MAN page from openSUSE Leap 42 unixODBC-2.3.4-7.1.x86_64.rpm
Section: UnixODBC manual pages (1)
Updated: Tue 25 Jun 2013Index
isql, iusql - unixODBC command-line interactive SQL tool
is a command line tool which allows the user to execute SQL in batchor interactively. It has some interesting options such as an option to generateoutput wrapped in an HTML table.
iusqlis the same tool with built-in Unicode support.
- The Data Source Name, which should be used to make connection to the database.The data source is looked for in the /etc/odbc.ini and $HOME/.odbc.ini files inthat order, with the latter overwriting the former.
- Specifies the database user/role under which the connection should be made.
- Password for the specified USER.
- Run isql in non-interactive batch mode. In this mode, the isql processes itsstandard input, expecting one SQL command per line.
- Delimits columns with delimiter.
- Delimits columns with HEX, which is a hexadecimal code of the delimitingcharacter in the format 0xNN - i.e. 0x09 for the TAB character.
- Format the result as HTML table.
- Output the names of the columns on the first row. Has any effect only with the-d or -x options.
- Limit the column display width to NUM characters.
- Sets locale to LOCALE.
- Wrap the character fields in double quotes.
- Use the ODBC 3 calls.
- Use the new line processing. (multiple lines of SQL, terminated with command GO).
- Use the SQLExecDirect instead of Prepare.
- Use SQLDriverConnect.
- Turn on the verbose mode, where the errors are fully described. Useful for debugging.
- Prints the program version and exits.
- Alter the maximum number of characters displayed from a character field to NUM characters. Default is 300.
This section briefly describes some isql runtime commands.
- List all tables in the database.
- List all columns in the table.
- List all help options.
$ isql WebDB MyID MyPWD -w -b < My.sql
Connects to the WebDB as user MyID with password MyPWD, then execute thecommands in the My.sql file and returns the results wrapped in HTML table.Each line in My.sql must contain exactly 1 SQL command, except for the lastline, which must be blank (unless the -n option is specified).
- System-wide DSN definitions. Seeodbc.ini(5)for details.
- User-specific DSN definitions. Seeodbc.ini(5)for details.
The authors of unixODBC are Peter Harvey <pharveyAATTcodebydesign.com> andNick Gorham <nickAATTlurcher.org>. For the full list of contributors see theAUTHORS file.
unixODBC is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License. For detailsabout the license, see the COPYING file.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.