MAN page from PLD 6tunnel-0.09-1.i586.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: Oct 13, 2001Index
6tunnel - tunnelling for application that don't speak IPv6
allows you to use services provided by IPv6 hosts with IPv4-onlyapplications and vice-versa. It can bind to any of your IPv4 (default) orIPv6 addresses and forward all data to IPv4 or IPv6 (default) host. Forexample
- 6tunnel -1 6668 irc6.net 6667
will be enough to connect to IPv6 irc server with
- irc foobar localhost:6668
If you don't wish to run6tunnelevery time you want to show your :c001: or :dead: IPv6 address on IRC,you can use-iparameter, which makes6tunnelask your client for specified password. Just run
- 6tunnel -i dupa.8 31337 irc6.net 6667
and then type
- irc foobar localhost:31337:dupa.8
If your IRC server requires you to send password, specify it with-Iparameter -- after successful proxy authentication6tunnelwill send it to the server.
6tunnelcan also be used as a tunnel for all other combinations of IPv4 and IPv6endpoints. If remote host doesn't have any IPv6 addresses,6tunnelwill use the IPv4 one. In other cases, use-4parameter which makes IPv4 address the preffered one. For IPv6-to-any tunnelsuse-6which makes6tunnelbind to IPv6 address.
- Exit after first connection.
- Preffer IPv4 endpoint if the machine has both address types.
- Listen on IPv6 address (IPv4 is default).
- Don't detach.
- Force tunneling even if remote host is not resolvable at the execution time.
- Print hex dump of every packet received or sent (hu-huh, Beavis, he saidhex dump!)
- -u username
- Change UID and GID after bind().
- -i password
- Act as an IRC proxy and require user to authenticate.
- -I password
- If you are using6tunnelas an IRC proxy and the IRC server requires you to send password, placeit right here.
- -l local_host
- Listen on specified address (IPv4, or IPv6 if-6used).
- -s source_host
- Connect to the remote host using specified source address.
- -L limit
- Limit simultaneous connections.
- -m map_file
- Bind to different IPv6 addresses, depending on client's IPv4 address.Example file format:
127.0.0.1 3ffe:8010:7::3192.168.16.2 3ffe:8010:7::5
- With this option specified connections will be allowed only fromlisted hosts. To allow any host to connect you have to add mapping for 0.0.0.0 address.
- -A filename
- Create a log file which looks like apache's access_log. It's useful, whenyou don't want to run your website with IPv6 and don't want to mess withtons of patches for apache.
- Be verbose and don't detach.
Terrible man page. Hex dump doesn't include IRC proxy authentication.IRC proxy requires your client to send password first (don't worry ircii,EPIC, BitchX, mIRC and many more will work). No logging except debug output.
Wojtek Kaniewski (email@example.com
), Tomek Lipski (lemurAATTirc.pl),Dariusz Jackowski (ascentAATTlinux.pl)
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.