and re-load the module,
but this is unsafe and not all that useful.
* Make window function PARTITION BY and ORDER BY items always be
interpreted as simple expressions. In 8.4.0 these lists were
parsed following the rules used for top-level GROUP BY and
ORDER BY lists. But this was not correct per the SQL standard,
and it led to possible circularity.
* Fix several errors in planning of semi-joins. These led to
wrong query results in some cases where IN or EXISTS was used
together with another join.
* Fix handling of whole-row references to subqueries that are
within an outer join. An example is SELECT COUNT(ss.
... LEFT JOIN (SELECT ...) ss ON .... Here, ss.
* would be
treated as ROW(NULL,NULL,...) for null-extended join rows,
which is not the same as a simple NULL. Now it is treated as a
* Fix Windows shared-memory allocation code. This bug led to the
often-reported \"could not reattach to shared memory\" error
* Fix locale handling with plperl.
This bug could cause the server\'s locale setting to change when
a plperl function is called, leading to data corruption.
* Fix handling of reloptions to ensure setting one option doesn\'t
force default values for others.
* Ensure that a \"fast shutdown\" request will forcibly terminate
open sessions, even if a \"smart shutdown\" was already in
* Avoid memory leak for array_agg() in GROUP BY queries.
* Treat to_char(..., \'TH\') as an uppercase ordinal suffix with
\'HH\'/\'HH12\'. It was previously handled as \'th\' (lowercase).
* Include the fractional part in the result of EXTRACT(second)
and EXTRACT(milliseconds) for time and time with time zone
This has always worked for floating-point datetime
configurations, but was broken in the integer datetime code.
* Fix overflow for INTERVAL \'x ms\' when x is more than 2 million
and integer datetimes are in use.
* Improve performance when processing toasted values in index
scans. This is particularly useful for PostGIS.
* Fix a typo that disabled commit_delay.
* Output early-startup messages to postmaster.log if the server
is started in silent mode. Previously such error messages were
discarded, leading to difficulty in debugging.
* Remove translated FAQs. They are now on the wiki. The main FAQ
was moved to the wiki some time ago.
* Fix pg_ctl to not go into an infinite loop if postgresql.conf
* Fix several errors in pg_dump\'s --binary-upgrade mode.
* pg_dump --binary-upgrade is used by pg_migrator.
* Fix contrib/xml2\'s xslt_process() to properly handle the
maximum number of parameters (twenty).
* Improve robustness of libpq\'s code to recover from errors
during COPY FROM STDIN.
* Avoid including conflicting readline and editline header files
when both libraries are installed.
* Work around gcc bug that causes \"floating-point exception\"
instead of \"division by zero\" on some platforms.
Mon Jul 27 14:00:00 2009 poemlAATTsuse.de
- postgresql-8.4.0-sle10-timestamptz.patch added, and applied
_only_ on SLE10. It fixes a build failure due to a test case that
seems to be confused by daylight saving time in the time zone
that the test expects its result (PDT vs. PST). Since this
failure happened only on SLE10, I assume that the test case isn\'t
broken, and some peculiarity on that (rather old now) platform is
to blame (possibly too old timezone files). Also, the testcase is
checking correctness when converting timezones > 32 bit, which
actually seems to work.
Wed Jul 15 14:00:00 2009 poemlAATTsuse.de
- replace \"ident sameuser\" with \"ident\" as auth method for the
initdb call in the init script, because the former doesn\'t work
with PostgreSQL 8.4. With the generated pg_hba.conf, PostgreSQL
failed to start. Added note to the upgrade READMEs. [bnc#522375]
Tue Jul 7 14:00:00 2009 maxAATTsuse.de
- New major release: 8.4.0
- Improvements include:
* Windowing Functions
* Common Table Expressions and Recursive Queries
* Default and variadic parameters for functions
* Parallel Restore
* Column Permissions
* Per-database locale settings
* Improved hash indexes
* Improved join performance for EXISTS and NOT EXISTS queries
* Easier-to-use Warm Standby
* Automatic sizing of the Free Space Map
* Visibility Map (greatly reduces vacuum overhead for
* Version-aware psql (backslash commands work against older
* Support SSL certificates for user authentication
* Per-function runtime statistics
* Easy editing of functions in psql
* New contrib modules: pg_stat_statements, auto_explain, citext,
Wed May 6 14:00:00 2009 maxAATTsuse.de
- Remove dependency on local posixrules from horology test.
Mon Mar 23 13:00:00 2009 maxAATTsuse.de
- Security release 8.3.7
* Fixes a vulnerability that allowed remote authenticated
users to cause a denial of service (stack consumption)
via mismatched encoding conversion requests.
* Details of the other bugfixes contained in this and
previous releases can be found here:
- Users of GiST indexes should \"REINDEX\" them after installing
- Re-added libpgport.a to the devel package, as some apps require
it, although it is meant to be internal to the PostgreSQL
- Fix removal of leftover files on database startup (bnc#473644).