MAN page from Trustix iputils-20001011-1tr.i586.rpm
Section: Linux Programmer's Manual (8)
Updated: January 1999Index
arping - Ping <address> on device <interface> by ARP packets,using source address <source>.
Ping <address> on device <interface> by ARP packets,using source address <source>.
- -c count
- number of pings.
- -w timeout
- stop after this time.
- do not print any messages.
- duplicate address detection mode.Returns 0, if DAD suceeded i.e. no repliesare received.
- Unsolicited ARP mode to update neighbours' ARP caches.
- The same as -U, but ARP REPLY packets used insteadof ARP REQUEST.
- If -s option is absent, source address is:
- 1. In normal mode calculated from routing tables.2. In DAD (-D) mode set to 0.0.0.03. In Unsilicited ARP mode (-U,-A) set to <address>
GENERAL NOTE: all these applets, except for tracepathshould be excecutabel only with CAP_NET_RAWIO capability.To all that I know, they are safe to be used as setuid root.
was written by Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznetAATTms2.inr.ac.ru>
If someone will dig out bugs, whichwere fixed after my versions were cloned: PLEASE, tell me!
is part of the iputils-ss990107 package and is available for anonymous ftp <ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/iputils-ss990107.tar.gz
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.