MAN page from RedHat EL 7 dput-0.9.6.4-1.el7.noarch.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: October 5, 2001Index
- package upload tool for Debian
This is a tool for uploading Debian packages into the archive. You may specifyto which host it should upload the file by passing it anhost
argument. If omitted, dput uses the host specified bydefault_host
(or, historically default_host_non-us
) configuration option.Also you have to pass the program one or more name of package.changes
files and then they will be sequentially uploaded.This program will then upload the package for you into the archive, using aselected upload method. Currently dput supports ftp, scp, rsync, http,https, and local. Themethod scripts have been split from the main script so it is easy to addnew methods. Look in /usr/share/dput/ for examples.
Should something go wrong with your upload to destinations using theDebian upload queue daemon (e.g. ftp-master), you can remove files fromthe upload queue with dcut(1).
- define a config file to use.-d,--debug
- activate debugging mode, helpful if bugs occur.-D,--dinstall
- do a dry run of dinstall after the upload.-f,--force
- force an upload of an already uploaded package.-h,--help
- print help information and exit.-H,--host-list
- print the lists of hosts that dput knows about.-l,--lintian
- run lintian before the upload.-U,--no-upload-log
- do not write a .upload log file after uploading.-o,--check-only
- check only the package and do not upload.-p,--print
- print the configuration that dput is using.-P,--passive
- use passive ftp instead of active. Note that passive ftp is the defaultunless specified otherwise in the configuration file.-s,--simulate
- simulate an upload only.-u,--unchecked
- don't check GnuPG signature on the changes file.-e,--delayed
- Upload to a DELAYED queue, rather than the usual Incoming. Thistakes an argument from 0 to 15. Note that a delay of 0 is differentfrom no delay at all.-v,--version
- print version information and exit.-V,--check-version
- check if the user has already installed and tested the package beforeputting it into the archive.
This program doesn't depend on any environment variables. But if the variableUSER is set, it will be used.
This program is distributed under the terms of the GPL.
Please send bug reports to the author.
- global dput configuration file
- peruser dput configuration file
was written Christian Kurz. The current maintainer isThomas Viehmann <tvAATTbeamnet.de>.
Many other people have contributed to this code. See theThanks file.
The author does appreciate comments and suggestions from you.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.