MAN page from OpenSuSE udev-246.6-lp152.mo.1.5.x86_64.rpm
Section: udev.conf (5)
udev.conf - Configuration for device event managing daemon
systemd-udevd(8)expects its main configuration file at/etc/udev/udev.conf. It consists of a set of variables allowing the user to override default udev values. All empty lines or lines beginning with '#' are ignored. The following variables can be set:
- The log level. Valid values are the numerical syslog priorities or their textual representations:err,infoanddebug.
- An integer. The maximum number of events executed in parallel.
This is the same as the--children-max=option.
- An integer. Delay the execution ofRUNinstructions by the given number of seconds. This option might be useful when debugging system crashes during coldplug caused by loading non-working kernel modules.
This is the same as the--exec-delay=option.
- An integer. The number of seconds to wait for events to finish. After this time, the event will be terminated. The default is 180 seconds.
This is the same as the--event-timeout=option.
- Specifes when systemd-udevd should resolve names of users and groups. When set toearly(the default), names will be resolved when the rules are parsed. When set tolate, names will be resolved for every event. When set tonever, names will never be resolved and all devices will be owned by root.
This is the same as the--resolve-names=option.
- Specifies a signal thatsystemd-udevdwill send on worker timeouts. Note that both workers and spawned processes will be killed using this signal. Defaults toSIGKILL.
In addition,systemd-udevdcan be configured by command line options and the kernel command line (seesystemd-udevd(8)).
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.