MAN page from OpenSuSE shadow-4.6-lp22.214.171.124.x86_64.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
newuidmap - set the uid mapping of a user namespace
- newuidmap pid uid loweruid count [uid loweruid count [ ... ]]
DESCRIPTIONThenewuidmapsets/proc/[pid]/uid_mapbased on its command line arguments and the uids allowed in/etc/subuid. Note that the root user is not exempted from the requirement for a valid/etc/subuidentry.
After the pid argument,newuidmapexpects sets of 3 integers:
- Beginning of the range of UIDs inside the user namespace.
- Beginning of the range of UIDs outside the user namespace.
- Length of the ranges (both inside and outside the user namespace).
newuidmapverifies that the caller is the owner of the process indicated bypidand that for each of the above sets, each of the UIDs in the range [loweruid, loweruid+count] is allowed to the caller according to/etc/subuidbefore setting/proc/[pid]/uid_map.
Note that newuidmap may be used only once for a given process.
There currently are no options to thenewuidmapcommand.
- List of user's subordinate user IDs.
- Mapping of uids from one between user namespaces.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.