MAN page from RedHat EL 6 php73-php-fpm-7.3.24~RC1-1.el6.remi.x86_64.rpm
Section: Scripting Language (8)
- php-fpm - PHP FastCGI Process Manager 'PHP-FPM'
is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited forWeb development and can be embedded into HTML. This is a variant of PHP that will run in the background as a daemon, listening for CGI requests. Output is logged to /var/opt/remi/php73/log/php-fpm.log.
Most options are set in the configuration file. The configuration file is /etc/opt/remi/php73/php-fpm.conf. By default, php-fpm will respond to CGI requests listening on localhost http port 9000. Therefore php-fpm expects your webserver to forward all requests for '.php' files to port 9000 and you should edit your webserver configuration file appropriately.
- Do not chdir to the script's directory
- --php-ini path|file
- -c path|fileLook forphp.inifile in the directorypathor use the specifiedfile
- -nNophp.inifile will be used
- --define foo[=bar]
- -d foo[=bar]Define INI entryfoowith valuebar
- Generate extended information for debugger/profiler
- -hThis help
- -iPHP information and configuration
- -mShow compiled in modules
- -vVersion number--prefix path
- -pSpecify alternative prefix path (the default is /opt/remi/php73/root/usr)
- --pid file
- -gSpecify the PID file location.
- --fpm-config file
- -ySpecify alternative path to FastCGI process manager configuration file (the default is /etc/opt/remi/php73/php-fpm.conf)
- -tTest FPM configuration file and exitIf called twice (-tt), the configuration is dumped before exiting.
- -DForce to run in background and ignore daemonize option from configuration file.
- -FForce to stay in foreground and ignore daemonize option from configuration file.
- -OForce output to stderr in nodaemonize even if stderr is not a TTY.
- -RAllow pool to run as root (disabled by default)
- The configuration file for the php-fpm daemon.
- The standard php configuration file.
For any unix systems which use init.d for their main process manager, you should use the init script provided to start and stop the php-fpm daemon.
- sudo /etc/init.d/php-fpm start
- For any unix systems which use systemd for their main process manager, you should use the unit file provided to start and stop the php-fpm daemon.
- sudo systemctl start php-fpm.service
- If your installation has no appropriate init script, launch php-fpm with no arguments. It will launch as a daemon (background process) by default. The file /var/opt/remi/php73/run/php-fpm.pid determines whether php-fpm is already up and running. Once started, php-fpm then responds to several POSIX signals:
- SIGINT,SIGTERM immediate termination
- SIGQUIT graceful stop
- SIGUSR1 re-open log file
- SIGUSR2 graceful reload of all workers + reload of fpm conf/binary
The PHP-FPM CGI daemon will work well with most popular webservers, including Apache2, lighttpd and nginx.
The PHP-FPM website:http://php-fpm.org
For a more or less complete description of PHP look here:http://www.php.net/manual/
A nice introduction to PHP by Stig Bakken can be found here:http://www.zend.com/zend/art/intro.php
You can view the list of known bugs or report any new bug youfound at:http://bugs.php.net
PHP-FPM SAPI was written by Andrei Nigmatulin. The mailing-lists are highload-php-en (English) and highload-php-ru (Russian).The PHP Group: Thies C. Arntzen, Stig Bakken, Andi Gutmans, Rasmus Lerdorf, Sam Ruby, Sascha Schumann, Zeev Suraski, Jim Winstead, Andrei Zmievski.A List of active developers can be found here:http://www.php.net/credits.php
And last but not least PHP was developed with the help of a huge amount ofcontributors all around the world.
This manpage describes php-fpm
, version 7.3.24RC1.
Copyright © 1997-2018 The PHP GroupCopyright (c) 2007-2009, Andrei Nigmatulin
This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license,that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and isavailable through the world-wide-web at the following url:http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txtIf you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable toobtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note tolicenseAATTphp.netso we can mail you a copy immediately.
- SEE ALSO
- VERSION INFORMATION
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.