MAN page from OpenSuSE coreutils-doc-8.32-1.1.noarch.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: October 2020Index
b2sum - compute and check BLAKE2 message digest
Print or check BLAKE2 (512-bit) checksums.
With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input.
- -b, --binary
- read in binary mode
- -c, --check
- read BLAKE2 sums from the FILEs and check them
- -l, --length
- digest length in bits; must not exceed the maximum forthe blake2 algorithm and must be a multiple of 8
- create a BSD-style checksum
- -t, --text
- read in text mode (default)
- -z, --zero
- end each output line with NUL, not newline,and disable file name escaping
The following five options are useful only when verifying checksums:
- don't fail or report status for missing files
- don't print OK for each successfully verified file
- don't output anything, status code shows success
- exit non-zero for improperly formatted checksum lines
- -w, --warn
- warn about improperly formatted checksum lines
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
The sums are computed as described in RFC 7693. When checking, the inputshould be a former output of this program. The default mode is to print aline with checksum, a space, a character indicating input mode ('*' for binary,' ' for text or where binary is insignificant), and name for each FILE.
Note: There is no difference between binary mode and text mode on GNU systems.
Written by Padraig Brady and Samuel Neves.
GNU coreutils online help: <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/
Report any translation bugs to <https://translationproject.org/team/
Copyright © 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Full documentation <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/b2sum
or available locally via: info aq(coreutils) b2sum invocationaq
- The following five options are useful only when verifying checksums:
- REPORTING BUGS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.