MAN page from CentOS Other libdb-utils-5.3.28-42.el8_4.x86_64.rpm
Section: BerkeleyDB Utilities (1)
Updated: 06 December 2016Index
db_replicate - Provide replication services
[-MVv] [-h home
] [-L file
] [-P password
] [-t secs
utility is a daemon process that provides replication/HA serviceson a transactional environment. This utility enables you to upgrade an existingTransactional Data Store application to an HA application with minor modifications.
- -h home
- Specify a home directory for the database environment; by default, the current working directory is used.
- -L file
- Log the execution of the db_replicate utility to the specified file in the following format,where ### is the process ID, and the date is the time the utility was started.
db_replicate: ### Wed Jun 15 01:23:45 EDT 1995
Additionally, events such as site role changes will be noted in the log file.This file will be removed if the db_replicate utility exits gracefully.
- Start the db_replicate utility to be the master site of the replication group.Otherwise, the site will be started as a client replica.
- -P password
- Specify an environment password. Although Berkeley DB utilities overwritepassword strings as soon as possible, be aware there may be a window ofvulnerability on systems where unprivileged users can see command-linearguments or where utilities are not able to overwrite the memorycontaining the command-line arguments.
- -T num-threads
- Specify the number of replication message processing threads.
- -t secs
- Specify how often (in seconds) the utility will check for program interruption and resend the last log record.
- Write the library version number to the standard output, and exit.
- Turn on replication verbose messages.These messages will be written to the standard output and will be quite voluminous.
The db_replicate utility does not attempt to create the Berkeley DB shared memory regionsif they do not already exist. The application that creates the region should be started first,and once the region is created, the db_replicate utility should be started.The application must use the DB_INIT_REP and DB_THREAD flags when creating the environment.
The db_replicate utility uses a Berkeley DB environment (as described for the-h option, the environment variable DB_HOME, orbecause the utility was run in a directory containing a Berkeley DBenvironment). In order to avoid environment corruption when using aBerkeley DB environment, db_replicate should always be given the chance todetach from the environment and exit gracefully. To cause db_replicateto release all environment resources and exit cleanly, send it aninterrupt signal (SIGINT).
utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs.
- If the -h option is not specified and the environment variableDB_HOME is set, it is used as the path of the database home, as describedin DB_ENV->open.
This utility is not supported for use with the DB SQL APIs.
- EXIT STATUS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.