MAN page from OpenSuSE coreutils-doc-8.32-1.1.noarch.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: October 2020Index
comm - compare two sorted files line by line
]... ,FILE1 FILE2/
Compare sorted files FILE1 and FILE2 line by line.
When FILE1 or FILE2 (not both) is -, read standard input.
With no options, produce three-column output. Column one containslines unique to FILE1, column two contains lines unique to FILE2,and column three contains lines common to both files.
- suppress column 1 (lines unique to FILE1)
- suppress column 2 (lines unique to FILE2)
- suppress column 3 (lines that appear in both files)
- check that the input is correctly sorted, evenif all input lines are pairable
- do not check that the input is correctly sorted
- separate columns with STR
- output a summary
- -z, --zero-terminated
- line delimiter is NUL, not newline
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
Note, comparisons honor the rules specified by 'LC_COLLATE'.
- comm -12 file1 file2
- Print only lines present in both file1 and file2.
- comm -3 file1 file2
- Print lines in file1 not in file2, and vice versa.
Written by Richard M. Stallman and David MacKenzie.
GNU coreutils online help: <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/
Report any translation bugs to <https://translationproject.org/team/
Copyright © 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Full documentation <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/comm>
or available locally via: info aq(coreutils) comm invocationaq
- REPORTING BUGS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.