MAN page from OpenSuSE kservice-5.45.0-1.2.x86_64.rpm
Section: KDE Frameworks: KService (8)
kbuildsycoca5 - Rebuilds the KService desktop file system configuration cache.
- kbuildsycoca5 [OPTIONS...]
kbuildsycoca5builds binary cache of the data stored in.desktopand MIME type.xmlfiles that the KService framework uses to find plugins, applications and other services.
The KService library uses this database to efficiently provide the information requested of it.
Users do not normally need to run this application directly; KService will run it if necessary, when any of the files whose data is cached are changed.
- Ignores any user-set files (inXDG_DATA_HOME). This is currently only supported on Unix systems.
- Rather than using the existing cache and only updating the information that has changed or been added, start with an empty cache. Ignored if--globalis set.
- Ordinarily,kbuildsyscoca5sends a signal over D-Bus once the cache is updated to all the applications that use KService so that they are always working with the latest information. This option suppresses that behaviour.
- Test the generation of the application menu database. Does not actually build the cache.
- Use the QStandardPaths "test mode" to avoid interfering with user data. This is intended for use with unit tests.
- Track a menu ID for debugging.
- Show author information.
- Show license information.
- Show a brief help text.
-v , --version
- Show version information.
- The KService cache generated bykbuildsycoca5. On Unix systems,cachediris typicallyXDG_CONFIG_HOME
Please usem[blue]KDE's bugtrackermto report bugs.
Darian Lanx <contentAATTopenprojects.net>
- Wrote the original documentation.
Alex Merry <alexmerryAATTkde.org>
- Updated the documentation for KDE Frameworks 5.
- KDE's bugtracker
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.