MAN page from Trustix iputils-0.0.20001011-1tr.i586.rpm
Section: Iputils-ss990107 (8)
Updated: Jan 1999Index
clockdiff - Measures clock difference between us and <destination> with 1msecresolution. Without -o option it uses icmp timestamps, with -oit uses icmp echo with timestamp IP option.
- * some nodes (f.e. Solaris<2.4) do not support icmp
- timestamps. clockdiff -o still works.
- * some nodes (Cisco) use non-standard timestamps,
- which makes clockdiff useless.
- * some nodes use wrong timestamps (Solaris>2.4), if
- run xntpd. Seems, it uses different clock source,which is synchronized to time-of-day clock periodically.
- * -o1 uses three-node tstamp. What option (-o or -o1)
- works better depends on target host.
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.