MAN page from OpenSuSE coreutils-doc-8.32-7.1.noarch.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: October 2021Index
echo - display a line of text
Echo the STRING(s) to standard output.
- do not output the trailing newline
- enable interpretation of backslash escapes
- disable interpretation of backslash escapes (default)
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
If -e is in effect, the following sequences are recognized:
- alert (BEL)
- produce no further output
- form feed
- new line
- carriage return
- horizontal tab
- vertical tab
- byte with octal value NNN (1 to 3 digits)
- byte with hexadecimal value HH (1 to 2 digits)
NOTE: your shell may have its own version of echo, which usually supersedesthe version described here. Please refer to your shell's documentationfor details about the options it supports.
Written by Brian Fox and Chet Ramey.
GNU coreutils online help: <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/
Report any translation bugs to <https://translationproject.org/team/
Copyright © 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Full documentation <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/echo
or available locally via: info aq(coreutils) echo invocationaq
- REPORTING BUGS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.