MAN page from CentOS 8 perl-IO-1.40-452.module_el8.4.0+646+45e06e4a.x86_64.rpm
Section: Perl Programmers Reference Guide (3pm)
IO::Poll - Object interface to system poll call
use IO::Poll qw(POLLRDNORM POLLWRNORM POLLIN POLLHUP); $poll = IO::Poll->new(); $poll->mask($input_handle => POLLIN); $poll->mask($output_handle => POLLOUT); $poll->poll($timeout); $ev = $poll->events($input);
is a simple interface to the system level poll routine.
- mask ( IO [, EVENT_MASK ] )
- If EVENT_MASK is given, then, if EVENT_MASK is non-zero, IO is added to thelist of file descriptors and the next call to poll will check forany event specified in EVENT_MASK. If EVENT_MASK is zero then IO will beremoved from the list of file descriptors.
If EVENT_MASK is not given then the return value will be the currentevent mask value for IO.
- poll ( [ TIMEOUT ] )
- Call the system level poll routine. If TIMEOUT is not specified then thecall will block. Returns the number of handles which had eventshappen, or -1 on error.
- events ( IO )
- Returns the event mask which represents the events that happened on IOduring the last call to "poll".
- remove ( IO )
- Remove IO from the list of file descriptors for the next poll.
- handles( [ EVENT_MASK ] )
- Returns a list of handles. If EVENT_MASK is not given then a list of allhandles known will be returned. If EVENT_MASK is given then a listof handles will be returned which had one of the events specified byEVENT_MASK happen during the last call ti "poll"
(2), IO::Handle, IO::Select
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report allbugs to <perlbugAATTperl.org>.
Copyright (c) 1997-8 Graham Barr <gbarrAATTpobox.com>. All rights reserved.This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/ormodify it under the same terms as Perl itself.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.