MAN page from OpenSuSE xorg-x11-Xvnc-1.9.0-lp126.96.36.199.x86_64.rpm
Section: Virtual Network Computing (1)
vncconfig - configure and control a VNC server
is used to configure and control a running instance of Xvnc, or any other Xserver with the VNC extension. Note that it cannot be used to control VNCservers prior to version 4.
When run with no options, it runs as a kind of "helper" application for Xvnc.Its main purpose when run in this mode is to query the user how newconnections should be handled (provided this feature is enabled). The-nowin flag can be used if you always want the query support but don'twish to clutter the desktop with the settings window - alternatively the-iconic option can be used to make it iconified by default.
When run in any other mode, vncconfig is a one-shot program used toconfigure or control Xvnc as appropriate. It can be used to tell Xvnc toconnect or disconnect from listening viewers, and to set and retrieve Xvnc'sparameters.
Note that the DISPLAY environment variable or the -display optionmust be set as appropriate to control Xvnc. If you run it on an ordinary Xserver (or on a version 3 Xvnc) you will get an error message saying that thereis no VNC extension.
- -connect host[:port]
- Tells an Xvnc server to make a "reverse" connection to a listening VNC viewer(normally connections are made the other way round - the viewer connects to theserver). host is the host where the listening viewer is running. If it'snot listening on the default port of 5500, you can specify host:portinstead.
- This causes Xvnc to disconnect from all viewers so that the VNC desktop is notdisplayed anywhere.
- [-set] Xvnc-param=value
- Sets an Xvnc parameter to the given value. Note that some of Xvnc's parametersare read only once at startup so that changing them in this way may not haveany effect.
- Lists all the parameters supported by Xvnc.
- -get Xvnc-param
- Prints the current value of the given Xvnc parameter.
- -desc Xvnc-param
- Prints a short description of the given Xvnc parameter.
also has parameters of its own which can be set on the command line. Theseshould not be confused with Xvnc's parameters which are manipulated with the-set
Parameters can be turned on with -param or off with -param=0.Parameters which take a value can be specified as -param value.Other valid forms are param=value -param=value--param=value. Parameter names are case-insensitive.
- -display Xdisplay
- Specifies the Xvnc server to control.
- When run as a "helper" app, don't put up a window.
- When run as a "helper" app, make the window iconified at startup.
Tristan Richardson, RealVNC Ltd. and others.
VNC was originally developed by the RealVNC team while at OlivettiResearch Ltd / AT&T Laboratories Cambridge. TightVNC additions wereimplemented by Constantin Kaplinsky. Many other people have sinceparticipated in development, testing and support. This manual is partof the TigerVNC software suite.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.