MAN page from RedHat EL 8 fpc-3.2.0-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
Section: Free Pascal unit mover (1)
Updated: 9 June 1999Index
ppumove - The FPC Pascal unit mover.
ppumove [-sqbhw] [-o File] [-d path] [-e extension] files...
ppumove collects one or several Free Pascal unit files and archivesthem in a static or shared library.
You can invoke ppumove with as the only required argument the name of the unit from which you want to make an archive. Specifying multiple files is also possible, they will be put in the same archive.
ppumove has several options, which are case sensitive:
- This option tells ppumove to write a shell script (a batch file onDOS) that performs the needed calls to ar and ld. The scriptwill be called pmove, with an extension of .sh on Linux,and .bat on DOS. You can then call this script manually afterwards.
- -d path
- This option tells ppumove where to generate the new unit files.By default, this is the same directory as where the files are found. If you specify as the output extension the same extension as the unitsyou want to move, not specifying the destination directory may causeproblems.
- -e ext
- This option sets the extension of the new unit files to ext. Bydefault .ppl is used. However, you can specify .ppu as theextension. If you do, be sure to use also the -d switch, or you willoverwrite the old units. Note however, that the compiler will only look forextensions .ppu and .ppl when looking for units.
- Shows a short help screen.
- -o file
- This option allows you to specify the name of the library to be generated.You must use this option if you specify more than one unit on thecommand-line. If you specified only one unit on the command-line, the generated librarywill have the unit name, with lib prepended (on Linux).You do not need to specify the lib part, this will be prependedautomatically if needed.
- Tells ppumove to operate quietly.
- Tells ppumove to generate a static library. By default, a sharedlibrary is generated (except on DOS).
- Tells ppumove it should use the windows linker and archiver. Do notuse this option on Linux.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.