MAN page from RedHat EL 8 am-utils-6.2.0-38.el8.x86_64.rpm
Section: Maintenance Commands (8)
Updated: 15 September 2011Index
amq - automounter query tool
] [-h hostname
] [-l log_file
] [-x log_options
] [-D debug_options
] [-P program_number
provides a simple way of determining the current state ofamd
program.Communication is byRPC.
Three modes of operation are supported by the current protocol. By defaulta list of mount points and auto-mounted filesystems is output. Analternative host can be specified using the-h
Ifdirectorynames are given, as output by default, then per-filesysteminformation is displayed.
- Ask the automounter to flush the internal caches and reload all the maps.
- -h hostname
- Specify an alternate host to query. By default the local host is used. InanHP-UXcluster, the root server is queried by default, since that is the system onwhich the automounter is normally run.
- Print information about the mount maps.
- -l log_file
- Tell amd to uselog_fileas the log file name. For security reasons, this must be the same log filewhich amd used when started. This option is therefore only useful torefresh amd's open file handle on the log file, so that it can be rotatedand compressed via daily cron jobs.
- Ask the automounter to provide a list of mounted filesystems, including thenumber of references to each filesystem and any error which occurred whilemounting.
- Return the process ID of the remote or locally running amd. Useful when youneed to send a signal to the local amd process, and would rather not have tosearch through the process table. This option is used in thectl-amdscript.
- Suppress error messages produced when attempting synchronous unmountswith the-uoption.
- Ask the automounter to provide system-wide mount statistics.
- Ask the automounter to unmount the filesystems named indirectoryinstead of providinginformation about them. Unmounts are requested, not forced. They merelycause the mounted filesystem to timeout, which will be picked up byamd'smain scheduler thus causing the normal timeout action to be taken.If the-uoption is repeated,amqwill attempt to unmount the file system synchronously by waiting untilthe timeout action is taken and returning an error if the unmountfails.Any error messages produced may be suppressed with the-qoption.
- Ask the automounter for its version information. This is a subset of theinformation output byamd's-voption.
- Translate a full pathname as returned bygetcwd(3)into a shortAmdpathname that goes through its mount points. This option requires thatAmdis running.
- -x log_options
- Ask the automounter to use the logging options specified inlog_optionsfrom now on. Note that the "fatal" and "error" options cannot be turnedoff.
- -D debug_options
- Ask the automounter to use the debugging options specified indebug_optionsfrom now on.
- Display short usage message.
- -P program_number
- Contact an alternate running amd that had registered itself on a differentRPCprogram_numberand apply all other operations to that instance of the automounter. This isuseful when you run multiple copies of amd, and need to manage eachone separately. If not specified, amq will use the default program numberfor amd, 300019. For security reasons, the only alternate program numbersamd can use range from 300019 to 300029, inclusive.
- Contactamdusing the TCP transport only. Normallyamqwill try TCP, and if that failed, will try UDP.
- Contactamdusing UDP (connectionless) transport only. Normallyamqwill try TCP, and if that failed, will try UDP.
- RPCprotocol description.
uses a Sun registeredRPC
program number (300019 decimal) which may notbe in the /etc/rpc database.
If the TCP wrappers library is available, and theuse_tcpwrappersglobalamd.confoption is set to ``yes'', thenamdwill verify that the host runningamqis authorized to connect. Theamdservice name must used in the/etc/hosts.allowand/etc/hosts.denyfiles. For example, to allow only localhost to connect toamd,add this line to/etc/hosts.allow:
- amd: localhost
and this line to/etc/hosts.deny:
- amd: ALL
Linux NFS and Automounter Administrationby Erez Zadok, ISBN 0-7821-2739-8, (Sybex, 2001).
Amd - The 4.4 BSD Automounter
Jan-Simon Pendry <jspAATTdoc.ic.ac.uk>, Department of Computing, Imperial College, London, UK.Erez Zadok <ezkAATTcs.sunysb.edu>, Computer Science Department, Stony BrookUniversity, Stony Brook, New York, USA.Other authors and contributors to am-utils are listed in theAUTHORS
file distributed with am-utils.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.