MAN page from Fedora 30 perl-Pod-LaTeX-0.61-305.fc30.noarch.rpm
Section: User Contributed Perl Documentation (1)
pod2latex - convert pod documentation to latex format
pod2latex *.pm pod2latex -out mytex.tex *.pod pod2latex -full -sections 'DESCRIPTION|NAME' SomeDir pod2latex -prefile h.tex -postfile t.tex my.pod
is a program to convert POD
format documentation(perlpod) into latex. It can process multiple input documents at atime and either generate a latex file per input document or a singlecombined output file.
OPTIONS AND ARGUMENTS
This section describes the supported command line options. Minimummatching is supported.
- Name of the output file to be used. If there are multiple input podsit is assumed that the intention is to write all translated outputinto a single file. ".tex" is appended if not present. If theargument is not supplied, a single document will be created for eachinput file.
- Creates a complete "latex" file that can be processed immediately(unless "=for/=begin" directives are used that rely on extra packages).Table of contents and index generation commands are included in thewrapper "latex" code.
- Specify pod sections to include (or remove if negated) in thetranslation. See ``SECTION SPECIFICATIONS'' in Pod::Select for theformat to use for section-spec. This option may be given multipletimes on the command line.This is identical to the similar option inthe "podselect()" command.
- This option causes the output "latex" to be slightlymodified from the input pod such that when a "=head1 NAME"is encountered a section is created containing the actualpod name (rather than NAME) and all subsequent "=head1"directives are treated as subsections. This has the advantagethat the description of a module will be in its own sectionwhich is helpful for including module descriptions in documentation.Also forces "latex" label and index entries to be prefixed by thename of the module.
- Specifies the "latex" section that is equivalent to a "H1" poddirective. This is an integer between 0 and 5 with 0 equivalent to a"latex" chapter, 1 equivalent to a "latex" section etc. The defaultis 1 ("H1" equivalent to a latex section).
- Print a brief help message and exit.
- Print the manual page and exit.
- Print information messages as each document is processed.
- A user-supplied preamble for the LaTeX code. Multiple valuesare supported and appended in order separated by ``\n''.See -prefile for reading the preamble from a file.
- A user supplied postamble for the LaTeX code. Multiple valuesare supported and appended in order separated by ``\n''.See -postfile for reading the postamble from a file.
- A user-supplied preamble for the LaTeX code to be read from thenamed file. Multiple values are supported and appended inorder. See -preamble.
- A user-supplied postamble for the LaTeX code to be read from thenamed file. Multiple values are supported and appended inorder. See -postamble.
Known bugs are:
- Cross references between documents are not resolved when multiplepod documents are converted into a single output "latex" file.
- Functions and variables are not automatically recognizedand they will therefore not be marked up in any special wayunless instructed by an explicit pod command.
Tim Jenness <tjennessAATTcpan.org>
This program is free software; you can redistribute itand/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.
Copyright (C) 2000, 2003, 2004 Tim Jenness. All Rights Reserved.
- OPTIONS AND ARGUMENTS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.