MAN page from openSUSE Leap 42 fpc-2.6.4-1.1.i586.rpm
Section: Free Pascal Makefile constructor (1)
Updated: 11 Jan 2005Index
fpcmake - The Free Pascal makefile constructor program.
fpcmake [-Ttarget] [-pwhrqvV] [filename [filename [filename]]]
fpcmakereads a Makefile.fpcand converts it to a Makefilesuitable for reading by GNU maketo compile your projects. It is similar in functionality to GNU autoconf or Imakefor making X projects.
fpcmakeaccepts filenames of makefile description files as it's command-linearguments. For each of these files it will create a Makefile in the same directory where the file is located, overwriting anyexisting file with the same name.
If no options are given, it just attempts to read the file Makefile.fpcin the current directory and tries to construct a Makefile from it.any previously existing Makefilewill be erased. See fpcmake(5)for a description of the format of theMakefile.fpcfile.
fpcmake has a small number of options to control it's behaviour:
- Emit a short help text describing the use offpcmake
- If this option is given, a package description file is generated as well asa makefile.
- Tells fpcmaketo be more quiet, i.e. emit less messages.
- If this option is given, fpcmakewill recursively scan subdirectories for makefile.fpcfiles and generate makefiles for them.
- Specifies the targets for which fpcmake should generate makefiles. This can be a comma-separated list of targetsystems, or the special identifierallwhich indicates that a makefile should be generated for all supportedplatforms.
- This option instructsfpcmaketo be more verbose.
- Printfpcmakeversion and exit.
- This is the standard option and tellsfpcmaketo generate a makefile.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.