MAN page from OpenSuSE aaa_base-84.87+git20180409.04c9dae-lp220.127.116.11.i586.rpm
Section: Emulate agetty console (1)
Updated: May 18th, 2010Index
smart_agetty - Emulate agetty for a non vga/framebuffer console
SYNOPSISsmart_agetty [OPTIONS] <GETTYSPEED> <GETTYDEVICE> <GETTYTERM>
smart_agetty is a wrapper script around agetty. It accepts the following options:
- Normal getty options. See
- $ man 8 agetty
- for more details.
- The speed of the getty device.
- The used tty device - as listed in /dev.
- The value to be used for the TERM environment variable. This overrides whatever init(8) may have set, and is inherited by login and the shell.
The following diagnostics may be issued on kmsg:
Can not determine 'getty device' speed.
- stty speed could not autodetect the speed of the given device.
- Autoconsole could not guess the right output console.
Please visit http://bugs.opensuse.org/
to get a guidance on how to submit bugreports.
2010 SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany.
Lars Vogdt <lruppAATTsuse.de>
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.