MAN page from OpenSuSE shadow-4.6-lp18.104.22.168.x86_64.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
newgidmap - set the gid mapping of a user namespace
- newgidmap pid gid lowergid count [gid lowergid count [ ... ]]
DESCRIPTIONThenewgidmapsets/proc/[pid]/gid_mapbased on its command line arguments and the gids allowed in/etc/subgid. Note that the root user is not exempted from the requirement for a valid/etc/subgidentry.
After the pid argument,newgidmapexpects sets of 3 integers:
- Beginning of the range of GIDs inside the user namespace.
- Beginning of the range of GIDs outside the user namespace.
- Length of the ranges (both inside and outside the user namespace).
newgidmapverifies that the caller is the owner of the process indicated bypidand that for each of the above sets, each of the GIDs in the range [lowergid, lowergid+count] is allowed to the caller according to/etc/subgidbefore setting/proc/[pid]/gid_map.
Note that newgidmap may be used only once for a given process.
There currently are no options to thenewgidmapcommand.
- List of user's subordinate group IDs.
- Mapping of gids from one between user namespaces.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.