MAN page from OpenSuSE fpc-3.2.2-bp154.2.37.x86_64.rpm
Section: FPC unit description file generator (1)
Updated: 11 November 2004Index
makeskel - generate description file for fpdoc.
makeskel [--descr=filename] [--disable-arguments] [--disable-errors] [--disable-function-results] [--disable-private] [--disable-protected] [--disable-seealso] [--emit-class-separator] [--help] [--lang=language] [--output=filename] [--update]--package=name --input=cmdline
makeskelscans a Free Pascal unit source file and generates a skeleton descriptionfile for it. It generates nodes for all identifiers found in the interfacesection of the unit, although this behaviour can be adjusted with someoptions. It can also update an existing XML file, and then emits only nodesfor identifiers for which no node exists yet.
You can invoke makeskelwith as the only required arguments the inputandpackagearguments. It should at least contain the name of the unit file for which documentation should be generated and the name of the package to which theunit belongs. The output of makeskel will go to standard output by default.
makeskelhas many options, most of them optional, defaults will be used in mostcases.
- This option must be used in conjunction with the update option. It specifies the name of a description filedescfilewhich must be updated. Note that the file must contain valid XML, or theupdate will fail. This option can be specified more than once.
- If this option is specified, makeskelwill not emit nodes for the arguments of functions and procedures. Bydefault, documentation nodes are emitted for functions and procedures aswell.
- By default, each documentation node will contain a errorsnode as well (excep for identifiers where this has no use, such as functionarguments). If this option is specified, no errorsnode will be generated.
- By default, for functions, a resultnode will be generated, to describe the result of the function. If thisoption is specified, no function result node will be generated.
- By default, documentation nodes are also generated for private fields or methods of a class. if this option is specified, the generation of nodes for privatefields or methods is skipped.
- By default, documentation nodes are also generated for protected fields ormethods of a class. if this option is specified, the generation of nodes for protected fields or methods is skipped.
- If this option is specified, a visible comment with the name of the classfor which documentation nodes will follow, is inserted between the nodesof two classes, making navigation easier.
- Emit a short help text and exit.
- The input (source) file to process. Multiple input files can be specified.The command may contain valid compiler options, currently the -Fipath(search path) and-dmacro(define macro) options are recognized.
- Sets the language for the output file. This will mainly set the strings usedfor the headers in various parts of the documentation files (by defaultthey're in english). Currently, valid options are
- This option tells makeskelwhere the output should go. If this option is not specified, the output issent to standard output (the screen).
- This option is required. It specifies the name of the package. All nodeswill be generated inside a node with name attributepackagename.
- Turns on update mode. In this mode, the output is a file which contains onlythe missing nodes to complete the documentation of the input files. Theexisting nodes must be specified with thedescrargument. Note that the output file may notbe the same as the input (description) nodes; A separate file must bespecified (or no file, in which case output goes to standard output.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.