MAN page from Trustix openssl-0.9.7c-15tr.i586.rpm
Section: OpenSSL (1)
crl2pkcs7 - Create a PKCS#7 structure from a CRL and certificates.
command takes an optional CRL
and one or morecertificates and converts them into a PKCS#7 degenerate ``certificatesonly'' structure.
- -inform DER|PEM
- This specifies the CRL input format. DER format is DER encoded CRLstructure.PEM (the default) is a base64 encoded version ofthe DER form with header and footer lines.
- -outform DER|PEM
- This specifies the PKCS#7 structure output format. DER format is DERencoded PKCS#7 structure.PEM (the default) is a base64 encoded version ofthe DER form with header and footer lines.
- -in filename
- This specifies the input filename to read a CRL from or standard input if thisoption is not specified.
- -out filename
- specifies the output filename to write the PKCS#7 structure to or standardoutput by default.
- -certfile filename
- specifies a filename containing one or more certificates in PEM format.All certificates in the file will be added to the PKCS#7 structure. Thisoption can be used more than once to read certificates form multiplefiles.
- normally a CRL is included in the output file. With this option no CRL isincluded in the output file and a CRL is not read from the input file.
Create a PKCS#7 structure from a certificate and CRL:
openssl crl2pkcs7 -in crl.pem -certfile cert.pem -out p7.pem
Creates a PKCS#7 structure in DER format with no CRL from severaldifferent certificates:
openssl crl2pkcs7 -nocrl -certfile newcert.pem -certfile demoCA/cacert.pem -outform DER -out p7.der
The output file is a PKCS#7 signed data structure containing no signers andjust certificates and an optional CRL
This utility can be used to send certificates and CAs to Netscape as part ofthe certificate enrollment process. This involves sending the DER encoded outputas MIME type application/x-x509-user-cert.
The PEM encoded form with the header and footer lines removed can be used toinstall user certificates and CAs in MSIE using the Xenroll control.
- COMMAND OPTIONS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.