MAN page from CentOS 6 nodejs-hubot-slack-4.4.0-2.3.noarch.rpm
Section: sshpk Commands (1)
Updated: Jan 2016Index
sshpk-sign - sign data using an SSH key
sshpk-sign -i KEYPATH [OPTION...]
Takes in arbitrary bytes, and signs them using an SSH private key. The key canbe of any type or format supported by the sshpk library, including thestandard OpenSSH formats, as well as PEM PKCS#1 and PKCS#8.
The signature is printed out in Base64 encoding, unless the --binary or -boption is given.
Signing with default settings:
$ printf 'foo' | sshpk-sign -i ~/.ssh/id_ecdsaMEUCIAMdLS/vXrrtWFepwe...
Signing in SSH (RFC 4253) format (rather than the default ASN.1):
$ printf 'foo' | sshpk-sign -i ~/.ssh/id_ecdsa -t sshAAAAFGVjZHNhLXNoYTIt...
Saving the binary signature to a file:
$ printf 'foo' | sshpk-sign -i ~/.ssh/id_ecdsa \ -o signature.bin -b$ cat signature.bin | base64MEUCIAMdLS/vXrrtWFepwe...
- -v, --verbose
- Print extra information about the key and signature to stderr when signing.
- -b, --binary
- Don't base64-encode the signature before outputting it.
- -i KEY, --identity=KEY
- Select the key to be used for signing. KEY must be a relative or absolutefilesystem path to the key file. Any format supported by the sshpk libraryis supported, including OpenSSH formats and standard PEM PKCS.
- -f PATH, --file=PATH
- Input file to sign instead of stdin.
- -o PATH, --out=PATH
- Output file to save signature in instead of stdout.
- -H HASH, --hash=HASH
- Set the hash algorithm to be used for signing. This should be one of sha1,sha256 or sha512. Some key types may place restrictions on which hashalgorithms may be used (e.g. ED25519 keys can only use SHA-512).
- -t FORMAT, --format=FORMAT
- Choose the signature format to use, from asn1, ssh or raw (only forED25519 signatures). The asn1 format is the default, as it is the formatused with TLS and typically the standard in most non-SSH libraries (e.g.OpenSSL). The ssh format is used in the SSH protocol and by the ssh-agent.
Report bugs at Github[la]https://github.com/arekinath/node-sshpk/issues[ra]
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.