MAN page from openSUSE Tumbleweed gnustep-base-1.26.0-34.5.x86_64.rpm
Section: GNUstep System Manual (1)
Updated: August 2003Index
pl, pldes, plser, plmerge, plparse, pl2link
- property list tools
pldes filename(s)plget key[morekeys]plser filename(s)plmerge [ destination-file ] [ input-file(s) ]plparse filename(s)pl2link input-file [ destination-file ]pl -input [ input-file ] -output [ destination-file ]
Property lists in GNUstep are hierarchical lists of values or attribute-valuepairs. Programmatically they are represented by instances of the NSString,NSData, NSArray, or NSDictionary (most common) class (which may contain otherinstances of such classes). These instances can be serialized as binaryobjects to form a persistent representation. In addition, there are twoalternative human-readable representations. The first, utilized in NeXTstepand OpenStep, utilizes a text format with equals signs expressingattribute-value bindings and set braces expressing hierarchical organization.The second, often (uninformatively) referred to as "plist" format, is in XMLand is used by Mac OS X. The tools described here are utilities formanipulating the various persistent property list representations as files.
- pldes filename(s)
- Converts a binary serialised property list (class instance) to a textrepresentation.
- plget key
- Reads a text representation of a dictionary in property list format asstandard input, extracts the string value held in that dictionary withthe specified key, and writes the result to standard output.Multiple keys may be used to extract values from nested dictionaries.
- plser filename(s)
- Converts a text representation of a property list to a binary serializedrepresentation.
- plmerge [ destination-file ] [ input-file(s) ]
- Merges text property lists into a single property list
- plparse filename(s)
- Checks that each file contains a valid text representation of a property list.
- pl2link input-file [ destination-file ]
- Produces a desktop link file for KDE and Gnome for the given textrepresentation of a property list.
- pl -input [ input-file ]
- Takes the serialized plist represented by input-file and outputs it to standard output.
- pl -output [ destination-file ]
- Takes a plist from standard input and serializes it into destination-file.
This manual page first appeared in gnustep-base 1.9.2 (March 2004).
AUTHORSpldes, plget, plparse, plser
were written by Richard Frith-Macdonald <rfmAATTgnu.org>.
plmergewas written by Jonathan Gapen <jagapenAATTwhitewater.chem.wisc.edu>.
pl2linkwas written by Fred Kiefer <FredKieferAATTgmx.de>.
plwas written by Gregory Casamento <greg_casamentoAATTyahoo.com>.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.