MAN page from CentOS 6 libtiff-3.9.4-10.el6_5.x86_64.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: November 2, 2005Index
raw2tiff - create aTIFF
file from a raw data
converts a raw byte sequence intoTIFF.
By default, theTIFF
image is created with data samples packed (PlanarConfiguration
=1),compressed with the PackBits algorithm (Compression
=32773),and with each strip no more than 8 kilobytes.These characteristics can overridden, or explicitly specifiedwith the options described below.
- -H number
- size of input image file header in bytes (0 by default). This amount of datajust will be skipped from the start of file while reading.
- -w number
- width of input image in pixels (can be guessed, seeGUESSING THE IMAGE GEOMETRYbelow).
- -l number
- length of input image in lines (can be guessed, seeGUESSING THE IMAGE GEOMETRYbelow).
- -b number
- number of bands in input image (1 by default).
- -d data_type
- type of samples in input image, wheredata_typemay be:
byte 8-bit unsigned integer (default),
short 16-bit unsigned integer,
long 32-bit unsigned integer,
sbyte 8-bit signed integer,
sshort 16-bit signed integer,
slong 32-bit signed integer,
float 32-bit IEEE floating point,
double 64-bit IEEE floating point.
- -i config
- type of samples interleaving in input image, whereconfigmay be:
pixel pixel interleaved data (default),
band band interleaved data.
- -p photo
- photometric interpretation (color space) of the input image, wherephotomay be:
miniswhite white color represented with 0 value,
minisblack black color represented with 0 value (default),
rgb image has RGB color model,
cmyk image has CMYK (separated) color model,
ycbcr image has YCbCr color model,
cielab image has CIE L*a*b color model,
icclab image has ICC L*a*b color model,
itulab image has ITU L*a*b color model.
- swap bytes fetched from the input file.
- input data has LSB2MSB bit order (default).
- input data has MSB2LSB bit order.
- Specify a compression scheme to use when writing image data:-c nonefor no compression,-c packbitsfor the PackBits compression algorithm (the default),-c jpegfor the baseline JPEG compression algorithm,-c zipfor the Deflate compression algorithm,and-c lzwfor Lempel-Ziv & Welch.
- -r number
- Write data with a specified number of rows per strip;by default the number of rows/strip is selected so that each stripis approximately 8 kilobytes.
GUESSING THE IMAGE GEOMETRYraw2tiff
can guess image width and height in case one or both of these parameters arenot specified. If you omit one of those parameters, the complementary one willbe calculated based on the file size (taking into account header size, numberof bands and data type). If you omit both parameters, the statistical approachwill be used. Utility will compute correlation coefficient between two linesat the image center using several appropriate line sizes and the highestabsolute value of the coefficient will indicate the right line size. That iswhy you should be cautious with the very large images, because guessingprocess may take a while (depending on your system performance). Of course, theutility can't guess the header size, number of bands and data type, so itshould be specified manually. If you don't know anything about your image,just try with the several combinations of those options.There is no magic, it is just a mathematical statistics, so it can be wrongin some cases. But for most ordinary images guessing method will work fine.
Libtiff library home page:http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/
- GUESSING THE IMAGE GEOMETRY
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.